Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Are we still seeing that you can return ANYTIME AFTER your BG is called?

And am I understanding correctly that I do NOT have to be IN Epcot to get a 1pm drop?

Last edited:
Seems to still be the case you can return anytime after.

You do have to have scanned into Epcot at some point to get in the 1PM VQ. So it is possible to arrive after 2PM (park hopping) and join the VQ after you enter the park if it is still available which it has been at least for some time the last few days. I believe you could also join if you had been in Epcot in the morning and had left but would return.

Seems to still be the case you can return anytime after.

You do have to have scanned into Epcot at some point to get in the 1PM VQ. So it is possible to arrive after 2PM (park hopping) and join the VQ after you enter the park if it is still available which it has been at least for some time the last few days. I believe you could also join if you had been in Epcot in the morning and had left but would return.
I can confirm, you don’t have to be in Epcot currently to join the queue for the 1 PM drop, but you did have to be in the park at some point.

So how in the hell do you book a lightning lane. Genie plus and try to get a VQ at the same time at 7am. I want to sleep. Now I gotta get up at 6:30 everyday of my vacation

Hate this crap honestly
You gotta get up early yes. That is the big draw back
But no reason to book anything at the same time
Buy Genie if wanted anything from 12am on
Book your VQ at 7 am
Then buy your $LL time slot

Most likely due to rain, just after we tapped into Epcot around 4 PM we were able to get VQ 185. Initially estimated time 8:52 PM, actually called at 7:17. Awesome ride!

Got boarding group 15 this morning. Had the app queued up and made sure I was signed in about five min till seven. Then refreshed at 659am. I used wifi and was at Old Key West. The other person on my reservation got a lightening lane for it as well. Our group got called at 810am while we were rope dropping soarin. Made our way over to Guardians and all I have to say it was awesome. Loved it. Our lightening lane was for 845am so by the time we were done with the first ride, it was time for lightening lane so we went on again. Probably wouldn’t go in back to back as it was intense but probably my favorite ride now.

Any ideas on how long virtual queues will be used for this ride? We are targeting November and hoping we won't have to wake up super early. Also not sure if it is best to go to Epcot on a Monday for the Extended hours or pick another week day.

Any ideas on how long virtual queues will be used for this ride? We are targeting November and hoping we won't have to wake up super early. Also not sure if it is best to go to Epcot on a Monday for the Extended hours or pick another week day.
Honestly, if you plan to use Genie+ for anything you'll have to get up at 7:00 any way. So not sure there's avoiding getting up early at Disney these days. VQ or not. Between ILL, VQ, Genie+, 7:00 is almost a must pretty much every day

If you’re eligible for Deluxe Evening Extended Hours, take advantage of them! It seems to be reasonably easy to get a GotG VQ at the special 6 PM drop, and you don’t have to have entered Epcot by then, you just have to have valid entry (ticket plus Epcot reservation, or hopping privileges if going to another park earlier).

If you’re eligible for Deluxe Evening Extended Hours, take advantage of them! It seems to be reasonably easy to get a GotG VQ at the special 6 PM drop, and you don’t have to have entered Epcot by then, you just have to have valid entry (ticket plus Epcot reservation, or hopping privileges if going to another park earlier).
Thank you. We will go on a Monday then. I wasn’t sure if everyone else who qualifies for the extra hours would also be there and hence increase the “crowds” and hinder our ability to get on the ride.

Thank you. We will go on a Monday then. I wasn’t sure if everyone else who qualifies for the extra hours would also be there and hence increase the “crowds” and hinder our ability to get on the ride.
We were there last night, and while there were a good number of people, it wasn’t anywhere near as crowded during DEEH as it had been on Sunday evening during normal hours. And it wasn’t unusually crowded during regular hours last night, either. It’s a great benefit to staying at a Deluxe resort!

Does anyone know the limit on people in your planning party when trying for the Board Group? I know that when I was making my park passes it would not allow me more than 10 people. I have a group of 20, some are kids that will not be going on the ride, so about 15 people. Will I need to separate my people or do you think it will allow me to try and grab a boarding pass for all 15 people at once?

I see it being reported that with the VQ, you can enter after your BG is called. If we are arriving that day around 12:00 noon, does it make any sense to try for a VQ at 7:00 and if we get a BG, try to ride way late? (especially since we may not be able to scan into the park before the 1:00 drop)

I see it being reported that with the VQ, you can enter after your BG is called. If we are arriving that day around 12:00 noon, does it make any sense to try for a VQ at 7:00 and if we get a BG, try to ride way late? (especially since we may not be able to scan into the park before the 1:00 drop)
Yes, for sure! There are zero reports of people being turned away for arriving hours after their VQ was called.

Sure
On July 4 I got up and got us on the VQ at 7am. Found out later that DH was feeling bad that morning so he didn’t join DGD and I in the park till evening fireworks. We got BG9, called it about 8:45am
When he joined about us 8:30 pm she used his band and his BG turn in his place.
They didn’t say a word when she entered
Just need to make it before closing

Another VQ question. Looking at the MDE App, Tip Board, at 1:15 shows under Guardians of the Galaxy VQ 493 Minute Total Wait. Does that mean there is VQ available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter