• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Back in the day, I was always successful at getting a BG for RotR. From reading other threads, I feel pretty confident about getting a BG for GotG on the 1pm drop. In order to increase my chances at 7am (or 1pm for that matter), is there a way to "practice" like there was with RotR? Knowing what screen to be on, where to click, etc. was a big help in always getting a BG in the past.

With the new G+ layout of MDE, I'm feeling kind of lost in that department. Thanks!

Back in the day, I was always successful at getting a BG for RotR. From reading other threads, I feel pretty confident about getting a BG for GotG on the 1pm drop. In order to increase my chances at 7am (or 1pm for that matter), is there a way to "practice" like there was with RotR? Knowing what screen to be on, where to click, etc. was a big help in always getting a BG in the past.

With the new G+ layout of MDE, I'm feeling kind of lost in that department. Thanks!
It lasts minutes past one you’ll be fine.

I poked around some more on MDE and I think it looks pretty similar to the RotR process. Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, before 7 am (or 1 pm), I would click on the tile labeled "Virtual Queues" which brings me to this screen:

image1.png

Then I click on "Join VIrtual Queue" (also before the official release time) to get to this screen:

image0.png

This is the one that I can't click too soon, right? But do the countdown and then hit "join, join, join" as fast as possible?

Is it similar to how RotR was (only friends and family that are actually in the park will automatically be selected), so I don't need to spend time checking or unchecking any names?

Thanks!

There is not a way to practice
There‘s no need
Just log on to MDE prior to 7 AM
Follow the prompts to have all eligible members of your party preselected
At 7AM click the join queue button
That’s all there is

I poked around some more on MDE and I think it looks pretty similar to the RotR process. Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, before 7 am (or 1 pm), I would click on the tile labeled "Virtual Queues" which brings me to this screen:

View attachment 697746

Then I click on "Join VIrtual Queue" (also before the official release time) to get to this screen:

View attachment 697747

This is the one that I can't click too soon, right? But do the countdown and then hit "join, join, join" as fast as possible?

Is it similar to RotR was (friends and family that are actually in the park will automatically be selected), so I don't need to spend time checking or unchecking any names?

Thanks!
Sorta. Sometime prior to 7AM you can check the status of eligible guests to be sure it’s ready at 7AM. If for some reason someone isn’t selected, you can select them and you can deselect someone if they aren’t riding

Any rumors, guesses, ramp speculation etc on whether they’ll drop the virtual queue? I’m going Oct 8 and would really like to be able to do SB rather than mess with the virtual queue.

So is ILL or Virtual Queue better if you are staying at a deluxe and want to get the earliest slot possible?

So is ILL or Virtual Queue better if you are staying at a deluxe and want to get the earliest slot possible?
With ILL$ you can choose your time period, so if you buy it at 7:00 AM you should be able to choose a very early time. With the VQ you may get a low number, or you may not, even at 7:00 AM.

Lets say you have an Epcot park reservation and get an unfavorable boarding group at 7am. Are you able to change your plans by changing/modifying your park reservation (if available) to do something else? Or are you locked into Epcot until park hopping starts at 2pm if you secure any boarding group at 7am?

Lets say you have an Epcot park reservation and get an unfavorable boarding group at 7am. Are you able to change your plans by changing/modifying your park reservation (if available) to do something else? Or are you locked into Epcot until park hopping starts at 2pm if you secure any boarding group at 7am?
I'm not positive I follow your question.
#1 Are you wondering if your VQ spot prevents you from changing your Park Reservation
or
#2 Are you wondering if changing your park reservation cancels your VQ
? Or maybe you want to know both
I'm sure it doesn't impact #1. If you can switch, switch. Depending on day there may or may not be any reservations to swap to. I've been there under both circumstances and find it really hard to predict when they book up and when they don't.
Not sure about #2. Probably not but not sure. I say Probably not because canceling a resort stay, for instance, doesn't cancel park reservations connected to it. Not automatically at least. It seems systems that are connected on the front end aren't connected on the back end.

I'm not positive I follow your question.
#1 Are you wondering if your VQ spot prevents you from changing your Park Reservation
or
#2 Are you wondering if changing your park reservation cancels your VQ
? Or maybe you want to know both
I'm sure it doesn't impact #1. If you can switch, switch. Depending on day there may or may not be any reservations to swap to. I've been there under both circumstances and find it really hard to predict when they book up and when they don't.
Not sure about #2. Probably not but not sure. I say Probably not because canceling a resort stay, for instance, doesn't cancel park reservations connected to it. Not automatically at least. It seems systems that are connected on the front end aren't connected on the back end.
Was asking #1, we don't much care if the boarding group would still be valid as we'd do another park instead 👍

Was asking #1, we don't much care if the boarding group would still be valid as we'd do another park instead 👍
Just one word to note, in case you are unaware, don't let the estimated return time be your only guide. It's almost always off at first, often by several hours. At least it was last time I was there (July). I do not know if they have gotten better at estimating the longer the ride has been in operation or not. They seem to start with worse case scenario, and reduce the return wait time lower and lower the longer the ride operates without issue on a given day. ie, the more guests that go through, the more they estimate will ride per hour, and as such the quicker your number will come up so the shorter your wait will be. If that makes sense.

Just one word to note, in case you are unaware, don't let the estimated return time be your only guide. It's almost always off at first, often by several hours. At least it was last time I was there (July). I do not know if they have gotten better at estimating the longer the ride has been in operation or not. They seem to start with worse case scenario, and reduce the return wait time lower and lower the longer the ride operates without issue on a given day. ie, the more guests that go through, the more they estimate will ride per hour, and as such the quicker your number will come up so the shorter your wait will be. If that makes sense.
Makes 100% sense and appreciate the info! Thanks @Mrs.AMC!!

Can you be late for a BG? Our EP day is our split stay check out/check in morning.

We were late for our boarding group this morning - mostly because we knew the return times aren’t enforced and after waking up at 7am we needed more sleep time after Moonlight Madness last night. When we tapped in I was pretty surprised when the CM said “And you’re ONLY 54 minutes late” in a pretty snippy tone!
If Disney is going to make us jump through all these hoops and then pick and choose when ‘time’ matters and when it doesn’t, I’ll use any advantage I can to make things easier while on vacation.

We were at Disney last week and got to ride GOG with boarding group 57. I used the same method I used for ROTR back in the day, which I realize might not be absolutely necessary, but I didn’t want to risk not getting one and having to pay for the ILL, which I would have done for the kids in our group who’ve never been to WDW and might not have the chance to return.

I closed out every app in my phone but the Speedtest app, and figured out the best reception at the hotel using just my data plan (BWI - the deck/patio section on the boardwalk right off the main lobby). Used the world clock on my iPad to count down to 7, closed the Speedtest app on my phone, and opened the MDE app. It’s nice that you can check your eligible party members before trying to join a group - before it felt like a wing and a prayer just hoping everyone with a park reservation would be there. 1 second before 7:00 am, I refreshed the app and hit “join.” Easy peasy. By and large, I prefer the boarding pass system to SB. Unless the ride craps out, I know I’ll get a chance to ride and instead of waiting in line for a couple hours, I could peruse a mostly empty world showcase. The slugs in our group also benefited, because I wasn’t about to sit at the hotel waiting for them to wake up and move.

As for the ride itself, it was so much fun. One of my kids is not into the intense roller coasters at Universal, but he will go on just about anything at the Disney parks. He had a blast.

We were at Disney last week and got to ride GOG with boarding group 57. I used the same method I used for ROTR back in the day, which I realize might not be absolutely necessary, but I didn’t want to risk not getting one and having to pay for the ILL, which I would have done for the kids in our group who’ve never been to WDW and might not have the chance to return.

I closed out every app in my phone but the Speedtest app, and figured out the best reception at the hotel using just my data plan (BWI - the deck/patio section on the boardwalk right off the main lobby). Used the world clock on my iPad to count down to 7, closed the Speedtest app on my phone, and opened the MDE app. It’s nice that you can check your eligible party members before trying to join a group - before it felt like a wing and a prayer just hoping everyone with a park reservation would be there. 1 second before 7:00 am, I refreshed the app and hit “join.” Easy peasy. By and large, I prefer the boarding pass system to SB. Unless the ride craps out, I know I’ll get a chance to ride and instead of waiting in line for a couple hours, I could peruse a mostly empty world showcase. The slugs in our group also benefited, because I wasn’t about to sit at the hotel waiting for them to wake up and move.

As for the ride itself, it was so much fun. One of my kids is not into the intense roller coasters at Universal, but he will go on just about anything at the Disney parks. He had a blast.
Holy crap. Speed test. World clock. Multiple devices. Hard core. Trip or job? That’s awesome though. I don’t know if I have it in me anymore as I read a lot of this from all you guys and gals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter