Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovethattink

TPAS Moderator
ETA:
DHS
: Guests being allowed in shortly after 8 but being held until 8:30 then walked down Sunset, to Toystory Land or Galaxy's Edge.
Epcot: IG guests being held around Canada and front gate guests being held just past Spaceship Earth. Being allowed to go further approx. 30 mins before posted park opening.
MK: Traditional rope drop started today 6/22/21. All guests being held in the hub until posted park opening time.
AK: Guests being allowed in approx. 45 mins before posted park opening. Being held closer to attractions until approx. 30 mins before posted park opening.

Here is a new place to talk about everything dealing with rope drop! Share your tips and strategies here. What worked for you? What are your rope drop plans?

Please be sure to follow DIS guidelines!

Getting There:
The best place to ask transportation questions is on the Transportation Board

Disney Buses
Buses start running 45-60 mins before park opening but it’s recommended to arrive at bus stop 90 mins before park opening

Skyliner
Skyliner starts running about an hour before park opening.

Uber/Lyft drop offs at a resort require an ADR not Quick Service

Driving
Parking lots open about an hour before parks open

Disney’s Boat Transportation:
Disney’s Water Transportation

The Parks:

ETA: Rope drop returned to a more “normal” rope drop at Epcot, today, June 8, 2021. Thanks. And at DHS today, June 18. Held on Sunset Blvd. And June 22, 2021 at MK.
@mrsap
https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...-returns-to-walt-disney-world-theme-parks.htm
How much earlier than posted times guests can normally enter?
Most days 45 minutes early.

Which attractions should I head to first?
A headliner attraction is recommended and would depend on personal preference.

Attractions Frequently Opening Early
DHS
Alien Swirling Saucers
MMRR
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Slinky Dog Dash
Toy Story Mania!
Tower of Terror

Epcot
Awesome Planet
Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along
Canada Far and Wide
Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
Frozen Ever After
Gran Fiesta Tour
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
Mission SPACE: Green
Mission SPACE: Orange
Reflections of China
The Seas Main Tank Exhibits
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Soarin'
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Walt Disney Imagineering presents the EPCOT Experience

Magic Kingdom (MK not currently allowing guests past the hub until official park opening time)
Big Thunder Mountain
Carousel
Dumbo
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Peter Pan
Pirates of the Caribbean
Seven Dwarfs
Small World
Space Mountain
Teacups
Winnie the Pooh

Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest
Flight of Passage
Na'vi River Journey

Last edited by a moderator:

Have they been letting guests in early or are they staying pretty close to opening times. Interested mostly in Epcot & HS since they open later in the morning
Most days it appears they're letting guests into the park about 45 mins before park opening. This can change day to day though.

Basically, once Disney transportation starts arriving and/or the parking lots open, they soon begin letting guests into the parks.

Great thread that will be very helpful for up-to-the-minute updates as summer approaches/arrives and things change. I'll be watching!

Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels will soon get 30-minute early entry to any theme park, every day. So that will impact rope drop plans, whenever it's implemented.

From a lot of the reports I'm reading it sounds like this is unofficially happening already in a very loose manner. It sounds like buses, boats, and the skyliner are all operating/arriving before they let the cars in from the parking lot.

From a lot of the reports I'm reading it sounds like this is unofficially happening already in a very loose manner. It sounds like buses, boats, and the skyliner are all operating/arriving before they let the cars in from the parking lot.
Yes but the poster is referring to the upcoming change that will allow only resort guests to enter early. It was announced by Disney earlier year.

These are great tips. Heading to DW in 17 days. Staying at ASMo. I’m taking all the notes that I can. Thanks.

I made an Ale & Compass breakfast ADR today for 7:20am when there's a 9am advertised open for DHS. I heard that even the Skyliner can get you there less quickly than a walk from YC or BW, so figured it was worth having as an option.

That said, I could only make it for 4 people and we have a group of 7. On another thread I was advised the guard won't check the specifics of your ADR when you show via Uber, but I'm still a little nervous they'll count the amount of people we have against the reservation. I was thinking that the 4 of us that want breakfast could actually use the reservation and the other 3 could wander around for 30-40 minutes.

We'll see--not tied to that strategy but thinking things out. I really want a Wave ADR to open for ANY amount of people so we can try that and walk to MK. I'd risk being turned away for that advantage!

Given the fact that there are no Fastpasses currently, doesn't that make doing the rope drop even more critical in order to avoid waits? So basically you need to rope drop every single day you plan to go to a park?
Yes. Those who rope drop each day are reporting getting a lot done in the first couple of hours. If you want to take advantage of the lowest crowds and waits of the day then rope dropping as you can is the way to go.

For our April trip HS has a ten am opening we will be at yacht club? What time should we get to the park for rope drop. Also I read a report where those who took the boat over missed this massive line to get in? And were given a different access of entry to the parks? We have not been so I’m not sure but I guess I could see those taking the boat over would have different access to the park than those who take skyliner walk over ? If anyone has experience on what the better course of action is boat or walk from yacht let me know thank you

For those who have been there in the last few weeks and stayed at a resort with the skyliner, I have a few questions. I saw this photo from a Disney IG account I follow which got me thinking...

1. Were buses to HS and E an option too? If so, which resort were you staying? We will be at CBR so I’m particularly interested in feedback from there!!
2. Did you take the bus to RD instead of the skyliner?
3. Thoughts on bus vs skyliner for RD these next few weeks.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• 5BB8F574-A9C0-4CDB-9962-AE8B7722FE22.png
    5BB8F574-A9C0-4CDB-9962-AE8B7722FE22.png
    221.8 KB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter