Everything but the kitchen sink???????

katefromny

Mouseketeer
We are going to be staying in a 2 bedroom at BWV for the first time at end of April and SINCE I'm starting to think about packing, I was wondering if I should pack everything but the kitchen sink??

1. Are coffee filters provided? And if not, what kind of coffee maker is in the room?
2. Is dishwasher detergent provided?
3. What about toilet paper (silly, I know--but since there's towel service every 4 days, my mother is a bit concerned that her "toilet papering" needs might not be met)
4. Is there usually a toaster in the room?
5. Are there ice cube trays for the freezer?
6. Is there an iron/ironing board?
7. Hairdryer?
8. Pots and pans, plates/cups/silverware provided?

Thanks so much--we are really looking forward to our trip!

Yes to everything but the coffee filters! All of those items plus more will be in the unit. You will get one package of laundry detergent and will have to buy additional (except for what you get at T&T or cleaning day). I'm not sure what type coffeemaker they are using nowadays. It was the Mr. Coffee basket type filter.

PamOKW--
thanks for the speedy reply! This gives me an idea of what I DON'T need to pack for the trip, and I'll just grab up a package of Mr. Coffee filters, though I suppose since we'll apparently have toilet paper..that would work in a pinch!:) LOL!

They are the basket type of filter, the regular Mr Coffee.

Make sure you bring spices other than salt and pepper if you need them, try to plan out any meals you might cook.
And also bring those tablets for the dishwasher and laundry tablets (we brought one for each day in zip lock bags with the spices). It is much cheaper to bring a bunch from home rather than buying them there. We got some great ideas from these forums and bought all of our food from Netgrocer, delivered to OKW, they brought it right to our room, and believe it or not, on the plane we checked a small soft cooler of frozen meat, cold cuts, and cheeses for the week which worked out great. The only thing we had to buy at disney was the soda, and next time I would buy, through netgrocer, a bunch of crystal lite. I cooked every night while the kids hung out at the pool, popped everthing in the dishwasher at night and saved tons of money, while having home cooked meals. I have gone away before and had nightmares with cooking, but the kitchens in the 1 and 2 bedroom Vacation club rooms have everything, and a great layout for cooking. Plenty of all the needed cooking items, can openers, containers, serving spoons, bowls of all sizes etc. With some great planning, which we start doing months ahead of time, the food and planning worked out perfectly. I couldn't believe how much stuff they provided us with, all those things you asked about plus. Plenty of toilet paper, towels were not a problem, they gave us extras with no problem. And the four day thing, not a problem just put the trash outside your room each day. You just have to make the beds and keep it tidy for yourself. I personally like the fact that I don't have to avoid the cleaning people each day like at a regular hotel. Bring plenty of large and small zip lock bags, they are very useful!

Have Fun!

We did wish for some plastic wrap or aluminum foil to deal with leftovers on our first trip. That is one thing I would recommend you bring.

Now this is funny, I got coffee filters with my coffee packs that were in the 2brm unit at VWL.

There was also at least three packs of dishwasher detergent, and of laundry detergent.

We pack a lot lighter not that we DVC.

We needed some dishwasher detergent and laundry detergent to do some wash the night before we left and while they said they should charge us, they did not.

Dishwasher soap (and the liquid dishwashing soap) has always been available and replenished for free. Has this changed? Laundry detergent has always been just the one box.

I always bring my t-fal fry pan. I don't like to cook eggs and other things like that in their pans. Just a suggestion, it's also my excuse to buy a nice new mid size t-fal frying pan. I also pack my spatula. Just a suggestion. I have also made homemade spagetti sauce, froze it and carried it on the plane in an insulated lunch bag, made a super meal, I also had meatballs in it.
another idea is also to mail a package of snacks and other unbreakable things down to yourself. they will hold them for you as long as you label them well.
I also measure out my laundry detergent into zip lock bags and throw them into one of the suitcases, but now they have the tablets which would work out well. bring dryer sheets, they are easy to bring.
enjoy the fun of planning what to bring - even give your kids a chore, give them so much money and take them to the market and have them pick up some snacks, etc to be mailed or packed for the consumption in wdw. they will probably enjoy that and it gets everyone involved in the preplanning.

OK so maybe that is why the diswashing detergent was free, But I still got at least 4 extra boxes of detergent for the washing machine.

Just returned the 15th from a 2bdr at BWV. They gave us one box of laundry detergent, and one package for the dishwasher. Plenty of liquid dishsoap, and there is a ice tray in the freezer, as well as an ice bucket you can use to get ice at the ice machine in the hall.

I packed the laundry and dishwasher tabs, as well as a stain stick and dryer sheets. Be careful with the dryer, even on the medium setting it was much hotter than mine at home, and I managed to shrink a few things. Great excuse to buy a few things at Downtown Disney!

I was surprised to see they now had a couple of small plastic juice glasses. Great for kids, or for use in the bathroom.

We brought the smaller water bottles with us and then bought a gallon of water at the resort. The gallon was $2.50 which is what they charge for a bottle at the parks. Just refilled our bottles every morning and off we went!

Have a great trip!

hi: one other thing we do is to buy the coffee prepackaged in the filters. the prices at albertson's weren't that different from what we would pay at home for that type of coffee. it's been a lot easier for us to do this.

Here's a list of things you should find, have a great trip.

Items with ** are available upon request.

Kitchen Cabinets
8 dinner plates
8 salad plates
8 cereal bowls
8 coffee mugs
1 platter
2 vegetable bowls
creamer/sugar bowl set
1 salad bowl
8 juice glasses
8 wine glasses
1 shot glass
1 pitcher
1 colander
3 piece serving set
8 piece cookware set
**cookie sheet
1 oblong 3-quart dish
1 covered casserole dish 2quart
3 piece mixing bowl set
plastic measuring cups
cutting board
wicker sugar basket
**electric mixer
coffee maker
**** salt & pepper shakers **** No longer included
wastebasket
bottle dish detergent
box dish detergent
**1 pot holder
small box laundry soap

Kitchen drawers
1 solid Serving Spoon
1 serving fork
2 tablespoons
8 dinner forks
8 dinner knives
8 steak knives
8 soup spoons
8 teaspoons
1 cutlery tray
1 vegetable peeler
1 bottle opener
measuring spoons
tongs
**soup ladle
hand can opener
pancake turner
slotted spoon
corkscrew
cook's knife
paring knife
roaster slicer
sponge
whisk

Misc
toaster
dish drainer
vacuum cleaner
iron
ironing board
broom
dust pan

You have gotten some great suggestions so far. Just be aware that you will actually need to pack LESS for DVC! We take very few clothes since we can wash right in the unit. Anything for the kitchen you need that is not already there will probably be available from housekeeping. I have never had trouble getting anything I needed.

I see mixer but what about a blender to make drinks LOL!! We are going in May and I would love to drink a daquiri on the balcony :) Sorry it has been a few years since we have stayed at OKW

These are all great ideas, and I've printed off your list--BillPA--which I'll refer to prior to packing!

I usually throw in a couple bars of hand soap. One for the kitchen and one for the extra bathroom sink in the master bathroom.

We sent a box UPS for our trip last June. We planned on it arriving the day after we got there. It was three days late. It just had snacks and a few things the kids wanted. (books, tapes, etc.) It was mainly stuff we didn't want to take on the plane. I don't know why it took longer. According to UPS it arrived "on time." We just figured it was in Disney somewhere. Just keep that in mind if you plan to ship anything. I still would do it again, but send it earlier.

If you need a blender just call housekeeping and they will bring you one.

We brought supplies for the coffee maker on our first trip to BWV (2BR) last November, but never needed to use them. We first used up the coffee in the kitchen, then used the coffee maker in the 2nd BR, and then the supplies for that one were replenished.

For our next trip, I'm going to bring a small clock for in the bathroom...gotta have my clock in the bathroom. :)

Also, a few magnets for the refrigerator to keep track of certain items...maps, etc. My DD was on different medications, and we had a chart, which I did tape to the frig (I brought tape :)).

Saw this on the tips board...bring a clear over door shoe organizer to put items to bring to the parks, ie walkie talkies, cameras, GoH badges, etc. I found that all our "stuff" either took up a lot of space on the kitchen table, or worked its way around all the rooms and we went searching in the morning.

Originally posted by Cris
I see mixer but what about a blender to make drinks LOL!! We are going in May and I would love to drink a daquiri on the balcony :) Sorry it has been a few years since we have stayed at OKW

Call housekeeping and they'll bring one for you.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter