Everyone should have such tough decisions!

Lisa3

DIS Veteran
We have decided that with the free dining there is really no reason to pay an extra 1,111.00 for concierge at the Polynesian. I am a little saddened by this since our last two trips were wonderful in that the concierge staff took care of everything. It is true what they say, "Once you have stayed concierge you will not want to go back". How spoiled is that! :blush:

Our first trip we sayed in Tokelau and we found this building to be wonderful. Large room, great location, etc. but with the newly refurbished rooms it would be great to stay in a "new" room. I need some help. Would you stay in Tokelau again even though the rooms haven't been redone in awhile or would you request one of the buildings where the redos are complete (has anyone stayed in one of these rooms recently)? There are 5 of us so the extra room in Tokelau would be an asset but we might want to try something different (how is Figi). DH likes the 1st floor no matter where we stay and we like to be close to the pool. Oh and it will be Garden View since we are doing Universal also. Oh, everyone should be bothered by such decisions! :confused3

I know you have made up your mind, but we found last year that the concierge service was still worth it with free dining. (We only looked to the concierge lounge for a breakfast snack.) I just booked CR Atrium Club for the free dining period and will be sending in my restaurant requests ASAP!

My DH and I decided the same thing and gave up the Poly Conceirge room we did it last year during the free dinning and can't justify $1100. I too am disappointed but we are planning another vacation for February so I will put the $1100 towards that so I get 2 trips. :woohoo:

Even though I loved concierge for the service, the 1100.00 will almost pay for our 3 days at Hard Rock Hotel and park tickets at Universal. If I win the lottery between now and then maybe we will switch but until then I am just happy to be able to stay at the Polynesian again. After a family meeting we decided to request 1st floor Samoa facing the Valcano pool. I know it is just a request but maybe some pixie dust will fall our way. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter