Everyone loves parades but me, right?

Micca

SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather
I don't like 'em. I hate standing around for long periods of time waiting for something to happen. Then I have to stand around while it's happening. I do think WDW parades are loads more worthwhile than others, but I just can't hang that long. I'm also at a disadvantage because I'm 5'6. Somebody is ALWAYS in front of me. I would like to thank the throngs of people who do queue and watch the parades at WDW, the lines at the attractions are more more bearable during those times:D

Micca! :eek:

Okay, what if there's a certain Mickey in the parade, would that help? :p ;)

I must admit I loved Tapestry... it was easy to find a place to watch and it was just beautiful. But the rest I can take or leave... if I see if, fine. If not, no biggie. I feel your pain. I am not even 5'1" and the last time I was there I tried to get a good view for Spectromagic and sure enough a group of people came right in front of me so I couldn't see :( They didn't speak English either so I was stuck moving elsewhere so I could get some pictures.

LOL, that's the only reason I like parades too. I hate when parades finish, the lines really get crazy then.

In my opinion, the WDW parades bring out the WORST behavior I have ever seen at Disney.

We have given up and avoid them :( . . .

Well of course Saffron if there's a certain Mickey that's a little different;) I would agree that Tapestry was great too, it's just all that standing around makes me antsy.

I've been to WDW countless times, and have seen a grand total of 1 parade (not counting Tapestry, which I adored). It just so happened when we were in WDW immediately after 9/11, and the crowds were light, that we were able to just walk up to a spot a few minutes before the parade started. I would never wait any length of time to see one though.

My DW and DD like to stand around waiting for parades, but DS and I would rather just catch a glimpse as they go by. To me, waiting for a parade is like standing in the world's widest line with a lot of line jumpers.

I will agree that TON/TOD was an easy parade to see (and worth the wait) although I will admit that we never once conciously stood around waiting to see that parade either.

I can't say that I hate parades because living in New Orleans that would be considered sacrilegous. But I will say that I do not like the schedule of parades at Disney. Almost all of the parades are scheduled during naptime. Since I have 2 DDS (4.5 and 19 mo), I cannot forgo naptime. So we all miss the parades. On the other hand I think the older one would be disappointed with the WDW parade; she really got into the whole getting beads thrown at her this year at Mardi Gras!:rolleyes: :p

I don't 'do' parades either. All that staking out a spot an hour before the event drives me crazy, it's so boring just sitting/standing there, knowing that if you move a muscle someone will steal your space!

I'm only 5'0 so unless I'm at the front I have no chance at all of seeing.

The lines on some of the rides mysteriously disappear during parade times anyway, so in that sense I love parades! :Pinkbounc

Louise

I don't like standing around either, but we watch parades for the kids, usually just one or two per trip though.

I'm all the time subbing in our band and after spending an hour on Friday marching with our HS band as they practiced for the Indy 500 parade.......I have to say I appreciate parades!!!:teeth:

After marching with them for 2 miles.......I must say I think I'd rather stand and watch them!!! My feet are still sore!!!:jester:

I like the parades at WDW because during the parades we ride the rides!!!;) :)

I have only seen one daytime parade at wdw - that was the snowglobe parade on our last trip - I just really wanted to see it - but we got sooo hot just waiting for it to start!

We do enjoy nighttime parades - we are one of those that stake out a spot - but first we make sure everyone has used the restroom and we have food to eat while we wait :) It helps the time pass by faster - we just continue to sit while the parade comes by.

Hi Micca,

I am with you - I hate parades - any kind, disney or elsewhere.

We have the famous Toronto Santa Claus parade here and yup - I hate it - I was so happy when we got Sunday shopping here so I could shop while my daughter and her Dad stood for the parade.

At Disney we do something else - like shop or eat or get on a ride.

>>^..^<<

I not a big parade fan..when I was little my mother use to take us to all of the local parades here in Jersey City. I hated when the bands came by with their loud music…especially the drums…I remember covering my ears and crying.

(if you see a 6 foot 7 inch man covering his ears and crying at any WDW parade…please just keep walking and please don’t stare)

You're not alone. I only catch the WDW parades if I happen to be around when they are starting. No chalk lines or blanket saving for me!:D

I don't like parades OR fireworks. Although having little ones with me does make a huge difference. My ds4 absolutely loved Illuminations, that made it so worthwhile for me. Same with the Share a Dream Come True parade. Actually I thought that parade was good, but moreso because of my kids. It was pretty short too, so that helped. :p I absolutely cannot stand Spectromagic. And I remember back in '96, wondering when the MGM parade was ever going to end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter