Everybody's got a Laughing Place...ours was our Disneymoon!8-26-Day 3 Complete! Pg13

Hey again everyone. I know, i know...we are MIA!

Well, theres been alot of work to be done and I've been feeling under the weather... we've been falling asleep at like 9am because vin now wakes up at 4!!!!!!!!!!

Ive written some of my version of the next part so we're just waiting on vin!

Sorry guys! I promise to make it super intersting!!

ps- i have to re-organize all my pictures-when vin broke my computer he lost all my organized photos!!:confused3

So vin got home at like 930 last night, and we had to take the plates off my car (insurance) and pullit in the back, vin still hadnt eaten....
I am thinking i may post my version of day three (OMG thats all were on?) and then have vin respond when he can. Im too excited to post all the pictures and stuff we did while we were tehre!
Work here is terribly boring, the children are testing the next two weeks for the state so we are just...bored teachers. I played some music yesterday to cheer them up. Oh how I think I will be a terrible wife and post some disney journal tomorrow...
Sorry vin

whenever you got it up we will read. take your time.

Love those pics Jen! You two are adorable! Isn't the beginning of the year a drag... how does your class seem this year?

hey girl! I have missed you!! Glad to hear things are going well, I cant wait to see your feature online, keep me posted:goodvibes The cop pics are amazing btw! I love that you are frisking him and laughing about it, you need to blow that pic up and hang it up in your house! BTW, I meant to ask you about the "fun, racy" pics you took before, were they a hit?

Hi again, just read the preTR and this one too. love every minute of your story
waiting for more.....

I'm late but here!! I've been keeping up with Emma's and just saw your reply that gave me a link to your report. I can't wait to catch up and read it all. I was so busy with my daughter's wedding when we got back from our July trip and the start of school, that I fell behind in my trip report reading. I'm trying to get my Spring Break Disney getaway planned. Stayed tuned. Hopefully I can do a report on that as 4 parents, 4 boyscouts and a Brownie should make for an interesting trip.

I'm so late in reading here, but we had our Thanksgiving dinner 2007 at Whispering Canyon. It was a great choice for Thanksgiving and the traditional foods were serve with yumminess. They did less screaming for ketchup.. I think because it was Thanksgiving and people were enjoying family time. Pumpkin pie for dessert was awesome, but my DH isn't a pumpkin lover, so he skipped dessert! :scared1:

I did it. I read all 17 pages in one day. didn't get much else done today... but who cares? Its a Disney trip report and its Jen and Vin.. the cutest newly wed couple ever right?! Let's see. WL must be totally different form DVC resorts. The kids TV and play areas are always in the main building where you check in. The room buildings tend to be very quiet. We typically stay at SSR over by the Grandstand Pool area. That is one of the "quiet" pools, and it is, but it is still fun for the kids because of the cool horse themed water play area. But even when we stayed at All Star Music and Pop Century, it was quiet. Value resorts don't have kids play areas with TV's that I've ever noticed.

We've eat at the BierGarten. We like to order in German when we're there..because we can. Also at Somerfest. When we ate at Biergarten, we missed the show. It was a couple years ago, and we haven't been back since because of dietary concerns (kosher, fat and salt). There is alot of pork in that place. But I agree, its great!! I could just eat a whole pile of their sauerkraut, but I'm not allowed to anymore! :guilty:

I love the book you made. How did you attach the cover? Did you use cardboard for the cover and wrap the Disney themed paper around it?

Kim Possible... yes, we loved it. Lots of fun. My older (21 and 17) kids had as much fun as the 7 year old and her 10 year old cousin. While they were involved in the game I took the time to scout out some of the shops.

Club Cool: Its hilarious that Vin liked it. I didn't think it was horrible. just ok, which my kids were horrified by, but we tried to trick my MIL with it. We took her in there and had her try it. She said "Mmmm this is really good!!". We were floored!!:scared1: But this woman also eats Lychee fruit. enough said!! :laughing: We saw a little kid get tricked into trying it and he spit it out into the trash bin.

Did you find the address for Guest Relations at WDW? I have the business card if you need it.

Where we had a bad experience was 2 ressies. T Rex and Planet Hollywood. At T Rex, it was loud (not unexpected), that wasn't the problem. But because it was loud, communication with our waitress became an issue. We asked her for our DVC discount and we assumed that we got it. DH took care of the bill, so when we left (and it was closed) I reviewed the receipt for the first time and saw she didn't take it off. I presumed it was because she couldn't hear us over the loud roaring dinos. I didn't really think it would be a problem for them to credit me the $16.00. I went back to them with the receipt the next time we were in DTD and they told us that once the restaurant closes for the night, they can't make any adjustments to a bill. They would not budge. Would not grant us a gift card for $16.00 to make me happy. I told them I'd report this on the DIS, to no avail. So we won't eat there again. We had a party of 7 and a bill of $160.00 before tip. They could have tried harder.

At PH we dined with my other cousins (my dad's side), so we were a party of 8 (grandma and cousin Sarah stayed in the villa to pack). We were seated at a large round table in the middle of the lower level. It was so loud. I've eaten there before, but never was it ear splitting loud. The waiter said that some DJ's are louder than others. That was bad enough, but upstairs, the entire floor was taken up by the chanting and shouting and foot stomping Bazillion Brazilians. OMG!! It was so loud we couldn't have a conversation. We told the waiter that we were not ordering more drinks or dessert because we had to get away from the noise. :sad2: It was unbelievable!

Its great that you got to enjoy the pool. We spent very little time in the pool because every single day when we returned to our room in the afternoon for a rest and swim, it would rain and lightning and they'd close the pool. This happened like 5 times! Some times we didn't even get in the pool. Once, I had been looking forward to dropping into the pool for hours, I was hot and salt encrusted and felt like Lots' Wife. I got on my suit, walked over to the pool, and the lifeguard had just posted the closed sign. The sky looked black and ominous... but I was so hot.. and so salty. I walked over to the children's water play area and turned on the spray things and ran through them til I was cooled off. Gotta love Florida in the summer!!

I'm looking forward to the rest of your trip report. Now I gotta switch over to Emma's. Something just posted on hers.

Mindy (Mrs. Snow White)

Hey guys!

We figured we would update for a bit since we havn't in quite a while.

No, we didn't write Disney to complain about the "Disneymoon"
See, the way we figured it, was, it was our decision to stay there in the first place. Although they had "honeymoon suites", it's still Disney right? Some of the things, although unacceptable, shouldn't have happened but they did. And thats how you deal with life. That's how you learn WHO you are as a person.

Responding to personal messages, and such about my TR:

And to whoever left the message in my mailbox asking if I am a man, Yes, can't you tell by my absolute "Man-ly" posture?

And the one message asking if Vin is leaving me for a man? Nope, sorry honey, he's doing just fine with me :)

And the one asking if vins a woman? Yup, how'd you guess? The hair on his face it totally fake, we draw it on every morning with a marker!

Oh and, our wedding wasn't based on "not leaving the room", because what real relationship is? When we are old and wrinkly, what on earth are you going to do then? lmao

Poor people have too much time on their hands! With work, and "real life" it makes you wonder just what kind of people have the luxury to sit around and be rude about other people's trip reports and planning journals. Honestly, I wish I had your life, as if that is your biggest thrill, good for you!

Back to the real news...

Vins job is amazing. As said before, he was one out of a very few to be picked (Go ahead girls, barf on your computer, I am saying something nice about my husband) and he is loving it. Last week Tony Hawk was at his job, and this week Ugly Betty is being filmed. It's pretty awesome! We were sent the package of what schools we can go to for our Master's as well, and that will be in three years! NYU is one of the listing schools and since my GPA in college was 3.89 , as well as Vin's we may get to go there for a first pick!! Woohoo!

They also have amazing benefits, so anyone who is in NY, if your husband is a "worker" like mine, seriously consider having them take the test for the Local 3. Its strenuous work, but at least they're covered with benefits! The physical is a breeze for anyone in shape too! It is a true blessing!

We're probably not heading back to disney this year, as we are going to do the VR in two years (2011) because we will have alot to celebrate. Vins job will probably not let him have vacation till November, but no biggie, we're still honeymooning!

Obviously with Vin's new job, we can't get on here much. But after the wonderful hate messages we recieved, we will most definitely be back to be sure that those who just "cant stand" to read our Trip review (But wait, still read through the 17 pages of it and then leave nasty messages... about it?lmao) will have something to complain about!

Life truely has been way too good for us! Can't wait to write our next installment!

Oh yeah, and the "fake" poster who has replied to my blog, I love your work! Have you ever considered acting? I have a friend who works on the set of gossip girl!

Oh to have a life filled with nothing to do... how wonderful it must be....

Enjoy loves!

Oh yeah, and the pipe got fixed, so we didn't have to re-gut the kitchen! We just made a crazy contraption to snake it through! See, no one knows everything!

Wow, I can't believe someone would say those things to you :sad2:. Some people need to get a life and stop being miserable to others. It astounds me that people can get such joy from making others feel bad. Why do people have to be stupid?? Don't take it personally Jen, you and Vin are both so sweet and kind!

I'm so happy that Vin's job is going so well and he is enjoying it!! Hopefully you will be able to go to NYU, that's such an amazing opportunity!

It's too bad that you won't be able to go back to disney next year, but at least you will have something to look forward too! :goodvibes Can't wait for the next installment.

Jen,

I cannot believe someone on here would be so childish and spiteful as to send you such ridiculous PMs!!! :sad2: ... have you thought about telling the moderators? I'm not sure how that works.. but this is a Happy and Magical place on the internet! :rolleyes:

I totally agree with you, they obviously have far too much free time on their hands :confused3

so yes - you two should definitely continue the TR (and beyond!) because you have dozens of true Dis Friends who can't wait to read more... :grouphug:

Loads of luv & pixie dust

Emma princess: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps - super jealous that Vin is working where Ugly Betty is being filmed! xx

Yey for posting an update!

I'm sorry you've encountered some crazy people but some people truely have no life. Who wants to sit around being mean to people all day when you can be out living?
You obviously have a good head on your shoulders!

Can't wait to hear more :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter