• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever used a CamelBack in the parks for your water?

TracyIdaho

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I hope this is the right board for this post. My dh and I were in REI today looking at fanny packs, backpacks, etc for our trip to WDW in Sept. We saw some cool (but spendy) CamelBack backpacks that had the water bladder in one compartment of the backpack and then other compartments were what you would expect of a "normal" backpack. Has anyone used these type of backpacks before in the parks? Are they heavy when full of water? Will they be hot to wear that time of year? Is the CamelBack a better idea than toting around water bottles? Thanks for any help!

PS Here's a link to the CamelBack I'm talking about:
http://www.camelbak.com/rec/cb_prod.cfm?catid=6&product_id=214

My husband & I got back last week and used a Camelback almost everyday. He filled it mostly with ice from the hotel and we had cold water all day long! It also kept his back nice and cool!

I read in some prior posts that some people don't like them, because they are heavier than other bags. My hubby said it wasn't a problem at all and we didn't have to keep buying water all day!

I found my 'camelback' at Kmart. It wasn't the same brand, but it's the same concept. It is a regular backpack, but has a water bladder. I got it at Kmart because they were considerably cheaper than the name brand one's. I got mine for $19.99

One of my friends got one, but the first time she used it, it leaked, so she just brought it back, and they exchanged it with no problem. So just make sure you test it out before going to Disney :D

So, Suzann, was the whole thing really heavy once you filled it with water and with your backpack stuff? That's the only concern we really have with this idea. :)

Thanks,

It wasn't too heavy, I mean if you compair to carrying water bottles with you, and actually having really COLD water with you all the time, I think it definitely works out. And by mid day, you don't even notice how heavy it is (or maybe that's because we were drinking water, Hmmm?) :D

I use mine all the time for other things too, like bike riding.... so it comes in handy a lot.

Yes, our Camelback is a backpack also. It looks small but holds everything we needed. It wasn't any heavier than my purse would have been! And as the ice melted we drank it and it got lighter and lighter :)

So I don't have to start another thread, I'll just post my question here. They have a CamelBak fanny pack version, for those who have the backpack, would you think the fanny pack is better, or just stick with the backpack version? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter