Ever notice how one person's bad mood can ruin everyone's day?

babar

<font color=red>Has many quirks</font><br><font co
My boss:rolleyes: is such a *itch (yeah, i typed it!:p ) I can't give you every detail, but let's just say she walks in, everyone says hello, and she just slams the door. Then she'll call you and ask you to bring her in something, when you get there, she gives you a look like "why are you bothering me", you give it to her and she throws it down on the floor. And that's all on a good day. Today people were actually arguing with each other over who was gonna go ask her a question we needed answered.

Anyhow, with her being so tense, everyone got tense, I started bickering with someone else, and by the end of the day no one was smiling, and we were all looking for new jobs!! I came home pissed off, started arguing with Micky, and i just finally calmed down.

Now I get to do it again tomorrow.:rolleyes:

andrea

Sorry to hear about your bad day and lousy boss. :( I know it's difficult to ignore, we are human. Just keep telling yourself "Misery loves company".

{{hugs}}:)

I had one like that was like that sometimes- not as extreme- fortunately he spent a lot of time out of the office or in meetings so we could have good days lots of times. But eventually it got to the point that I was so unhappy in that setting and with my personal interaction with him that I left...this was after 11 years with the organization. He had been my boss for the last 3 I was there. I just decided life was too short to be spending all that time tense and unhappy....DH was tired of me taking it out on the family when I got home.....I was fortunate to be able to just leave and take some time to find something else.

DO you have an HR office or someplace to go to maybe try to help this person understand what her attitude is doing to morale?
Unfortunately, in my case this WAS the HR office...isn't that awful?!?!?!

Hope tmorrow is a better day for you!

I know the feeling. I had a boss who was like the for the first couple of years we worked together. One of my co-workers described it as feeling like she was "drowning" in the tension. After that, whenever anyone would see our boss pull into the parking lot they would shout "man overboard" to alert everyone else ;)

I hope things get better for you babar

I used to work for someone like that too. I used to dread going to work :( :(

When I became a manager 16 yrs ago I vowed I would not make the people who work for me miserable. I try to keep "whatever is bugging me" outside and not bring it to work with me.

We have to be together five days a week, 8 hours a day, so if the work is getting done, and getting done well, why not have a good time? :p We all like to joke around and keep a good rapport with each other (don't get me wrong, when I get ticked off about something, they have a tendency to stay away from me for about an hour or so, and it can get pretty quiet ;) )

Sure hope things get better for you. Wouldn't blame you one bit for looking for another job. :( Good luck.

The last three years where I worked we could tell how our day would go as soon as the manager walked in for the day. She could not separate her home problems from her work day. Didn't make it pleasant for the rest of us.

I have the best boss in the world and I just wanted you all to know that. We don't have any toxic people working here at all.

I just can't imagine having to work in an environment such as that Babar. {{{HUG}}}

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter