Ever managed Palo Brunch x2?

#NotMyName

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide which day to schedule Palo brunch and wondering what the likelihood would be of obtaining a 2nd reservation once on board for the 7 night Alaska cruise. (One time, on the Dream, we were offered a 2nd visit -- perhaps because we were celebrating DD's 21st birthday. Another time, on the Fantasy, we put our names on a wait list and never got a call.)

Trying to decide which day to schedule Palo brunch and wondering what the likelihood would be of obtaining a 2nd reservation once on board for the 7 night Alaska cruise. (One time, on the Dream, we were offered a 2nd visit -- perhaps because we were celebrating DD's 21st birthday. Another time, on the Fantasy, we put our names on a wait list and never got a call.)
The odds are slim to none due to it being an alaskan cruise. Brunch is popular for the views especially on tracy arm day.

Bottom line is that I need to select my first preference and consider it a huge stroke of luck if I can nab another. Our tradition is to have brunch on our first day at sea, but for this cruise I am thinking of brunching on the last day. I have many months to ponder...

We have only done it in concierge as well and it was on the Magic. I think they have the best Palo brunch of the 4 ships.

I've had reserved two Palo brunches on a few of my 7 day cruises. I have booked four different meals (brunch/dinner) at Palos during one of my 14 day cruises.

We have had 2 brunches on several sailings, including Alaska. Just look in the Navigator you get in the port before you board and it will tell you where to go to get palo reservations.

Good Luck!

We were first time, non concierge, cruisers who just sailed the Wonder on July 7th. We had brunch at Palo on glacier day. DH was so impressed that he asked our server if we could do another brunch. I told him that we would not be allowed to have a 2nd brunch, and our Palo server corrected me and said that it was absolutely possible, and that he thought there was some availability for later in the week.

Sure enough, we ate brunch at Palo again on our last sea day. SOOOOO good!

Every time we've had brunch, the host has asked us if we'd like to schedule another as we leave. It probably depends on having openings though so I would never count on it.

We have only done it in concierge as well and it was on the Magic. I think they have the best Palo brunch of the 4 ships.

Isn't the selection the same on all 4 ships? If not then maybe I need to do a Magic cruise :thumbsup2

We were on the Alaskan cruise in 2015. We booked Palo brunch for the first sea day. At the end of the brunch, we asked if there was any opening for the second sea day and was granted a reservation. We also booked dinner on Tracy Arm day. We were served by the same server for all three meals. We wanted to try the brunch first before booking for the second brunch and had a more relaxed embarkation day.

Many times when we have dined at Palo, our server would encourage us to book another meal. I don't remember which cruise it was, but my wife and I dined early in the cruise, and the server told us we could have dinner at Palo every night if we wanted to.

Isn't the selection the same on all 4 ships? If not then maybe I need to do a Magic cruise :thumbsup2
We like the way the restaurant is layed out for brunch on the Magic as it takes up the back of the boat and the food is presented in a beautifully laid out spread. (The wonder is similar). The fantasy and dream has Pali on one side to make room for Remy and they put all of their food in a seperate room to the side that is more like an afterthought. On the Magic they always have out the parmisan wheel that has the freshly cut parmisan inside.

Don't let me wrong, we love brunch at all the Palo restaurants but the Magic just happens to be our favorite one.

Agree with Trera, I preferred the brunch on the Wonder last year to this month's on the Dream. The food, I'm sure, was the same, but the presentation is different.

Agree with Trera, I preferred the brunch on the Wonder last year to this month's on the Dream. The food, I'm sure, was the same, but the presentation is different.

The food offerings are very similar and some are 100% identical. However, the Wonder had a few offerings this year that neither the Dream or Fantasy had. Also, like Drusilla and Trera, I just preferred it on the Wonder. I don't know if it was the layout or the service or if the food was actually better, but I did like it more. In fact, it even made me consider dinner which has never happened before.

We always try to book a second Palo brunch once onboard. We go the second day and see if they have anything available. Why the second day? We're all in this together, and if demand is so high that all tables are reserved, it doesn't seem right for us to have two reservations if others will be left with zero (even if we are concierge, we still don't feel entitled to have priority for a second meal over others who want to eat there). But, after everyone who wants one has a shot on boarding day, we always check to see if they have spots available. We have been very lucky over the years with getting a second reservation!

So, hope for pixie dust, check with Palo once you are onboard, and keep checking throughout the cruise (there might be cancellations). Palo brunch is a not-so-secret jewel, we've been to Palo about 25 times, and savor each visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter