Ever drive from Phila, PA area to the World?

Hi,
Welcome to the DIS:)

We drove from Southern NJ twice, and have always taken I-95.

Here are a couple of good links for you to check out if you like:

Map Quest
(good for directions, distances, & times)

I-95 Exit Info.
(Excellent site with services offered on I-95's exits)

FYI...I think there's another popular route other than I-95 that I've seen mentioned here on the Trans. Board, but I'm not exactly sure what it is. Hopefully someone else can fill you in on that one.

-Mark

We drove from South Jersey, also, and took I-95. In Washington DC we drove around downtown, I think we used 495? (It's been quite a long time since we drove down. That 17-18 hour drive is a killer! ;) )

We also drive from S. Jersey and use 95. We plan our trip so that we leave home around 3:30 AM, which puts us past the D.C. area before rush hour and it's never been a problem. We stop for day in Brunswick, GA, usually about 3:30-4:00 PM. Then in the morning it's only about a 3 1/2 hour drive to WDW.

We just returned from Disney. It was our first drive. We live in NJ about 30 mins from del mem bridge. Drove straight thru both ways. 95 south, 495 around DC, 295 around Richmond, 295 around Jax, 4 west. It was an easy drive, although lots of construction about. Get a trip Tix from AAA

We drive down twice a year from S. Jersey, their is an other way to go if you want to avoid some of the Baltimore & DC traffic. At the Delaware Memorial Bridge take Rt 301/1 to Annapolis, there it becomes Rt 50 which takes you to Rt 495 part way around the DC area. This is a little bit slower a driver since most of 301 is 55 MPH. However we still make it to WDW in about 18 hrs, using this route.

Or take Route 301 south through Southern Maryland, cross the Potomac River Bridge to Dahlgren, VA & south to I95 north of Richmond, VA - sure beats the Washington Beltway at any time of day or night.

We stay on I-95 the whole way, no by-passes. By the time we hit Baltimore,rush hour is over,same for DC and Richmond. Clear sailing from there. Takes us about 14.5 hrs.

Just make sure your past DC before rush hour. Rush hour here is a killer. I have driven it from So. Jersey also years ago. Once you are south of DC it is a real easy drive. Have a safe and magical trip.

Originally posted by Mickey Fan in PA
Thanks for all the tips!!! We leave in 32 days. Wish us luck.
:earsboy:

Can you make sure you post how it goes, we are almost neighbors and we are driving to Hilton Head in a few weeks, and if that trip goes well, we are planning a drive in December to WDW.

I have been collecting all sorts of info from the DIS boards about things to make the trip easier. We have a 3 1/2 year old, not sure if you are traveling with children. I have created a Word file that I can print out the tips:D

Have a super trip, and a safe drive!!!:D

If you have AAA you can have them make up a trip planner for you with maps and the route you should take. When my family used to drive from south jersey that's what my mom always did - they could also make suggestions on where to stop for the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter