Ever done the Blackbeards Cay?

mommylovesdisneymore

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever done this activity and is it worth the money? What all do you get to do and can my 4 year old go to? How far away is it and are you pushed for time to get back to the ship?

Did the Stingray Adventure while on a Carnival cruise last year.

Loved it. Got to spend as much time as we wanted with the stingrays. There is a beach, bar, lounge chairs to hang out in. Definitely, thought it was worth the money.

If you take the slow boat it was about a 20 minute ride to the island.

Had time to shop at the straw market after returning so we did not have any problem making our back on board time.

Sean

I am booked on the Stingray adventure at Blackbeards in 3 weeks. I asked all around and everyone told me that they had a great time.

Are you going for the stingrays or just for the beach?

Is this the excursion to book through Disney? I just posted the same question basically, if so. It says 3 and up. And lunch included if you do it though Disney. I believe it is 4-5 hours.
But I was looking too at how it is. Just did some reading on it on the Disneycruise site.

We did this excursion on our cruise in May. My kids were 12, 9 and 9. While my 12 year old daughter chose not to snorkel with the sting rays, my twin boys loved it!

P1010052_0111_111.jpg

P1010053_0112_112.jpg

Here are pictures of the beach area and the stingray area.

Did you do the one offered by the ship? Was lunch included? If so what was it? Just curious?

We booked our excursion through Disney. We did eat on the island. If I remember right, choices were a hamburger or hotdog, chips, drink, and maybe a cookie. Not a buffet lunch, but it was okay.

We spent all the time we wanted snorkeling with the sting rays. There was a specific time we fed them and they also offered pictures with them. We had already moved to the beach area when the next boat came with the cruisers from Carnival for their excursion.

My daughter and I had plenty of time to clean up and then go shopping in Nassau when we got back. I thought it was definately worth the money we paid.

Another question. It looks liek this last about 4- 5 hours. What time did you meet/leave, and then what time do you get back. I would like to do some shopping in town too, and make it back on board at a decent time.

I'm thinking we met around 10:00 am for the excursion and returned back to the ship around 3:00 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter