Ever been unhappy or thrilled with the view you GOT vs. the view you BOOKED?

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
So you booked a pool view and all you can see is a hint of blue through a mass of trees? Or you book standard view, expecting to be looking at dumpsters and lo and behold you see lagoon?

Share your stories of view discrepancies both good and bad!

Both times we booked AKL, we booked a standard view. We ended up being surprised each time with a great savannah view. :yay:

We booked (hopefully) adjoining, standard view rooms at Yacht Club. We wound up in one of the turret suites with a view of Crescent Lake!

Yes.

CBR, booked and paid in advance for water view .... was given parking lot view ... took an hour to fix, to which they put us out in the boonies so they got the last laugh.

AKL, booked pool view and got roof view ... never even used the balcony it was so bad and loud. Will never book that view again.

AKL, booked standard and was upgraded to Savanna and it was hard to leave the balcony it was so awesome.

POP, booked standard and upgraded to Preferred facing a pool, which we didn't like.

POP, booked standard and upgraded to Preferred, was okay but disappointing.

Our other 120+ onsite stays were all more or less what we booked and expected.

Last edited:
We have been very lucky in the fact that we have had a number of trips that we have been "bumped" up:) We have never had a bad view i.e. trash bins or loading dock (knock on wood). We did reserve a water view room at CSR and you had to walk out past the bushes and look directly right to see part of a pool. Needless to say I talked to a manager and they only charged us for a standard view room for the trip. We have yet to be "bumped" down.

For our honeymoon at BWI we had a garden view booked and got a garden view, but with the loveliest view of the Eiffel Tower in Epcot and could see some fireworks from illuminations. Loved sitting on our balcony.

For our first trip with the kids, we stayed at the YC and paid for a standard view but got bumped to a gorgeous view of the lake and the boardwalk. We spent a lot of time on that balcony because kids were young and napped and went to bed early. Was really amazing sitting out at night.

We booked a standard room at POFQ once and got upgraded to garden. We were happy with the view.

Booked a studio Villa at VWL and got no balcony...We were moved the next night to a courtyard view room in the main building.

Booked a standard view room at WL, ended up in the room at the very end of the hallway with the little opening in stone pillars for a balcony. We were moved the next night to a fourth floor room with views of MK and fireworks.

Both times the staff were helpful and they couldn't move us that night, but the next night they could.

Yup, like the poster above, AKL, 3 times for me. Once I reserved a value studio, and all my previous value studios were pool view. So I was thrilled to get a nice savannah view. Second time was a reclassified standard -"partial" savannah, looked like regular savannah view to me. Last time I'd booked a value again, but this time I got a full size savannah studio

We always book standard, and we've never been disappointed :D We stayed at ASMo last year, booked standard and got Toy Story.

Yes.

CBR, booked and paid in advance for water view .... was given parking lot view ... took an hour to fix, to which they put us out in the boonies so they got the last laugh.

AKL, booked pool view and got roof view ... never even used the balcony it was so bad and loud. Will never book that view again.

AKL, booked standard and was upgraded to Savanna and it was hard to leave the balcony it was so awesome.

POP, booked standard and upgraded to Preferred facing a pool, which we didn't like.

Our other 120+ onsite stays were all more or less what we booked and expected.

:worship::worship::worship:

Booked a standard view studio at VGF and were upgraded to the Sanibel Suite which has an absolutely perfect view of the Magic Kingdom, monorail line, Contemporary...you name it! That was a once in a lifetime upgrade! Loved sitting on the balcony (there were 3) to watch Wishes and listen for the train.

Beach Club - Booked standard view and was upgraded to water view.

AKL - Booked savannah view and was downgraded to a standard view (partial savannah view) and refunded the difference in price.

Booked Garden(or standard can't quite remember) at CR, and we had a great view of the canal that connects Seven Seas to Bay Lake... We loved watching the boats go back & forth. BCV booked studio/standard, and a great view of the river & bridge to the lobby w/ the quiet DVC pool to our left... It was so pretty especially at night.

We have been well over 100+ trips, and most times we get what we selected. I don't recall many being "bad" view. More like disappointing, just a tree blocking or a wall in mods, things like that.

We have been upgraded at AKL to savannah, standard room to garden that kind of thing.

I would say we are more interested in a good location.

We booked standard view twice at AKL and both times received a Savannah view. Once was when they were building Kidani, and you could also see that construction far in the background of the Savannah, so I'm assuming they didn't put paying savannah view people there. Second time we were on the edge of the savannah.

At WL we booked a courtyard view. We were put on the second floor, but the area we were in (right off of the lobby) the second floor was actually the ground floor so all we saw were trees and the walkway. :(

And I should add that TWICE my parents booked standard Beach Club rooms and were thrilled that they were upgraded to Club Level. Once they were sent to the Yacht Club club level (it was so funny when they called me to describe how confused they'd been to be told they had to go to a different hotel). And once they were upgraded to the Beach Club club level.

Booked standard at CBR and received a preferred water view room that over looked Martinique's pool. So nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter