"Even the Garbage Cans Have Flowers!"-A September 2016 Mother-Daughter TR!- NEW TR LINK 9/13!

Your magic bands came out so cute!! Have an amazing trip!!! :banana:

I hate the paper straws at AK too! They always get so soggy.

We are total opposites when it comes to Everest, I could ride that baby all day! :rotfl:

What an annoying moment with the CM at Pizzafari! The fact that he dismissed your ID is so rude!

Since we are flying with Frontier Airlines, it costs extra for bags, so we are trying to all pack in one checked suitcase!
I've heard some not so great things about Frontier/Spirit, but we're flying it in May to Seattle so I'm interested to hear how your experience is.

But, I knew in my heart that this was not true, so we set off on our own search. And sure enough, in Discovery Island, we found our treats!!

B4EF308C-FE74-419E-833D-9715FF43B204_zps9gzwcgxz.png
Yum! We get these every time in AK

I don’t like the straws at Animal Kingdom though; I know that they are better for the animals since people are jerks and litter, but it’s a weird texture :crazy2:
I totally agree. They're so gross especially when the paper starts breaking down.

Since I look young, this happens to me literally all the time, so I just politely corrected him. I handed him my ID and said “Oh it’s no big deal! I’m 22. Here’s my ID!” But then, he pushed back my hand holding the ID, gave a wry laugh, and said, “Yeah, sure you are.” Then he put the tray back on the counter and told me to go get my mom. :furious: Not wanting to argue any further, I went and got Mom to carry the tray, but both of us agreed that it was a super weird CM moment.
LOLing because this is something that would happen to me. I would have said something in your survey though because he seemed kind of rude about it.

Have a great time on your trip!

That is pretty much all that is new on the March 2017 trip!! I just have one more day of work tomorrow, then I’m free!!! I’m sooooo excited, although like always, it hasn’t sunken in yet that by Friday afternoon, I’ll be in WDW! :mickeyjum

:cheer2:

Where I last left off, Mom and I were parched in Animal Kingdom without a slushie stand in sight! :scared1:

I've heard they have frozen Jungle Juice slushies now so I'm going to try to find them next trip!

I waited for our food while my Mom staked out a spot. When our food came, I went to pick up the tray and the CM stopped me, saying, “Sorry, people who are underage can’t carry trays with alcohol on them.”

C34F12DE-2336-4363-9A77-4EFAEEF99DD4_zpswef9ju3a.gif

Since I look young, this happens to me literally all the time, so I just politely corrected him. I handed him my ID and said “Oh it’s no big deal! I’m 22. Here’s my ID!” But then, he pushed back my hand holding the ID, gave a wry laugh, and said, “Yeah, sure you are.” Then he put the tray back on the counter and told me to go get my mom. :furious: Not wanting to argue any further, I went and got Mom to carry the tray, but both of us agreed that it was a super weird CM moment.

I look young too, and I know one day that will be a good thing etc etc, but there's a difference between being mistaken for being younger and someone just being rude. I feel like he was just being rude. People mistake me for being younger, but once I show ID they don't try to argue with me or act like I'm pretending. I would've been really annoyed at that. It seems so weird he wouldn't even look at it.

Last edited:
I'm so glad you finally saw Festival Of The Lion King Show. It's my favorite show.

So sorry you had a rude CM in Animal Kingdom. Honestly I don't understand why they didn't just look at your ID. :confused3

Your glittery magic bands turned out so cute! And what the heck with the CM at Pizzafari?? Like why didn't he just look at your ID??:confused3

Hey friends....

JUST LANDED IN ORLANDO AND NOW ON DISNEY'S MAGICAL EXPRESS!!!

:banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thank you all so much for your nice words!! I will reply to comments when I return, and I'll be sure to give you all the deets on our girl's trip :goodvibes And if you see me wandering around the World, PLEASE say hi!!!

Let the memories begin!!

:smickey:

OMG!!!! I fell behind on your trip report, so much that you are ON your girls trip now! I hope you hare having a great time. I need to get a couple of my girlfriends to want to go to Disney! They all say Disney is for kids...

She must have thought I was crazy, because she was telling me all of the news about MagicBand 2.0 and It’s A Small World displaying your names at the end, and I was just like, “I know….I know...I know…” :rotfl:
I love when folks do that! I just smile and nod. smile and nod.

We are staying from March 17-20 and will be at All Star Music!
Woo Hoo!!!!
I want to try to explore the new Planet Hollywood Observatory in Disney Springs; these milkshakes are calling my name!! :love:

1F6A737D-05F2-4170-BA98-E5C29E87BC03_zpsddqgotx2.jpg
I hope you tried this. They look amazing. I just wonder if they taste as good as they look!

I don’t think I’ll do an official PTR or TR of this trip since it is so short and last-minute, but I will be doing little planning updates of it on this TR and probably do a little recap when we return!
Can't wait to hear about the mini-trip.

I can't believe that cast member didn't believe you after you willing showed him your ID. CM on a bad day.... Glad you didn't let that ruin the day!

I looked for you all weekend but never saw you. Of course I was barely at the resort, I spent most of my time in the parks. I had a wonderful time and I hope you did too!

I'm doing this :rotfl2:because of the CM not believing you're 22 and this :scared1: because I can't believe you guys had never seen FOTLK before! It's mine and DH's favorite show in all the parks :goodvibes
Now I agree that was an awkward moment with the snarky CM, but take it from someone who's didn't look over 21 until she was about 30-you will miss that when people no longer question if you're legal!!
Have a magical girls trip, can't wait to hear all about it :)

Haha, that is true! My mom tells me that I will miss looking young, I just thought it was weird that he wouldn't even check my ID? :sad2: A few months ago, I got a massage at Massage Envy and the lady at the front desk literally carded me to make sure I was over 18 :rotfl2:

I was so glad we finally saw FOTLK! We saw Flights of Wonder a looooong time ago, but we still haven't gotten over to Finding Nemo: The Musical yet!!

Thank you so much for the well wishes; it certainly was a magical time :goodvibes :earboy2:

Yep, that's the place. I remember getting frozen Coke there a few years ago. Glad you found it. I wish CM's would try to find out instead of giving false info though. I think there's some rule that they can't say "no" or "I don't know" but I wonder how many less knowledgeable people get disappointed because of bad CM advice when there's no need for it.

Have a great trip! Enjoy Wishes (one last time :()

I'm pretty much the same about EE. I'm okay with one ride. I'm fine with speed and turns on roller coasters, but I don't like big drops and EE is right on the borderline for me.

Glad you fixed that problem, but does that mean you also have never seen Finding Nemo The Musical? The songs are pretty catchy. If you have the time, go see it on your trip. It's fun.

Right you are Ariane! I had the same problem XX years ago when I was in my 20s. I thought it was a pain then, but now that my grey hair gives me away, I think maybe it wasn't so bad!

Yeah, I've heard that too where a CM can't outright tell a guest "no"... this guy was very apologetic and nice about it so we weren't too concerned! We figured that since it was early September, a lot of CMs were probably just starting their college program and didn't fully know the ropes yet!!

Yes, we need to see Finding Nemo: The Musical soon! The only song I know is "Big Blue World," and I love it, so hopefully the other songs are as catchy as that one.

Just the other day, my dad was carded when we were eating at Buffalo Wild Wings. He definitely was surprised/confused about that one :rotfl:

Thank you!! Watching Wishes for the last time was so incredibly sad, but it was a magical trip :wizard:

Totally agree with @ariane37 that you'll eventually miss these days (I looked young for years as well)...BUT...how rude! That is ridiculous that he wouldn't even look at your ID. Looks like a nice snack nonetheless. And we love FOTLK! It's a must do for us on our AK day :-)

FOTLK is now a considered a must-do every trip for us :) And Pizzafari hit the spot!! I agree, I look young and it is totally understandable that people mistake me to be underage. BUT, if I willingly show you my ID, surely I must be of age, right?! :laughing:

Your magic bands came out so cute!! Have an amazing trip!!! :banana:

I hate the paper straws at AK too! They always get so soggy.

We are total opposites when it comes to Everest, I could ride that baby all day! :rotfl:

What an annoying moment with the CM at Pizzafari! The fact that he dismissed your ID is so rude!

Thanks girl! :cutie: Our trip was awesome!

The straws are that way at AKL too and they're so annoying! I do love the animals though, so I put up with it!

I used to be that way with both Everest and Space Mountain, but now I find that they make my neck sore. It's that old age getting to me ;):rotfl:And I agree that the CM was rude; I'd like to chalk it up to him being flustered, but I just wish he would have handled it a bit differently!

I've heard some not so great things about Frontier/Spirit, but we're flying it in May to Seattle so I'm interested to hear how your experience is.

Yum! We get these every time in AK

I totally agree. They're so gross especially when the paper starts breaking down.

LOLing because this is something that would happen to me. I would have said something in your survey though because he seemed kind of rude about it.

Have a great time on your trip!

I flew with Frontier when I went to a bachelorette party in Las Vegas last October, and you definitely get what you pay for! It stinks having to pay extra for bags, and the tray tables are ridiculously tiny. But, as long as it's a shorter flight, I'm all about saving money :thumbsup2

Those slushies totally cooled us down! And I maybe would have, but the survey was about our resort only, so I didn't really have a place where I could fit it in. I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, because all of the CMs were frenzied and rushing around in there. Maybe one of the head bosses was there and they were all nervous? :rotfl:

:cheer2:

I've heard they have frozen Jungle Juice slushies now so I'm going to try to find them next trip!

I look young too, and I know one day that will be a good thing etc etc, but there's a difference between being mistaken for being younger and someone just being rude. I feel like he was just being rude. People mistake me for being younger, but once I show ID they don't try to argue with me or act like I'm pretending. I would've been really annoyed at that. It seems so weird he wouldn't even look at it.

Oh my lanta, frozen Jungle Juice?! I probably had about 8 glasses of that stuff when we ate at Boma later in the trip :rotfl:

I agree with you, I wish he would have had less attitude and would have just looked at my ID. I understood that he was in a rush and trying to get other orders finished, but it only would have taken about 2 seconds to look at it? :confused3 Usually people get embarrassed when I correct them about my age. When I was 20, I did the Fool The Guesser game at the Wisconsin State Fair and the guy pegged me for 15 :scared1:

I'm so glad you finally saw Festival Of The Lion King Show. It's my favorite show.

So sorry you had a rude CM in Animal Kingdom. Honestly I don't understand why they didn't just look at your ID. :confused3

We loved FOTLK!! We are so familiar with the music that we couldn't help but sing along :goodvibes

Yeah, rude CMs are a rarity but do pop up in occasion. I don't understand either, but I wasn't in the mood to fight it so I just had my mom come and get it. Hey, less stuff for me to carry, right? :rotfl:

Your glittery magic bands turned out so cute! And what the heck with the CM at Pizzafari?? Like why didn't he just look at your ID??:confused3

Thanks girl!! And yeah I know right?! He looked really flustered and rushed around, but it would have only taken 2 seconds to look at my ID! :sad2:

I'm all caught up on your September trip now and you're at WDW TODAY!!! party: Have so much fun!

Thank you so much!! We had a fantastic time :earboy2:

so exciting about your weekend trip! hope you have a safe and fun vacation :smickey:

Thank you!! It was a magical trip :cutie:

Have an amazing time with your friends and enjoy the World :mickeyjum

Thank you!! We had so much fun!! :goofy:

OMG!!!! I fell behind on your trip report, so much that you are ON your girls trip now! I hope you hare having a great time. I need to get a couple of my girlfriends to want to go to Disney! They all say Disney is for kids...

I love when folks do that! I just smile and nod. smile and nod.

Woo Hoo!!!!

I hope you tried this. They look amazing. I just wonder if they taste as good as they look!

Can't wait to hear about the mini-trip.

I can't believe that cast member didn't believe you after you willing showed him your ID. CM on a bad day.... Glad you didn't let that ruin the day!

Thank you so much!! This is the first time I had ever been to Disney World without a parent, so it was a whole new experience! I was definitely the biggest DisNerd of the bunch, however :rotfl2:

I DID try a milkshake!! Holy cats, it was AMAZING!! :love:I will make sure to write all about it in the TR!!

Yeah, Mom and I were shocked too, but we try not to let that stuff get to us! Bad CMs are so few and far between that we knew it was just a fluke!

I am up to date on your TR, and I love it. I'm so sad it's almost over! :sad1:

Thank you so much for your nice words! :hug: No worries, I think that I will end up doing a full-blown TR for my March trip too, if that interests you :goodvibes I said that I was only going to do a mini-TR, but what can I say?! I love writing these things and I'm so glad people love reading them!!

I looked for you all weekend but never saw you. Of course I was barely at the resort, I spent most of my time in the parks. I had a wonderful time and I hope you did too!

AHHHH Ariana, I saw you!! We were in the bus line for ASMu coming back from MK on Saturday night ! I was just about to board the bus when I saw you in the line adjacent to me, but the line was moving so quick! By the time I spotted your Pluto bag and realized it was you, you were on the complete other end of the line :sad::sad: I was so mad at myself for not noticing you quicker and yelling hello!!

Real Life Update!!!

8D8452A1-217C-4A43-BC4F-BBD9314A92EA_zpsj9epg98u.jpg

Hello Disfriends! I am back from my March 2017 trip!

27D7F642-3251-427E-AFEE-3DA810DA41E1_zpspyehtord.gif

It was so magical to spend a weekend at WDW with two of my best girls! princess: It was a complete whirlwind of 3 days; we saw and did so much and we were exhausted by the end. As soon as I returned home, I did this…

83CE26F3-B551-4546-B3ED-D0A33DA32BFC_zpsdn2znxcr.gif

However, the 3 days also seemed to go by way too short; none of us were ready to go home! We had highs, we had lows, but best of all we made memories to last a lifetime :earboy2: Which leads me to a little announcement….

I know that I said that I would only do a mini-TR of this trip, but I have so much to tell you guys that I decided to do a full-on TR for March 2017!!!

party:

Here is where I’d love your advice! I am planning on writing the March 2017 TR in this same thread. But, should I start it after I finish my September 2016 TR, or should I mix in March updates along with the current TR? I am thinking of doing the first option; I don’t want to confuse you guys, and I know that y’all are here for the September TR, so I want to make sure I deliver on that first :thumbsup2 However, I’ve never done two topics in the same thread, so your opinions would be much appreciated :hug:

That being said, I should have a new September TR update up by this weekend! :smickey: I should probably get my butt moving, since I now have another TR to write! I’m so happy that you guys enjoy reading my posts :cloud9: If it’s even half as much as I enjoy writing them, I’m one lucky gal :goodvibes

A new update should be posted on Saturday or Sunday! Ta-Ta For Now Disfriends!

:tigger: :tigger: :tigger:

Last edited:
So glad to here you had a great trip!! And I'm so glad you will do a TR for it! I would say finish the September TR first, but either way it doesn't matter to me since I'll still be reading along :goodvibes

AHHHH Ariana, I saw you!! We were in the bus line for ASMu coming back from MK on Saturday night ! I was just about to board the bus when I saw you in the line adjacent to me, but the line was moving so quick! By the time I spotted your Pluto bag and realized it was you, you were on the complete other end of the line :sad::sad: I was so mad at myself for not noticing you quicker and yelling hello!!

Darn! I wish we had had a minute to say hi! But I do know how fast those bus lines move. That was the night I ended up on a double bus so we might even have been on the same one. I was way in the back (entered through the back door) and squished in with about a hundred other people. I was right by the door though so I exited quickly that night and headed straight to my room. I paid for a regular room but they put me in the Calypso section building 1 which I thought was all preferred.

As for the TR question, I've never done two in the same thread at the same time but I have throw in PTR updates in a regular TR. I just make sure I label them as such at the top of the post and do two different sections in the Table of Contents. Currently I have two that I'm writing and this trip will make #3! I'm going to do a totally different post for the latest one just to keep them separate in my mind and make it easier for the readers. Just need to finish editing my Photo Pass pictures and think up a title.

I'd finish this one then go into the next, but I'll be reading along either way :thumbsup2

Welcome back! I'm so glad you had a nice trip with your girlfriends. I look forward to reading all about that one too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter