EV Charging at SSR

Considering most new EVs have ranges well over 200 miles, we are there already. Especially ones than can take 75+kw charge speeds.

I have a Hyundai Kona EV and I would drive it cross country with no hesitation right now. The only exceptions are the states that have very limited infrastructure, which are Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota and parts of Minnesota, all other states are doable on fast chargers alone.
When we lived in Montana, we didn't even have cell service in some areas. And it still may be that way. We had our satellite television using one of the big dishes, not DirecTV or Dish. Heck, I couldn't get AAA to come change my flat tire because they didn't have anyone anywhere close to where I was.

They need to offer a lot more charging stations at the parks in Florida......even Disneyland has about 40 stations in each parking lot/structure now and a lot fewer guests overall.
CA has a lot more EV’s than most other states due to the states generous rebates if you buy one.

Agreed - CA is way ahead of the rest of the states re. EV cars. CA offers tax incentives to install chargers. Not to mention, the DL audience (often captive due to high AP folks) is mainly drive in with their own (often electric) cars. This is different than FL, which doesn't offer tax incentives to install chargers. Not to mention, the WDW audience is comprised of a large fly-in market & people who rent (gas) cars. (Even HI incentivizes electric cars & car chargers - Aulani has many chargers throughout the parking garages.)

For those skeptical about electric cars & cross country trips... DH & I have traveled in our original long-range Tesla Model 3 (three years old now!) with ~305 mi range. There is absolutely no problem road tripping with an electric vehicle. If you're curious - play around with the trip via abetterrouteplanner. Link here. Never had any issues during our road trips (DC to FL, DC to NH, DC to CO), nor have our friends completing similar journeys. The computer in the car handles everything including rerouting if there's cold weather (battery doesn't like cold) or strong headwinds (all cars, inc. gas & not just electric, use more power when driving into headwinds). We've never had any issues or wondered if we're going to make it (aka "range anxiety"). FL as a state is not friendly towards electric vehicles nor solar generated panels. Many states, inc our home state of CO, have tax credits that incentivize people to buy electric cars or put up solar panels on their roofs.

Because of this, we won't see more car chargers at the WDW theme parks nor resorts unless DISNEY chooses to install them - and for Disney to do so, well they gotta hear it from the people. So yes - Disney, if you're reading this: More chargers, please! :worship: It is the future, whether people are ready to embrace electric cars or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter