ESPN restaurants

Kristi391

Mouseketeer
Ok, this is probably a dumb question, but do the 2 ESPN restaurants only show sports on ESPN channels? It makes sense that they only would, but that seems rather limited to me.

What are the chances that I would be able to check out part of a hockey game (specifically the Wings/Caps) on Saturday night while grabbing a bite to eat? I know it is probably slim since I am assuming baseball will still be being played.

Just thought I would ask.

Thanks.

been to ESPN at Disney but have been to others.

There are a large number of televisions. If there is a world series game that night many will be on that. I would also expect a number on college football games. The SEC usually has a prime game Saturday night. But they do have some picking up other games and you can always ask.

I would think one of the hundreds of TV's would have it on. Heck the even have TV's in the womens restroom stalls. Which freaks me out by the way. :scared1:

No, they don't just show ESPN channels. We were there a few weeks ago on a Sunday for football and they had the CBS, FOX and NFL Network games on too. They have a ton of TVs and almost every one had something different on it. I'm sure you will be able to get the hockey game if it's on the NHL Network.

And I think the only ESPN restaurant is ESPN Club at Boardwalk. The only other ESPN-related places I can think of at WDW are the store at DTD and the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex, which only has a QS dining option and is only open when events are happening there.

In December 2010 I went to the ESPN Club three times to watch the Toronto Maple Leafs games and they were broadcast on different networks which was Rogers Sportsnet Ontario, Leafs TV and CBC.

No, they don't just show ESPN channels. We were there a few weeks ago on a Sunday for football and they had the CBS, FOX and NFL Network games on too. They have a ton of TVs and almost every one had something different on it. I'm sure you will be able to get the hockey game if it's on the NHL Network.

And I think the only ESPN restaurant is ESPN Club at Boardwalk. The only other ESPN-related places I can think of at WDW are the store at DTD and the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex, which only has a QS dining option and is only open when events are happening there.

Just guessing, but I think the reference is to the bar side (self-seating) and the stadium (or whatever the left side of ESPN is called - reserved seating) side of the same restaurant. I suppose you could call it two restaurants. :confused3

What are the chances that I would be able to check out part of a hockey game (specifically the Wings/Caps) on Saturday night while grabbing a bite to eat?
Thanks.

Very excellent. The ESPN Club has tons of options and they will try and get you the game/match/set/whatever you are looking for. Just ask at the host stand.

Now, why is your location Massachusetts but you want the Wings/Caps? I'm hoping you are saying you are a Caps fan. That's the important question.

This is great news, although my mom will probably be less than thrilled with this info!

Sorry Disnut8, I am a huge Wings fan. Not so easy living in MA (where I have lived all my life) especially now with the bruins being the defending Cup champs. I was actually thinking of going to the game in DC but then the Disney trip came up, so I will have to wait til november when they play in Boston.

I hope the 8 in your name is not a salute to ovechkin;)

Just guessing, but I think the reference is to the bar side (self-seating) and the stadium (or whatever the left side of ESPN is called - reserved seating) side of the same restaurant. I suppose you could call it two restaurants. :confused3

Same restaurant, just the dining room and the bar :thumbsup2

OP here...I had been thinking that the place at the wide world of sports complex was a ts restaurant, I thought I had eaten there years ago. My bad :eek:

Sorry Disnut8, I am a huge Wings fan. Not so easy living in MA (where I have lived all my life) especially now with the bruins being the defending Cup champs. I was actually thinking of going to the game in DC but then the Disney trip came up, so I will have to wait til november when they play in Boston.

I hope the 8 in your name is not a salute to ovechkin;)

Sigh. My son now lives outside Toledo but is a die hard Caps fan so I had to ask as he's been to several Wings/Caps games in Detroit. We used to have season tickets to the Caps when we lived in the DC area. And the "8" is actually because of Cal Ripkin so you can see where we originally come from.

I guess I can excuse you since you like Disney. :)

Surely a Red Wings game is important enough to be on at least a few tvs at ESPN. It'll be on instead of the World Series in my house ;)

Kristi391,
In my 1st reply I forgot to mention that at the host stand they have a list of all the major sporting events that night. So they will have the Red Wings/Captials game listed on there and you can ask your server to turn it on one of the TV's closest to you. Also since their TV's are numbered just tell your server to turn on the one closest to you with it's number so he or she can change the channel on the right TV.

Finally last December of the three Maple Leafs games I saw, their game against the Oilers was scheduled to be shown on their big screen with the sound. The other games I saw them play against the Flames and Canucks I asked to be turned on a specifc TV where I was sitting.

Thanks CR resort fan. I will definitely check out that board! Very helpful. Ps Leafs are looking pretty good so far early on. I love T.O and would be very happy for the fans there if they could bring a Cup back there.

Michiganmom, Red Wings games are always important (my brother makes fun of me because I watch preseason games). I am a bit upset because I just found out directv is dropping fox sports Detroit so I won't get pre or post game stuff or wingspan:mad:

9 hours until I am on a plane to the world!

Thanks CR resort fan. I will definitely check out that board! Very helpful. Ps Leafs are looking pretty good so far early on. I love T.O and would be very happy for the fans there if they could bring a Cup back there.

Michiganmom, Red Wings games are always important (my brother makes fun of me because I watch preseason games). I am a bit upset because I just found out directv is dropping fox sports Detroit so I won't get pre or post game stuff or wingspan:mad:

9 hours until I am on a plane to the world!
You're welcome and I hope you have a great time.

Also like you I also watch all the Leafs Preseason games, so your not the only one who does that.

.....And when you go in the bathrooms, you will find a roll of hockey tickets in each stall.....

(Ok, Ok, it's a joke......)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter