Escape Wedding Planning

booboolabab

Earning My Ears
I just got engaged and am beginning to plan my dream Disney wedding. Right now, based on guest count, I am thinking the Escape package would be best for my wedding. However, I am a little concerned about the chance of not getting my first pick for dates/times or any additional upgrades to the package.

I definitely want a Magic Kingdom photo session, but reading that they are offered only limited times and are very popular, I am a little concerned that I would not be able to get this done, even though it is a must-have for me. I have in mind what I want to book, but not being able to actually book anything until closer to the wedding date makes me a little nervous.

I would love to hear any experiences or advice to ease my nerves and ensure my wishes come true. Thank you!

So, the booking window for Escape is now 11 months out, which means that Wishes couples only have a 1-month advantage on booking Magic Kingdom bridal portrait sessions. They are not so popular that it'll be other couples competing for the date. Usually if you can't get what you want it's because the park has told DFAP they can't shoot then. But as long as you're not looking to do it October-December you should be OK.

You should also be fine to get the date and time you want for your Escape event, but of course it's good to have a backup time, date and/or location. And upgrades never have an availability issue based on when you book.

Here are all my interviews with Escape couples: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/category/walt-disney-world/escape-collection/

I tried to book our April 30 Escape package today, no dice. They said 10 months on all Escape and Memories packages.

Also, to anyone who is wanting the Yacht Club Gazebo, they told us no dice there too, it's getting overhauled or will be under construction or something, not sure when it starts or ends, but our date was out because of it, so fair warning. We were pretty disappointed.

Awwww... I'm so sorry... did they give you an expected completion? I know Yacht Club is going through renovations at the moment so perhaps the Gazebo will be part of it.

Have you considered Sea Breeze Point? Also, my consultant had mentioned they were opening Luau Beach at Polynesian for Escape options - would you consider this location?

I haven't decided on a date but have emailed our consultant a TON lol! On pricing questions etc. we are thinking fall of next year or spring 2019.

Luau beach was part of the reason we decided on Escape, we don't want a beach wedding! Lol! Sea Breeze Point I said our only option without upgrading to the Premium packages. We can't justify spending an extra $2000 for the Wedding Pavilion or Canada Pavilion.

Awww :-( well Sea Breeze Point is beautiful! You didn't like any of the marina options at Grand Floridian?

I like the escape package because it has a bit of extras and magic that memories doesn't have even if your guest list is under 4.

Awww :-( well Sea Breeze Point is beautiful! You didn't like any of the marina options at Grand Floridian?

I like the escape package because it has a bit of extras and magic that memories doesn't have even if your guest list is under 4.
They said there aren't other options for the Escape package. :(

I tried to book our April 30 Escape package today, no dice. They said 10 months on all Escape and Memories packages.

Also, to anyone who is wanting the Yacht Club Gazebo, they told us no dice there too, it's getting overhauled or will be under construction or something, not sure when it starts or ends, but our date was out because of it, so fair warning. We were pretty disappointed.

Aaah did they tell you any information about the renovations? I have signed my contract for March 2018 at the Gazebo and renovations were not mentioned AT ALL to me by my sales consultant.. this is the 2nd time I've heard about it, and at first I figured it'd be later in 2018 but hearing your choice date is so close to mine- I'm worried now! @lurkyloo do you know any further info about the closure?

Last edited:
Aaah did they tell you any information about the renovations? I have signed my contract for March 2018 at the Gazebo and renovations were not mentioned AT ALL to me by my sales consultant.. this is the 2nd time I've heard about it, and at first I figured it'd be later in 2018 but hearing your choice date is so close to mine- I'm worried now! @lurkyloo do you know any further info about the closure?
I would imagine if they haven't said anything so you're probably good to go. They did offer to let us have our wedding on a Sunday, which she said is usually not allowed for Escape packages , so we may take that option and run.

I would imagine if they haven't said anything so you're probably good to go. They did offer to let us have our wedding on a Sunday, which she said is usually not allowed for Escape packages , so we may take that option and run.
Thanks for the reply! I'm sure you're right, they probably would've mentioned it, I just get worried I'm going to show up and see cranes or scaffolding around the whole area or something! :D

That's great they offered you the Sunday option! At least it's something!

Thanks for the reply! I'm sure you're right, they probably would've mentioned it, I just get worried I'm going to show up and see cranes or scaffolding around the whole area or something! :D

That's great they offered you the Sunday option! At least it's something!
I was really surprised when she put it out there! DF and I had made it really clear we were pretty disappointed about not being able to get married at the gazebo though.

I think they're going to be doing general refurb at the YC at that time (spring) and she said flat out that we wouldn't appreciate the photos if they allowed us to get married there, so I'm sure you're safe. :)

We had no trouble booking the day we wanted for our Escape wedding at the Canada Pavilion, and we actually had our choice of two dates because we ended up changing dates and both days had been available. Back-up plans are good to have, but hopefully you won't need them. We also had no trouble getting a MK portrait session or getting the route we wanted for it, but we just had to move it by one day from when we'd originally hoped for because there were magic hours at MK that morning and they couldn't book it that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter