Escape and DP

BLJ28

Earning My Ears
Hey ladies! I'm very much leaning towards an Escape wedding and adding a dessert party for later that night. The thing I can't figure out is what to do with our families in the time between. What's typically done? I really want to do a DP instead of a catered meal or dinner somewhere but I also feel awkward leaving our guests on their own for the afternoon and dinner as well. It's not in the budget to do both at all. Any ideas or help would be very much appreciated!

We had a big break between the end of our reception and the start of the dessert party. Everyone did whatever they wanted—some played in the parks, some swam at the hotel or napped, some went to Disney Springs. They seemed to enjoy having time to themselves, and I certainly enjoyed the nap! Don't forget, this is a vacation for them, too, so they may not want to have every single minute scheduled.

I would just make it abundantly clear to them that the only food at your Escape ceremony will be cake, and then whether or not there will be real food at the DP. (Like, if you add appetizers or a DIY nacho bar, they may be able to make a meal out of that, so they won't have to buy their own dinner).

I did a 530 ceremony and an 830 DP. Between we shot around the boardwalk and made it very clear to our guests they were on their own. Everyone was basically staying somewhere around the boardwalk so I believe they all took the time to relax in the A/C in their rooms then met up at HS. We did add sliders to our DP to make it more of a meal too.

I did a 530 ceremony and an 830 DP. Between we shot around the boardwalk and made it very clear to our guests they were on their own. Everyone was basically staying somewhere around the boardwalk so I believe they all took the time to relax in the A/C in their rooms then met up at HS. We did add sliders to our DP to make it more of a meal too.
Nope, we all hung out at the bar at the Boardwalk :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter