EpiPens at the Waterparks

Hatwriter456

Mouseketeer
I have an anaphylatic reaction to honey bees and I have to carry EpiPens with me at all times. I am concerned about where to put them when I am at the waterparks. A locker is no good because if someone else needs to get them for me access will be an issue. In the past when I did a mud run I was in contact with the medical staff for the race and they held my EpiPens for me.

Can I check my EpiPens at a first aid station? Is there a first aid area at the waterparks? Is there medical staff at the waterparks?

I have an anaphylatic reaction to honey bees and I have to carry EpiPens with me at all times. I am concerned about where to put them when I am at the waterparks. A locker is no good because if someone else needs to get them for me access will be an issue. In the past when I did a mud run I was in contact with the medical staff for the race and they held my EpiPens for me.

Can I check my EpiPens at a first aid station? Is there a first aid area at the waterparks? Is there medical staff at the waterparks?

When you get to the waterpark, ask at the turn stiles where you can store the pens. The Cast Members there will know the exact answer on that day so no worries at all.

I would keep them near you at all times. Do you really want to wait until someone can retrieve them for you from first aid? Check out the waterpark layouts on google maps. There's quite a distance from one end of the park to first aid. Would you be OK with someone having to run to first aid, explain that the Epipens (in your name) were needed right away, waiting for them to be handed over (if they even would - it's a prescription med) and then have that person have to run back and find you? Or even waiting for medical staff to be called to get you to first aid - just not safe, IMO.

I've never needed first aid at the water parks, but I can't imagine they dnt have them. In the parks, EMH can eb anywhere in a short amount of time.

That said, I agree with those who say carry it with you.

There are bees EVERYWHERE at the water parks so keep it on you at all times. Get a pouch for it.

Even if first aid would keep it for you, I would want it on my person. The waterparks are large and it can be slow for someone to navigate if they had to run and get it for you. And I also wouldn't trust that first aid would even want to/be allowed to give it to someone else.

Last edited:
Even if first aid would keep it for you, I would want it on my person. The waterparks are large and it can be slow for someone to navigate if they had to run and get it for you. And I also wouldn't trust that first aid would even want to/be allowed to give it to someone else.

This. One does not want to wait the minutes it would take for someone to get the epipen and get back to the person who needs it. And the person who needs it should not be running to get it, either.

Spibelt also has a nice waistbelt, that hugs the body, and then you use a Loksak inside it to hold the Epipen and keep it waterproof. The Spibelt will get wet, but the Epipen inside the properly sealed Loksak will stay dry. Because it hugs the body so well, the Spibelt is easy to tuck under shorts or a tshirt.

I have used the Loksak waist belt {Loksak makes their own, but it is does not "hug" in the same way) and once used the Spibelt. I think in the future I will probably use use the Spibelt for water parks.

Large Spibelt + 9x6 Loksak bag holds 2 epipen and an asthma inhaler. The loksak is a bit longer than you need, but you can just fold over the extra length.

SW

Thanks for all of the great recommendations. My first incident was 19 years ago, but I got stung again in April so the experience is still 'fresh' in my mind. I was reminded that every incident is different, but I need to be prepared. I guess I never realized how big the waterparks were and the distance needed to go to get the Epipen if I wasn't carrying it.

I will definitely purchase a waist belt and waterproof bag - there's a lot more Epipen accessories than there were 19 years ago.

For those that have the waist belts - can you ride the slides with it? Can I spin it around to my tummy side and/or hold it? We have a waterpark at home that won't let you wear water shoes or have things in the slides - I've had to hold my shoes and sunglasses.

Also.....watershoes....can you wear them on the slides? I don't go barefoot because I'm afraid of stepping on a bee.

I am pretty sure that the park first aid stations have EpiPens on hand at all times. I remember seeing the logo (paid placement no doubt) on the door to the first aid center at Disneyland. Or course, when seconds count, having them on you will be much faster that having Disney deploy a first aid cast member to your location.

Also.....watershoes....can you wear them on the slides? I don't go barefoot because I'm afraid of stepping on a bee.

You can't wear water shoes on body slides, but you can hold them as you go down. On tube slides you can wear the water shoes and your glasses/sunglasses.

As long as the bag you get does not have exposed metal buckles or zippers it should be okay to go on slides, but you may have to hold it in your hands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter