Epcot WWYD?

yallli

Earning My Ears
We are doing a trip Feb 25-March 1

5 days in the parks. We are splitting EPCOT into two days - Arrival and departure. On arrival day our flight lands in Orlando @ 1:30. We are not checking bags, using Disney transportation, and I have a dinner reservation @ 7:00 @tappan Edo.

On departure day, our flight is at 7:00. So we will need to be back at AOA (cars suites) by 3 (I think).

Unfortunately Touring plans has Epcot at a 9 that day (because Princess Marathon). I hate crowds and picked this week because it was historically low.... and will be the rest of the trip.

Realistically what could I get done the first night? Or should I just plan on eating, fireworks and call it a day?

What should I get done day two?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated! I’d change the dinner reservation too if people thought that was too much or a chance we wouldn’t make it at 7:00.

Its hard to tell if teh park really will be that busy. Crowd calendars are often wrong. However, what it tells you, it that is projected to be a busy day.
Since you will get there late in the afternoon, I would just plan on Future World for the afternoon/Evening. Most of the crowds will probably be in World Showcase.
On departure day, you don't say what time you leave, but you could do WS then if you leave late.

We have traveled during that time quite a lot. Last year we had a friend run the half marathon so we were at Epcot that morning. It was a bit busier then we liked but not too bad. We had fast passes so we got a good amount done. If you are truly heading straight to the parks I would try to schedule the first fastpass at 3:30. That will give you until 4:30 to use it. If you are intersted in doing Spaceship Earth I would pick that as the first since it is right at the entrance. I would fastpass Test Track and keep an eye on Soarin wait times. We were there over crazy Food and Wine Labor Day weekend and we saw Soarin stand by at 30 min. in the afternoon! Then I would fastpass Frozen for your second day at Epcot. If your interested in the Character Spot I would get to the park early and head there. I think with the 2 days planned at Epcot you should be able to get a good amount accomplished. Good luck!

Its hard to tell if teh park really will be that busy. Crowd calendars are often wrong. However, what it tells you, it that is projected to be a busy day.
Since you will get there late in the afternoon, I would just plan on Future World for the afternoon/Evening. Most of the crowds will probably be in World Showcase.
On departure day, you don't say what time you leave, but you could do WS then if you leave late.

I think we have to get the express bus to the airport @3:00. We could Uber back to AOA to save time. Flight is @7:00.

We have traveled during that time quite a lot. Last year we had a friend run the half marathon so we were at Epcot that morning. It was a bit busier then we liked but not too bad. We had fast passes so we got a good amount done. If you are truly heading straight to the parks I would try to schedule the first fastpass at 3:30. That will give you until 4:30 to use it. If you are intersted in doing Spaceship Earth I would pick that as the first since it is right at the entrance. I would fastpass Test Track and keep an eye on Soarin wait times. We were there over crazy Food and Wine Labor Day weekend and we saw Soarin stand by at 30 min. in the afternoon! Then I would fastpass Frozen for your second day at Epcot. If your interested in the Character Spot I would get to the park early and head there. I think with the 2 days planned at Epcot you should be able to get a good amount accomplished. Good luck!

Hmmm.... then I might want to rethink our ADR. Now the question is.... should I QS on our arrival day? And make a new one for departure day? I’d do Sunshine Seasons for Epcot QS either way. Maybe we should do Coral Reef for our arrival day (I know some don’t like it - but we have only had positive experiences).

If it were me, I’d focus on WS on your arrival day and do FW on departure day. WS doesn’t open til 11:00 so you wouldn’t have much time there on departure day.Restaurants are one of the main draws at WS, so go for it and keep your ressie if you want. If touring WS is more important to you, you won’t want to “waste tome” eating, than skip it and go QS, there’s plenty of great options. I don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t make your reservation for Japan. Epcot is my favorite park and we spend multiple days there each trip. You’ll have a great time no matter how you do it.

If it were me, I’d focus on WS on your arrival day and do FW on departure day. WS doesn’t open til 11:00 so you wouldn’t have much time there on departure day.Restaurants are one of the main draws at WS, so go for it and keep your ressie if you want. If touring WS is more important to you, you won’t want to “waste tome” eating, than skip it and go QS, there’s plenty of great options. I don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t make your reservation for Japan. Epcot is my favorite park and we spend multiple days there each trip. You’ll have a great time no matter how you do it.

THIS!! Exactly this!

This was definitely my original thought. My boys 1st trip 3 years ago we only did one afternoon at Epcot that trip and I regretted it. If I stick to my original plan and only do WS the first night - we will probably do a Phineas and Ferb hunt, hopefully we will have 4+ hours to squeeze it I. .... and maybe I can get a Frozen FP (fingers crossed).

I’m still on the fence about the ADR. We have 1 TC to use in Epcot..... or I can double up on my MK day.

So maybe instead of TE I give us a nice lunch on departure day at Coral Reef? And just do a QS when we are trying to get all of FW in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter