Epcot Segway Tour cancelled - all of them

Not true that the Segways can't go backwards, they can.
I loved our Epcot tour and I hope they return

Thank you for correcting this mis-information! My concern with booking one of these tours is that the Segways were very limited in what they could do.

AllEars is reporting that the Epcot Segway tours are being cancelled but not until Sept. Then, a new one is starting up that includes breakfast. The site said that anyone that had booked one from Sept on would be rebooked in a new tour. Cost is the same....$99. Wonder why they are cancelling tours now??

Lithium ion batteries, maybe?

The other Lithium battery issue was getting them certified for flight use. If there was an over all issue with lithium batteries it would also effect laptops, cell phones and a whole lot of other devices. Oh and a huge story about Segways being recalled.

goofy4tink said:
AllEars is reporting that the Epcot Segway tours are being cancelled but not until Sept. Then, a new one is starting up that includes breakfast. The site said that anyone that had booked one from Sept on would be rebooked in a new tour. Cost is the same....$99. Wonder why they are cancelling tours now??

Sounds like you found the change of last year? The one we had booked for today was to include breakfast.

WishesLuv said:
We just got back and saw a Segway tour running normally on 2/12.

The first post (anywhere on the Internet as far as I can tell) about them being cancelled was this one on 2/14.

Haha, sorry! I saw someone else link it in another thread about this (that was also old) and just skimmed the article and didn't notice the date. Was hoping we had an answer. Boo. :P

Hopefully said:
Not true that the Segways can't go backwards, they can.
I loved our Epcot tour and I hope they return

I think that there might be a setting to lock out reverse.

I took the Segway Tour last April, they did go in reverse. You pressed the front of the platform for forward, the back for reverse.

I have a Segway tour scheduled in Epcot for 2/28 for a party of 5 and have not heard anything about a cancellation. After reading this thread, I called WDW-TOUR to verify. The CM I spoke to knew nothing about the cancellations, nor did the CM she spoke to a Guest Services. She did say that "Live With Kelly & Michael" was filming at Disney next week 2/18-2/22, so maybe that's why tours were being cancelled?

For those that received phone calls, what was the date of the tour that was cancelled?

The other Lithium battery issue was getting them certified for flight use. If there was an over all issue with lithium batteries it would also effect laptops, cell phones and a whole lot of other devices.

I would think Segway's would be on the list for evaluation. I don't have one, but I can reasonably anticipate that as the batteries age, they would be more prone to the deep-cycle recharge malfunction...

Their use as a motor power source is quite different than most laptops, cell phones and other consumer electronics.

Wish I would have seen this thread before I wasted 30 minutes on hold trying to book a tour. That really stinks. I was so excited. I was told plain and simple "they don't have that tour anymore". The only Segway tour is the fort wilderness one which I wasn't really interested in. All I could say was "wow.......ok".

Maybe one day they'll bring it back. Until then I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter