Epcot Segway Tour cancelled - all of them

Well, we just rebooked on the Fort Wilderness All-Terrain Segway Tour, which they were still able to book. As for the Epcot tour, they're on the back-side of refunding all the paid reservations and there are no bookings allowed until further notice. Can't say it's a permanent thing, but definitely a downer for now.

On the bright side, with the Fort Wilderness tour, our one-day visit might no longer require the park hopper option! We will see if we only need MK now (wife has to chime in on this decision).

Hey all, I'm "the wife" and seeing as it's my birthday trip I was super bummed about the segway tour getting the ax.. :confused3 We will however be going to both parks.. LOL he's not getting off that easy!:cool1:

Huh, interesting. The tours always looked like a lot of fun. Hopefully they come back!

I don't believe so. Prior to the bakery openeing, the International Gateway still admitted guests. The segway tour dealt with that by mostly sticking to the other side of WS. When the tour crossed the areas that were open to guests, CMs would control traffic so that the tour didn't get closs to pedestrian traffic.

We were just there in Dec. at Epcot when a tour came through the area in front of the land and there was *no one* to stop the pedestrian traffic. The lead sort of opened the way, and we all sort of just stopped until they had all passed through. There was about 8-10 of them. :confused3 Seemed sort of dangerous to us :eek:

I was at Epcot in the afternoon just three days ago and saw the same thing. In fact the CM member made a joke about getting in the way of people getting passes for Soarin'.

(Of course the jokes on him! Fast passes were long gone by that point.) :)

We were just there in Dec. at Epcot when a tour came through the area in front of the land and there was *no one* to stop the pedestrian traffic. The lead sort of opened the way, and we all sort of just stopped until they had all passed through. There was about 8-10 of them. :confused3 Seemed sort of dangerous to us :eek:

2 friends & myself took the tour last April. Our time was 8:00 and after our training, FW was still pretty empty at 9:00 and WS was closed. But as we approached the return in FW around 10:00, it was crowded and it was a little scary, people walked right in front of us.

It will be interesting to find out the reason for the abrupt cancellations. I suspect liability or some kind of defect in the Segways.

DebbieB said:
2 friends & myself took the tour last April. Our time was 8:00 and after our training, FW was still pretty empty at 9:00 and WS was closed. But as we approached the return in FW around 10:00, it was crowded and it was a little scary, people walked right in front of us.

It will be interesting to find out the reason for the abrupt cancellations. I suspect liability or some kind of defect in the Segways.

I wonder if those Segways are even owned by Disney and the tours were ended due to some sort of contract renegotiation. Also, I wonder if it has anything to do with the lawsuit to allow guests to drive personal Segways in the parks.

Sammi the Chihuahua said:
Does anyone have any updates on the cancelled Segway tour? We were planning on doing this on our next vacation.

No official word yet, but the info page on their website is now a 404 error so it's not looking good.

Bummer, I plan, God laughs.

I am trying to plan different things to do and we were booked for April. I have not received any notice.

I'll be watching this thread closely. My husband and I took the Epcot Segway tour two years ago on our Disneymoon and loved it!! We were planning to do it again when we head back to the World in October.

I still have not received a call canceling our May Segway tour in Epcot....hope that's a good sign :)

We took a tour in Downtown Cincinnati for a couple of hours. It was AWESOME. If you are near any major city, look for a tour company that offers this. Often half off deals are out there on Groupon type sites.

When I looked into the EP tour, I was a little shocked that the Segways coudln't go backwards (is this true?). That seemed very limiting in the ability to get around. After 5 minutes, you can stop and go on a dime. Trust me, scarier for those walking than riding (can stop/start VERY easily). We were zooming all around downtown Cincinnati, and then the riverfront area. Lots of pedestrians/alleys/etc. and not a big deal. It is amazing how much ground you can cover in a short period of time.

Ltl Mermaid said:
I still have not received a call canceling our May Segway tour in Epcot....hope that's a good sign :)

Total speculation here, but I wonder if something happened and they're canceling in chunks as time goes on, hoping whatever it is gets cleared up quickly, and not taking in new reservations in case they can't fulfill them. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's what's going on, actually.

letsgoreds said:
We took a tour in Downtown Cincinnati for a couple of hours. It was AWESOME. If you are near any major city, look for a tour company that offers this. Often half off deals are out there on Groupon type sites.

When I looked into the EP tour, I was a little shocked that the Segways coudln't go backwards (is this true?). That seemed very limiting in the ability to get around. After 5 minutes, you can stop and go on a dime. Trust me, scarier for those walking than riding (can stop/start VERY easily). We were zooming all around downtown Cincinnati, and then the riverfront area. Lots of pedestrians/alleys/etc. and not a big deal. It is amazing how much ground you can cover in a short period of time.

As a fellow cucinnatian i agree the tour was pretty good and grouponing it is the best. Go red! :)

Not true that the Segways can't go backwards, they can.
I loved our Epcot tour and I hope they return

UGH! We have been waiting until DS15 turns 16 so we could all do it together & were planning on it for our next family trip in May. :worried: :sad2:

Fingers crossed it will be back up by then.

I don't believe so. Prior to the bakery openeing, the International Gateway still admitted guests. The segway tour dealt with that by mostly sticking to the other side of WS. When the tour crossed the areas that were open to guests, CMs would control traffic so that the tour didn't get closs to pedestrian traffic.

Yes, I know that there were some people in WS before. I have actually done the tour before. But the number of pedestrians was somewhat limited. I have a feeling that those visiting WS before 11 has greatly increased now that the Bakery is open to the public. And while there is some time spent in FW, I don't remember it being a lot of time. Just travelling through to get to WS. And we had no one control traffic when I did the tour but it was a few years ago so this might be a new protocol.

We love the Segway tours. We've done the original Epcot one twice, the Nature Inspired Design one at Epcot (now discontinued) and the Fort Wilderness one. We are taking our now adult son in a few weeks and have the Fort Wilderness one booked. Glad we picked that one now that the Epcot one is cancelled. We both thought the segways on the Ft Wilderness tour were easier to ride and enjoyed riding in the "wilderness" as opposed to all the concrete of Epcot. We always do the earliest tour as there are fewer pedestrians to avoid. Maybe we can get some "insider" info on why they cancelled the Epcot one.

Just finished our Segway tour at Fort wilderness. It was AWESOME! My wife smoked me on the trail, dipping and swaying, ducking the vines. Great fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter