Epcot Just for Dinner

momsully

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We have a large family reunion coming up and one of the attendees is 32 weeks pregnant and not planning on buying park tickets. Can she come into Epcot just for dinner or does she need a ticket? Thanks!

She'll need a ticket to get into Epcot. There's so much to see there without getting on any rides, I think it would be the ideal park for a very pregnant lady!

Originally posted by momsully
We have a large family reunion coming up and one of the attendees is 32 weeks pregnant and not planning on buying park tickets. Can she come into Epcot just for dinner or does she need a ticket? Thanks!

She'll need park admission. One of the first things that they will tell you when you make PS is that park admission is required to dine at the restaurant if it's inside one of the parks.

Is the woman mad? She would love Epcot - she can put her feet up in any country and tie into some fab desserts! Then WALK!!! Good for the baby and her and what better scenery?

Originally posted by momsully

where is she from? I can't believe her DR. says that is ok for her to travel ! that said she could just buy a one day ticket. and take it easy browsing the shops and movies...but I know my daughter can't go anywhere farther than 1 hr away after 7 months so it just boggles my mind she is going period!

I went to Disney at 8 months pregnant and had a note from my dr. to fly. There isn't any big problem if it is a normal non high-risk pregnancy. Of course, I didn't get to ride any "good " rides!:)

I'm sorry for going off topic, but...

It sounds like the Mom-to-be is planning on missing ALL the parks? That doesn't have to be! If her doctor has told her to avoid much walking - or if she has decided herself it is too uncomfortable - there is a simple solution.

Rent a "scooter"! (Actually, they have a different official name, but i don't know what that is.) If you aren't familiar with them, they look like chairs mounted on wheeled platforms, with handlebars. They run on rechargable batteries.

We rented one for my mother a few years ago, and it was wonderful! The medical supply company had it waiting at our resort when we arrived, and we took it on all Disney transportation. I think the cost for 5 days was around $120. It was the best thing we had ever done, as my mom could never have gotten around the parks if she had to walk.

Also, just becasue she is pregnant doesn't mean that there is nothing for her to do in the parks. When I first visited WDW I was 6 months pregnant, and I never ran out of attractions to visit. Besides all of the shows, lots of attractions are very tame and safe for pregnant women. I'm sure if you visit the DIS family board you will get lots of advice.

Hope this helped! Nicole

I'm an OB nurse (have been for 15 years). I never tell a patient not to walk unless she has had problems with preterm labor (in which case...she probably should stay closer to home). Walking is good for mom and baby. My line on that is that a 'mom' should try to go into labor in the best shape she can. Labor is hard work ;) and then you might have less of the ol' 'after baby weight' to deal with! Rest as needed. Lots of fluids (trying to avoid caffeine) of course.

All that said...I think a mom-to-be would have a fabulous time in the World...especially Epcot! If she is afraid she will tire...she might check into a 'partial day' pass. I know when we stayed at the Dolphin last year we got passes for I believe it was 'after 3pm' for something like $30. Sorry I can't remember the specifics. Someone else might.

FYI: The airlines won't let you fly after 36 weeks (flight attendents are not trained in childbirth ;) ) I always tell my ladies if they are 'visibly' pregnant to carry a note to avoid any problems or embarrassing moments. Hard to judge by size :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter