Epcot is a giant mess!

I second this. We tried to use Uber in May, and it was a nightmare, the driver couldn't find us, and the CMs kept sending us to the wrong area for pickup. It's most likely only gotten worse since then.
We didn't have any issues using Uber to Epcot in June. The drop off/pick up is in the same spot it's been for months, if not over a year. Walking in/out is different but the location is unchanged. Or at least was as of our return home on June 3

I second this. We tried to use Uber in May, and it was a nightmare, the driver couldn't find us, and the CMs kept sending us to the wrong area for pickup. It's most likely only gotten worse since then.
FWIW, I'd suggest using Lyft as opposed to Uber. Disney has a partnership with Lyft (they operate the Minnie Vans) so regular Lyfts seem to be more plentiful, knowledgeable and better organized around property than Uber. Supposedly, bc of the Minnie Van connection, Lyft has the most updated/best maps around property, and those maps are used by regular drivers as well as the Minnie Van drivers. Maybe there's nothing to any of that, who knows, but my experiences with Lyft on property have been fantastic.

FWIW, I'd suggest using Lyft as opposed to Uber. Disney has a partnership with Lyft (they operate the Minnie Vans) so regular Lyfts seem to be more plentiful, knowledgeable and better organized around property than Uber. Supposedly, bc of the Minnie Van connection, Lyft has the most updated/best maps around property, and those maps are used by regular drivers as well as the Minnie Van drivers. Maybe there's nothing to any of that, who knows, but my experiences with Lyft on property have been fantastic.
Funny, we use both depending on if I order it if dh does. DH only has the Lyft app, I have both but use Uber.
There is really no difference and most driver's drive for both as it is.
It's not like Lyft has their own map or anything. Driver's pretty much use Waze that I've witnessed. Or if not that their favorite traffic app
What the partnership does is fix the error you get when you try to pin a pick up at MK, hopefully. It's too new to know yet. It was still wrong a couple weeks ago

GREAT improvements coming...no way around the construction.

Yes, but holy cow! In addition to what is happening now closing (temporarily moving) Mousegear and Starbucks. And the Electric Umbrella. Doing away with the fountain. And I'm not sure what is with the walkway near Honey I Shrunk. It is a bit much all at once.

I was there last Sunday night and I didn't give it a second thought. Guess I'm use to it.
I lucked out because after the end of this month I probably will not return to WDW for about a year.

GREAT improvements coming...no way around the construction.

Yes it will be great...in 2022.

We had a wonderful morning there yesterday and said our goodbyes to Future World as we know it. I am looking forward to the new Epcot, but will skip it until then.

Yes, but holy cow! In addition to what is happening now closing (temporarily moving) Mousegear and Starbucks. And the Electric Umbrella. Doing away with the fountain. And I'm not sure what is with the walkway near Honey I Shrunk. It is a bit much all at once.
The walkway is getting ready for food and wine

This isn’t about the entrance but a question about the character meet and great. We are going in November. Will it be moved by then? And will Baymax be there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter