EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

Oh that's cute! Thanks for explaining :) I've promised myself no more ticketed events this trip, so we won't be doing any of the F&W events, but looking forward to sampling the booths again, yum!

Me and DH can not wait! Anxiously awaiting release of menus to figure out what we want to try, we went last year for Flower and Garden and have never been during F&W!

Anxiously awaiting all news!

Heading there Oct 17-25.

Jill in CO

"FRUNCH" is just the abbreviation that became popular for those of us who have attended the "French Regional Lunch" event in the past. This year, the name is changing a bit, but the Family Meal Traditions are not meant for kids. It's confusing because it sounds like it should be. These events are restricted to guests 21 and over because this is a wine pairing meal.

See, this was what I was trying to figure out when I posted my concern about the death of FRUNCH and this new French Family Meal Traditions. The sources (linked in above posts) all say it's a premium event, but there is not information other than the name and the word "premium." I'm hoping it's as you describe--a long lunch with wine pairings and discussions, but after much searching I am unable to find anything that indicates this is true. I assume the Premium Event title indicates it's longer, more expensive, and involves either more plates or more presentation by chefs/wine makers but I'd really like to know more if you know more!!

Does anyone have any experience with the F&W Ultimate VIP tour? I saw it was new last year and I cannot find any reviews online from anyone who's done the tour. It sounds awesome but I want to know it's awesome before splurging on something that expensive! It's our first time trying F&W and I wanted to surprise DH with the tour but wish I could find some firsthand experiences.

Heading there Oct 17-25.

That's the same week I'm going. I have a question about some plates I've heard about. They're clear plastic, with a spot to place your plastic glass, so you can hold what you're carrying in one hand. I think they're around $6. Any reviews? I'll be solo and these sound handy.

This will be my 12th year attending and as per usual I'm on pins and needles awaiting the menus, and once those arrive I'll be trying to plan my day off from work so that I can get my reservations in, and then it's the anticipation of CM preview night, and then it's the festival. Whew! I'm kinda glad that after SWW and F&W I have until the holiday to get to another event

That's the same week I'm going. I have a question about some plates I've heard about. They're clear plastic, with a spot to place your plastic glass, so you can hold what you're carrying in one hand. I think they're around $6. Any reviews? I'll be solo and these sound handy.

Those are also my dates. I bought the plastic plate last year and found it helpful. It works really well if what you are tasting does not require the use of a knife. If you need to cut something, as in sharing, which is what my S-I-L and I do, then you need a solid surface. The plate is sturdy enough for standing and eating, but not sturdy enough to stand and try to cut something.

I cant wait! I went to one a long time ago. I wasn't of age and couldnt drink but remember it being fun. Im going Sept 26th for 12 days so I will be at epcot as much as I can!

I am taking my first trip to WDW (I'm a DL gal!) in October. Just a quick adults-only trip with me and DH to get our feet wet before taking the kids another time.
Anyway, I have one day allotted to F&W. Trying to learn all about it before we go - I hate being unprepared!! :)

We will be there opening weekend. This is only our second time at WDW and I have no idea what to expect!

How does it work if you're a Chase Disney cardholder. Will they contact you with info on special events or do I have to go looking for it? When I booked I asked the CM if there were any perks available with the card that week and she said no.

Chase will probably not contact you about anything, although it's possible you could get an e-mail about the prebooking. Or you might not.

The only things different for Chase cardholders are the Chase Lounge and the prebooking events the day before the general public (which, as we noted previously, is only for limited spots at each event - they don't open the entire event inventory for the Chase prebooking). There are no discounts or other perks related to the festival.

We're going to be at Disney the day before Food and Wine starts and I've been reading that there is often a preview that day. Do they announce the preview? Or should we just show up for lunch at Epcot and keep our fingers crossed?

It's billed as a "cast preview" but you don't have to be cast to purchase items from the kiosks. So no, they don't announce it to the public. I believe you have to be cast to enter the Festival Center that day. But they've always done it, no reason I know of why they wouldn't do it this year.

We're going to be at Disney the day before Food and Wine starts and I've been reading that there is often a preview that day. Do they announce the preview? Or should we just show up for lunch at Epcot and keep our fingers crossed?

Just be aware that not all booths may be open all the time. We were there the day before the official start and that was the case. On the plus side, when booths were open, there was virtually no line.

Thank you both. I booked our trip with no expectation that we would see any part of food and wine, so whatever we get to experience would be a bonus.

You can pick up a free "passport" at a few locations in Epcot. The festival center is one - last year it was in the old Wonders of Life pavilion. There are other places where they're distributed, but I don't recall exactly where.

The passport has a page for each booth. When you visit the booth they have a stamp and you can get that page in your passport stamped. It was a little confusing for me as some booths had the stamps at the cash registers, and others had them where you pick up your food.

I think there was also space on the pages where you could write notes - maybe what you tried, what you liked, etc.

It's just a fun little thing to do.
FUN, CAN'T WAIT!:cheer2: LOOKING FORWARD to when the menus are release!:drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter