EPCOT Crowds on last night of Illuminations?

Kbosch

Mouseketeer
While I'm sad to see Illuminations go, I'm also trying to avoid the crazy crowds of it's last night on 9/30. Our plan had been to do Epcot that morning and then head to HS after lunch.

Just wondering if most people will be getting there late, or getting there early but camping out around the countries to save their spot so maybe ride lines wouldn't be too bad? Any thoughts?

I am wondering this as well. I have an ADR at Garden Grill at 5:30 and plan to leave right after. It is our last night and I was hoping to be in Epcot that night but don’t want to deal with those crowds. Guess we will hop to MK and see HEA.

I would expect people to get there earlier than usual as I would expect a larger than normal crowd for the last show.

We are doing Epcot that day as well. We have hoppers, so we’ll be going to MK for the late afternoon and evening.

We’re ropedropping Epcot on 9/30 and heading the heck out of there after lunch. I don’t expect most people to do rope drop to close, but lots of people coming around 11 when World Showcase opens then staying through Illuminations. We’re seeing the 9/29 showing.

A group of friends and I will be there at 11am and scout out our spot. As soon as we see people grabbing spots we'll do the same. We are prepared to wait hours but we have a large group to take turns going to the bathroom. Grabbing some food. We don't plan on doing any attractions

I'm flying in for two nights specifically to see the last show of Illuminations and the first Epcot Forever. Our flight arrives at 9:45, so I hope to be at Epcot around noon or a little after. I know what spot I want and will probably stick pretty close to that area to be sure I get it.

We planned a short trip just to see the last show, but have booked a reserved viewing area with a private party. Had we not gotten that, we would've been there at opening grabbing a spot and camping out. I suspect we aren't the only ones who have that plan and I expect it to be crazy crowded. Since we have a spot reserved, we'll be there open to close, doing rides and attractions along with some party specific activities. If I weren't interested in the show, Epcot would be the last place I'd be that day. I think it will have a major impact on wait times for everything- even early in the day.

I'm in two minds about doing it, I'm also wondering what the crowds will be like for the first night of the new show.

I was already booked in for a trip 9/27-10/1 (so I will miss the first night of the new show) and since I am solo, I was stressing about getting a spot and then having to hold it most of the day. Really not into dehydrating myself like that. Fortunately the travel agency I use paired with Attractions magazine for a party for the final Illuminations and I snagged a ticket, so I don’t have to stress any longer!

I think there will be pretty decent crowds on the last night, one reason I am glad we will not be there. 😉 We will check it out on our trip next month, but really only because we haven’t made it a priority must-see for a few years.

Are they offering fastpasses for the final nights of illuminations or first few of Epcot forever? My 60 days out was yesterday and nothing was available. Wasn’t sure if that was because it’s already booked out or if they aren’t using the fastpass area those nights.

Are they offering fastpasses for the final nights of illuminations or first few of Epcot forever? My 60 days out was yesterday and nothing was available. Wasn’t sure if that was because it’s already booked out or if they aren’t using the fastpass area those nights.
FP for the final show was booked at 90 days from CL guests. We are doing a private party or I’d never even try to see it.

Our full Epcot day is 9/25. I’m hoping Illuminations isn’t too crowded that night, since MK doesn’t have a party that night and HEA will be showing. We are at Epcot on 9/30 as well, but we’ll hop over to MK early afternoon. Hoping the reverse happens that day and that MK experiences lower crowds because of Illuminations’ last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter