Entry for WDW 10k or 5k?

OlieRow

Mouseketeer
I know it's unlikely, but is there any way to get a bib for the WDW 10k or 5k next month? Santa's bringing my family a Disney trip and I figured if I'm there and could somehow find a bib, I might as well run. Anything for a medal...

Not unless you buy one on the black market. The races are sold out, and I imagine the travel providers are out of them as well.

Acclaim Travel is showing 6 x 5k bibs in stock. No 10k though. They are great to work with!

Thanks! It looks like a couple charities and travel providers have the 10k. If the travel agents still have the bibs, can they sell them without the package as the race gets closer? Sounds like they have to be sold as a package and the rest of the family already has tickets. If I did a new room just for myself for 2 nights and got reimbursed for my AP afterwards, it seems kind of wasteful. It's probably cheaper to do a charity bib and tax deduct the donation.

Thanks! It looks like a couple charities and travel providers have the 10k. If the travel agents still have the bibs, can they sell them without the package as the race gets closer? Sounds like they have to be sold as a package and the rest of the family already has tickets. If I did a new room just for myself for 2 nights and got reimbursed for my AP afterwards, it seems kind of wasteful. It's probably cheaper to do a charity bib and tax deduct the donation.
I believe they have to sell it as part of a package per their contract with Disney.

Perhaps someone with a RawThreads club membership could let you know if they still have entries (they sometimes do) so if they did you could join the club and get one there.

They have to be sold as a package at WDW. However I've seen posts on Facebook where TAs are "willing to work with APs" so I'm not sure what that means - they're getting desperate enough to unload the bibs that they somehow forego the ticket requirement (i.e. the TA eats the ticket cost)??

It couldn't hurt to ask at this point, but be prepared for the package to be a requirement.

Check with charities - I saw one yesterday (can't remember which) that had extra bibs and was waiving the fundraising minimum.

So, I stumbled upon the Raw Threads Club race registration page and it looks like they still have 10k bibs (if someone has a membership it would be great if they could confirm I found the right page) it appears they have 10k bibs but given the price they charge to join the club it might be better to find that charity @Keels mentioned

I couldn't find the charity waiving the fundraising fee so I went ahead and went thru Raw Threads. And then decided to register for the 5k and 10k... Between that and the Disneyland Double Dare, runDisney has taken all my money this week! Looking to go Coast to Coast with DL and W&D this year so even though it's a shorter distance, this will get me used to back to back runDisney days.

That's what I told the OP. Looks like they don't want to deal with the requirement to purchase a package along with the bibs...
damn it...it was supposed to say "BIBS" not "BIBES"...sorry, I corrected it from the original autocorrect of "BABES" but forgot to take off the 'E' ... hehehe.

I know, the package requirements suck, but without talking to the Travel Agent you won't know if they are still required. I know that Magical Miles travel will work with you, for example, and Acclaim usually does too. I say calling can't hurt.

I contacted all the travel agents listed on the runDisney site and all of the ones who responded said there was no way around the packages. I already had a room only reservation at Saratoga Springs booked with a pretty deep AP discount that I didn't want to lose. They all said they can reimburse for unused park tickets if you have an AP, which I do, but the other 7 in our party already have their tickets. Even if I could get reimbursed for theirs, I didn't want to be floating the ticket part of the package for 8 people on the credit card for the next month.

I've seen one offer from a TA to waive the ticket requirement for APs - only if every person in the room is an AP. The room requirement seems pretty non-negotiable from what I have seen. :confused3 Guessing TAs will be stuck with a decent amount of extra bibs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter