Entertainment Club

RocknCoaster

Earning My Ears
I am a member of the Disney Club and it says that it's also part of the Entertainment Club.

My question is this, Is that entertainment club the same as the Entertainment Rate that you can get on the hotels?

I booked a room at the Royal Pacific for $99 and now I am worried that it isn't the same thing.

Will someone that is in the Disney Club or that knows for sure please let me know so that I don't get to check in and they look at me like I am crazy for trying to use my Disney Club Card.

Thanks!

As far as I know and unless something has changed, you cannot use the Disney Club (entertainment card symbol on the back) card for the Entertainment Club discount. You must buy the Entertainment Book.

This is what we had to do this past December.

I'm pretty sure if you go to the Disney Club website and go to the Entertainment info section and plug in the Orlando area, you won't get any hotels participating.

Thanks for your response.

I just got off the phone with Entertainment club and they knew right away what I was talking about and said that I am eligible for the discount.

The lady told me that all I have to do is show them the little crown logo on the back of my card and that should suffice and if I should have any problems they will just call the entertainment people and find out that I am supposed to get the discount.

Had you tried to get the discount before and were turned away?

Unfortunately beattyfam is correct. I had the same question a few weeks ago & thanks to this board I got the answer. I read in some past posts that different peple get told different things when they call Universal but the bottom line was that to get the Entertainment rate at the Universal hotel you need the actual Entertainment card & can't use the Disney card. I believe there is an old post that someone wrote an e-mail to entaintment.com & got the response that you could use the Disney card at ANY other hotels but not in Orlando or Anaheim & who wants to risk that when you check in. The Entertainment card offers tons of good discounts such as restaurants, shopping , movies etc. Check out their website www.entertainment.com . :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I called the resort & they said yes (HRH). I called the Entertainment Club & they said NO. I called the Disney Club & they said NO. Disney does black out the use of that card in Orlando and Aniheim. I was told I had to have the actual Entertainment Card.

Man have I gotten the run around but I finally got it taken care of.

I called Entertainment Club which told me Yes.
I called the Disney Club which told me Yes.
Then I called CRO for Universal hotels and they had no idea and told me as far as they know NO it wasn't good at there hotels.

So then I called the Front desk at Hard Rock Hotel and talked to the Supervisor there and he told me YES it was the same, that he sees them all the time and there is no problem.

So I called CRO back and told them what he said. I gave them his name and where I called. So she said that I would be getting the discount for sure and she made a note of it in my reservations about the Disney Club Card and all. She said she typed it all into the computer and when I check in there should be no problems.

It is so much work to have a good time! Whew!

So I don't have to go to the expense of buying the Entertainment Book since I already have the Disney Club card with the logo on it and can use that at the HRH or the other Universal Hotels at check-in?

Wow that is sooooooo cool, and will save me a ton of money!!!! :D

I have read posts from people who got to the hotel, showed the Disney Card and were told that it was not accepted for the Entertainment Discount at the HRH. It only costs about $25 to get the actual Entertainmnet Book and that way you have NO doubts and can use the discounts in the book at your lcoal restaurants.

ditto what gschmerl said, i was told i could not use my disney club card.

Entertainment books are discounted to $5, there are some posts on the budget board. They had free shipping for a little while. I was lucky enough to get one for orlando for $5 with no shipping. I was going to borrow in-laws card but now I don't have to and I'll have some other coupons to use :D

The Orlando book is sold out but any town would get the hotel discounts.

Rockncoaster:
When are you going? Please report back and tell us what happened. Most of us would like to be able to use the Disney Card at HRH for entertainment rates but are afraid they will not accept it. Maybe they have changed the policy because it has caused much confusion at check in. Hmm.

Carol

I would also like to know for sure. I allowed my Disney Club mem. to expire because I have Annual Passes. I did order the Enter. Book, but was unable to get the discount for HRH in Oct. I know, I should have called HRH first. :( I would have preferred to spend that money on the DC card, then at least I would have gotten the magazine and the Disney Store discount. Now I'm basically getting nothing for my money. Now I've resorted to looking through my book just to find ways to at least recoup the money I paid for the book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter