• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Entertainment card nightmare - EDIT - got my card! :)

Eeee-va

Happiest robot on Earth
I got the discount Entertainment rates for the Hojo (leaving Friday) and so I ordered a book on 6/9, with rush shipping (3-5 business days), thinking that I'd actually get my card in time.

The Entertainment site charged me for 2 books but the receipt still said rush shipping. But now it turns out they're actually sending the books standard shipping, not rush.

I phoned them this morning and the customer service representative said he could do nothing aside from waiving the service fee to return the books that will be nearly worthless to me by the time I arrive. I asked for a manager and the manager said something along the lines that it wasn't their fault that the computers do what they do and that there was nothing they could do. I ended up ordering a new book with overnight shipping that they say will come Thursday (or possibly Friday, which could put us starting 3-4 hours late on our vacation :( ). This took over 30 minutes to accomplish, as well as me going all street rat crazy on them, as being positive/kind didn't accomplish anything.

(The website also gave me 2 books instead of 1 but they earlier had "helpfully" said that they would refund the price of one book, minus an $8 restocking fee, if I sent it back via the return label. So I could get $2 back on my credit card, ha!)

Cross your fingers that I get my card in time? :( The Hojo rates are sweet but next time I'm either buying a card off eBay or just staying at another hotel. I'm never directly giving that awful company any money again. :(

What??? How lame!!!! I ordered one once and I needed it ASAP, I asked for 3 day shipping and then called to confirm. They lady on the phone said she's walk it thru personally so I would get it in time. I did too......wow, I can't believe they said all that to you!! I hope you get your card in time, overnight shipping should get it to you tomorrow NOT Thursday or even Friday!!!! LAME! If you don't get it tomorrow call them again.....

BTW, did you get your local book or the Anaheim book? If it's local put it on Craig's List, if it's Anaheim maybe I'll buy one from you. :)

Thanks for listening to me vent. :) I probably should have phoned them after I ordered, but their hours are inconvenient for us West-coasters who don't like getting up early and who have office jobs. :sick:

Do you think HoJo will at least give me my old rates back if I can't take the Entertainment rate? I booked back in March or so, so the rates I had booked are significantly less expensive than the rates that are up this close to my travel date.

It's a local book, though when I phoned and their only half-hearted solution was to ship a new book at my expense, I told them I didn't really care which book they shipped at this point. :headache: My mom will actually use the coupons in the book, though, and I SHOULD be able to return the books that arrive after my vacation is over. Will also be sending them a complaint letter.

(Their definition of "overnight" shipping is 1-2 business days. Per the website, any order placed before 11 AM EST ships the same day, but even though I called in before 10 AM EST and ordered the book around 10:30 EST, they were telling me it might not even ship until tomorrow. I called them again and there's no tracking number yet, and they don't know if it's shipped--the representative told me it should have shipped today based on my order time, but at this point I don't trust anything they say. :scared: )

Oh man..... I would think that the HoJo would work with you given the situation. If I was closer I'd give you mine to use but it's a bit late for that......

I imagine it's too late now but it may be helpful to others to know that you can actually have the book shipped to HOJO's and it will be waiting for you when you arrive.

We had something similar happen to us last year, I can't remember all the details but the book didn't get sent in time even though we requested rush and then because we lived overseas they wouldn't get the book to us in time so we had the book sent to HOJO's instead. We called the hotel ahead and told them, and they put it with our reservation and it was there when we arrived. No problems.

I hope everything works out for you, and I'm sure it will.

Shipping to HoJo's? That would have been a great idea!

But the book actually DID come today! :banana: I'm still not satisfied with their customer service at all and am really not sure why they gave me the runaround saying there was no way they could guarantee a delivery by Thursday, when they were able to get it to me by Wednesday with no issues. :P But IF they actually give me a full refund on my unwanted books (with shipping), then I'll "only" be out $5 from what I should have had to pay in the first place. If they don't refund shipping too, then I reckon I'll be calling again. :flower3:

Thanks for your support, everyone! :lovestruc

Shipping to HoJo's? That would have been a great idea!

But the book actually DID come today! :banana: I'm still not satisfied with their customer service at all and am really not sure why they gave me the runaround saying there was no way they could guarantee a delivery by Thursday, when they were able to get it to me by Wednesday with no issues. :P But IF they actually give me a full refund on my unwanted books (with shipping), then I'll "only" be out $5 from what I should have had to pay in the first place. If they don't refund shipping too, then I reckon I'll be calling again. :flower3:

Thanks for your support, everyone! :lovestruc

YAY!!! I'm so glad you got it!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter