Enjoying HEA away from Main Street?

csarenz

Dad to 3 Disney Princesses
Hi everyone. Posting this on the DisABILITIES forum, as some of the folks here might have similar experiences.

Our DD (12) has high functioning autism and an anxiety disorder (among other conditions). She will be in her wheelchair, but still has trouble with very large crowds. So we try to keep her away from huge crowds when possible (knowing this is not always possible at Disney). So that said (and the actual point of my post) is having her on Main Street to watch Happily Ever After would not be the best situation for us.

So I guess a couple of questions:
  • Is it still enjoyable without the castle projections?
  • Where have you seen this away from Main Street that you would recommend (still in MK, not on the Poly Beach or TTC)

Thank you all in advance,
Chris

My DGD is terrified of loud noises, but no one else in the family is, and we went over to the Pecos Bill's area. Decent views, and DS took DGD inside.

If you do not mind missing the projections, the area by Gaston's Tavern is great. Usually not very crowded and nice views. The one night we were there, a photopass photographer set up by the fountain and I was able to get a great photo with fireworks in the background. There are some tables and chairs outside the restaurant so it was easy to hang out and wait for the fireworks to start and there are bathrooms just behind it.

Last edited:
By the flag poll is not that crowded she might be able to see a little bit of the castle from her wheelchair and about 80% of the fireworks it also make a fast getaway if the park close after the fireworks

You can try on top of the train station

I have done the bridge between Main Street and Tomorrowland.

And by the bathroom and the carousels area 7DMT area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter