Enjoyed VWL

SyrCinderella

Mouseketeer
We just got back today from a very nice stay at VWL. The only little blemish on the whole experience is that when we checked in to our 1 br at 6:15, mousekeeping obviously was not at the top of their game. The first thing we noticed as we went to wash our hands from the long plane trip was no soap of any kind in the villa. No shampoo, no hand soap. So we called mousekeeping to request the starter kit of toiletries - hey, it was the day before Easter, I'm sure things get overlooked, no biggie. As DH was talking to mousekeeping, I started unpacking. I opened the drawer in the nightstand and found two dirty pairs of boxer shorts on top of the bible. So DH called mousekeeping and let them know that the previous tenants had left them behind. We had dinner reservations at the Rose and Crown so we had to leave. When we returned the toiletries were there but unfortunately so were the boxers.

We loved the VWL, very nice atmosphere. I noticed that mousekeeping was not quite as good as what we have received at BCV (not just the missing items, but the floors could really have used a good mopping). But all in all, we are looking forward to staying there again some time. It was very relaxing.

Yuck! I don't think I would have been happy with someone else's boxers. :blush: That was not the norm for VWL. If you really want to experience some magic, go to WL at Christmas. It is just gorgeous! :thumbsup2

Maybe the person with the missing boxers will claim them in these posts-lol.

I found two turteneck sweaters at SSR in the drawers under the TV in the Master Bedroom. The funny thing is they were folded really nicely like at a department store and were the exact same colors as the room decor, I almost thought it was some sort of amenity, LOL. Housekeeping took a couple of days to pick them up as well, at least they weren't undergarments! Yuck.

You know, mousekeeping never did take those boxers so maybe the next guest staying in that room will get a surprise as well! I'm sure that happens from time to time, it would be very easy to overlook some things cleaning those rooms. It won't stop us from staying there again. We would love to stay at WL at xmas, the theming just lends itself to that time of year.

SyrCinderella said:
We just got back today from a very nice stay at VWL. The only little blemish on the whole experience is that when we checked in to our 1 br at 6:15, mousekeeping obviously was not at the top of their game. The first thing we noticed as we went to wash our hands from the long plane trip was no soap of any kind in the villa. No shampoo, no hand soap. So we called mousekeeping to request the starter kit of toiletries - hey, it was the day before Easter, I'm sure things get overlooked, no biggie. As DH was talking to mousekeeping, I started unpacking. I opened the drawer in the nightstand and found two dirty pairs of boxer shorts on top of the bible. So DH called mousekeeping and let them know that the previous tenants had left them behind. We had dinner reservations at the Rose and Crown so we had to leave. When we returned the toiletries were there but unfortunately so were the boxers.

We loved the VWL, very nice atmosphere. I noticed that mousekeeping was not quite as good as what we have received at BCV (not just the missing items, but the floors could really have used a good mopping). But all in all, we are looking forward to staying there again some time. It was very relaxing.

Dirty boxers in the drawer, YUK! That is why I never unpack our clothes into the drawers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter