• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

End of Pet Loops?

jknezek

DIS Veteran
Heard a rumor they are planning to install doggy pickup bags in every loop in the next couple weeks and official end the "pet loop" designation. In my mind, this is just making policy catch up with reality, but has anyone else heard this?

Heard a rumor they are planning to install doggy pickup bags in every loop in the next couple weeks and official end the "pet loop" designation. In my mind, this is just making policy catch up with reality, but has anyone else heard this?
from when we have been there they have made nonpet loops pet loops. have not heard that but does not surprise me

Non-pet loops have always been subject to accept pets if the number of guests paying the pet fee exceeds the number of designated pet sites. They have always tried to keep it separate but it has always been the case. Various rumors pop up from time to time. Sometimes its that the whole "pet loop" thing will be done away with and all the sites will be accepting pets as long as the campers do not have canvas sides. Other times the rumor is that the pets are going to be eliminated, which I do not see happening since Disney will lose that extra $5.

Most of the time when things like this get posted it can derail into a thread where people vent because of bad experiences in the past with dogs. Hopefully that won't be the case here.:shamrock:

Sort of the other side of the coin to what tiggerdad said about the $5 pet loop fee:

If this rumor turns out to be true Disney can justify a $5 (minimum) increase at all campsite levels when 2018 rack rates are announced.

I may need to start staying at Lake Louisa on my LAST night in Florida in addition to my FIRST night in Florida at this rate...:eek:

Bama Ed

This would make me sad. I don't do barking dogs well, and I have a grand son that is so afraid of dogs. He will have panic attacks. :sad:

This would make me sad. I don't do barking dogs well, and I have a grand son that is so afraid of dogs. He will have panic attacks. :sad:
I don't think you our your grandson will have to worry too much. I say this because I think that you will notice very little change. Even if this is a Policy change, I don't expect to see a flood of pets all over the fort. I don't think people are staying away from the fort because their favorite loop may be designated a "non-pet loop".

Most people who bring their pets are pretty good at taking care of them. Of course there is always an exception to this rule, but again, I don't expect you will see a huge impact of this (Potential) change.

To that end, as far as pets go, I always considered all the loops as allowing pets (even if just walking them) because reality is, if there is a place where pets are not allowed, you would expect to see a "No Pets" sign such as they have down by the beach/dock area.

We have stayed in pet loops and non pet loops and have never had any issue with loud or obnoxious animals. Maybe we are the exception, but I don't think so.

I sure hope they don't put an end to pets, we wouldn't be able to do Disney anymore, we take Bruce with us on every vacation, FW, Yellowstone, Utah. He's a large breed Bernese Mountain Dog, one of the laziest breeds, as long as the TV and AC are on, he pretty much sleeps all day. He only barks if someone is talking right outside the camper or knocks on the door.

I sure hope they don't put an end to pets, we wouldn't be able to do Disney anymore, we take Bruce with us on every vacation, FW, Yellowstone, Utah. He's a large breed Bernese Mountain Dog, one of the laziest breeds, as long as the TV and AC are on, he pretty much sleeps all day. He only barks if someone is talking right outside the camper or knocks on the door.
Just the opposite, all loops will be pet friendly is the rumor. The Fort is the only CG we have been to that has a non pet designation.

Obviously Team B you don't know much about LeonBergers. Your description of Bruce made me instantly look at my WookieBear and My wife did the same when she stopped laughing. Last time we were ADVENTURING some people in our lane wanted to know if she is a dog or a bear. Lazy doesn't even begin to describe her now. Getting her up for more than Dinner is getting to be work for me But I will say She does keep the Garbage collectors from coming down the driveway and killing us She does same at Disney

Team Bradfield I could of wrote the same thing. My Bernese is the same. We bought our SUV and camper just so we could take him and our Jack Russell on vacation with us. Also Go Bears (Our Jack Russell is named after Walter Payton).

Interesting, that would be fine with me if they did. But, I do understand why some folks would like pet free areas.

When trying to find a spot for our Nov trip, the CM I spoke with discouraged me from one of the types since they had fewer pet loops. She scared me into thinking that we could get denied a pet loop and not be able to bring our small dog. We ended up reserving a Premium Loop because that's what had the most days available, and seems to have the most pet friendly loops.

any other BMD owners going to be at the fort april 25th through may 3rd? would love to have Bruce meet another BMD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter