When to go: Early June vs. Early May

• May 30, 2023-June 6, 2023

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • August 6, 2023-August 13, 2023

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

zuzu310

DIS Veteran
I am hoping to get everyone's opinions as we don't normally travel in the summer months. Due to some projects at my husband's job this year, we cannot travel in off-season like normal. I can't decide between End of May/Early June vs. Early August. Pre-pandemic we went every year in September. Any insight on crowd predictions, weather, TRON opening?TIA!

I voted for May/June because it probably won’t be as humid - although if you normally visit in September, that’s probably not an issue for you. August is also deeper into hurricane season. I also think May-June crowds will be a little smaller than early August. As far as Tron is concerned, Disney says “spring” so hopefully it will be open by either set of dates!

Starting the trip on May 30, you might see some residual crowds for memorial day, but I’m guessing the later part of the week will be better levels. Most school systems will still be in session. Plus, while it’s already hot by early June, it’s not AS hot as August!

I went opposite to most and chose the Jul/Aug dates. Yes, it will be very hot and humid but as some schools are back in session then or, heading back shortly, the crowds may be slightly lower.

Unfortunately I think both of those windows have potential for higher crowds as they’re both in prime summer vacation windows for many US schools. Our kids go to school through the end of June and don’t go back until after Labour Day so we aim for late Aug/early Sep.

OP, if you are looking purely based on weather I agree with your May/Jun dates. If booking around potential crowds - Jul/Aug.

I went opposite to most and chose the Jul/Aug dates. Yes, it will be very hot and humid but as some schools are back in session then or, heading back shortly, the crowds may be slightly lower.

Unfortunately I think both of those windows have potential for higher crowds as they’re both in prime summer vacation windows for many US schools. Our kids go to school through the end of June and don’t go back until after Labour Day so we aim for late Aug/early Sep.

OP, if you are looking purely based on weather I agree with your May/Jun dates. If booking around potential crowds - Jul/Aug.
I agree with this. We have gone mid to late May plenty of times. Many southern school systems get out during that time and head back first of August. This past May, given the new "it is always busy" thought, was definitely true. But, yes, weather definitely better in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter