EMT discounts?

blueeyez

Mouseketeer
We've never been to WDW b-4 but are planning on going in Sept. Do they offer discounts for Emergency workers at any of the resorts? DH is an EMT-IV Tech.

You could try calling the Swan/Dolphin hotels. They offer discounted rates for teachers, government employees, and nurses. Proof of eligibility for the discount is required at check-in. Is your husband employed by your town, city or state as an EMT? That could qualify. Or else, just ask them if he would be eligible as an EMT. The discounts are not available for all dates, so you might have to be flexible. Good luck!

Im an EMT-B and firefighter in NY but they wont give discounts anywhere because I only do it volunteer (yea stupid volunteers... if I got paid to do it I would get a discount... doesnt make sense). Let me know what you find.
Thanks,
K

Save a life, learn CPR!

The only time that my family was upgraded was after September 11. I am a paramedic in NYC and also volunteer on Long Island.

My husband is also a volunteer ff/emt. They do get paid a little though right before christmas. We have never had any problems with him being a volunteer. As long as you are employed/afflitiated with the city gov't then your ok. Also, they have never checked his "proof" before except at the swan and dolphin. We just took along his state card.We get great gov't discounts at alot of hotels. The swan/dolphin disc. are great!! HTH

NYMEDIC said:
The only time that my family was upgraded was after September 11. I am a paramedic in NYC and also volunteer on Long Island.

Where on long island? Im a volunteer on Long Island too- Hmm a paramedic (thinks of all the paramedic jokes) :rotfl:

can you also get discounts at the value resorts?

My DH is a full-time paid firefighter and has been for the past 10 years and it has NEVER occurred to us that anyone would give him a discount just because of it. HUH!!!!

Let me know!!!

Other than after September 11th for a short time, WDW doesn't offer any kind of discounts to rescue professionals.

Anne

I think the Swan/Dolphin is the only one that offers discounts and it is for nurses, you might double check. It doesn't hurt to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter