• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

EMH

Kkb0517

Mouseketeer
which extra magic hours - morning or evening, in which park do you find most helpful for getting on rides?

When we've been for Easter week (the wk following Easter Sunday), we've had great success with the 7am EMH at Magic Kingdom. We are planning 2 EMH days at MK for same week this year. You can get so much done before crowds arrive, especially when it starts at 7am. My touring plan for Sat. 4/15 shows 17 attractions (incl. 30 mins on TS Island) before taking a resort break around 1pm.

We generally avoid them except for the evening ones at MK, which we always make a point to be at. When the MK is open the later hours, we have very good luck getting on lots of rides, especially toward the end of the evening.

Morning at every park. Most people do not want to get up early while on vacation. Getting to the parks before 8:00 a.m. pretty much means an awake time of around 6:00 a.m., but that first hour to hour and a half are golden in the parks We will also do MK when the late EMH goes to midnight or after. If EMH ends at 11:00, that's just too early and the crowds stay.

If you are a morning person EMH are golden. Most vacationers do not get to that parks till about 10:30am. They meant to make rope drop but things take so much longer than they anticipated...... So if you find you are one of those that can make morning EMH take advantage. and the ealier ie 7am the better for you. Also very late EMH. like the 10pm-12am or the 11pm-1am are great. Most people tend to be D.O.N.E. around 11pm as they know leaving them means it will probably be 12-1230 before getting to bed and they plan to hit rope drop the next day.

I will add that I surprised that at the MK a couple of weeks ago, anyone could have walked right in for EMH - even non-resort guests. And I'm quite sure they were. Main street and the hub were open at 8, and EMH started at 8. I didn't think there was any advantage that particular morning as anyone was allowed in.

I will add that I surprised that at the MK a couple of weeks ago, anyone could have walked right in for EMH - even non-resort guests. And I'm quite sure they were. Main street and the hub were open at 8, and EMH started at 8. I didn't think there was any advantage that particular morning as anyone was allowed in.

I thought that now everyone was allowed in to Main Street and the Hub but that there were ropes and CM at the entrances to the lands, so that only resort guests could enter to ride the attractions that were open. Was that not the case?

I thought that now everyone was allowed in to Main Street and the Hub but that there were ropes and CM at the entrances to the lands, so that only resort guests could enter to ride the attractions that were open. Was that not the case?

That's what we thought too, and what we expected. There were CMs there, and there were signs that said "Resort Guests This Way". But no screening, no tapping bands, etc. Anyone could have cruised right on in.

We almost always take advantage of morning EMH at every park, but I've found that they really don't seem to be as beneficial at Epcot as the others.

Just got back yesterday and the only EMH we could do was in the evening at Epcot. We got to FEA right when Illuminations was ending and while the posted wait was 45 minutes, it only took about 20.

Between July and September we always do morning EMH due to the afternoon storms. By the time the rain and thunder roll in, we are back at our resort for a mid day break. As a pp mentioned, these storms do take time out if your day. Not all storms are brief, passing showers; some storms can be intense, and last for some time.

Just have to comment upon reading those posts indicating they were not scanning guests during morning EMH at MK, thereby allowing everyone into the park at the same time. Not really sure what to think about this considering EMH is an onsite perk. I hope this is a temporary thing; if it isn't, I would imagine there will be a boatload of complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter