EMH worth going?

We personally will adjust our plans to do EMH. I love being able to stay late at the parks, especially Epcot, where we can grab some adult beverages, snacks for the kids, and just hang out. (We usually travel with friends, so it’s a must do for us.)
We go in MK EMH knowing the big rides are probably a no go, but will take the kids on a couple rides with short wait times. As long as I get to see HEA, I’m happy just to be in the park and wander lol

I have a couple of follow up questions if that's okay?
I'm going to be at WDW on a day where MK has 7-8am EMH. What time can I get into the park?
The plan is to get there as early as I can, ride Seven Dwarfs, stay until lunchtime, then get the heck out of dodge for a couple of hours and head back to another park for the evening...

A 7am emh is one of our fondest memories! We did SO much. All of tomorrowland, save SM because my kids were too short, all of FL and NFL, and I think Jungle cruise. We ended up leaving by 9:45 to eat breakfast and crash. I had a double stroller and 4 kids (11, 5, 5, and 3) with me. The line of people to come into the park was astronomical!

I think they let us in very close to 7, maybe a few minutes early. It's work to be to the MK that early, but very worth it.

I love AM EMH but you really have to commit. Basically reiterating what others have said here but to truly maximize your time it's best to be at the park an hour before rope drop, maybe even more than that at AK (and soon to be HS). We're usually done and out of the park by noon, head back to relax at the resort or walk around other resorts to check them out, and then back to a park at night. (park hopper required of course)

Honestly speaking we utilize this same strategy even if no EMH. Christmas 2017 we were towards the front of the RD crowd for FOP and managed to get on the ride stand by and then use our FP+ immediately after. Yes, we rode FOP two times in about 20 minutes.

Tonight is PM EMH at MK, 11 - 1. We’re planning to head back to the park around 7 or 8, and stay as late as we can hold out. We already did our 3 FPs this morning, and came back to the resort for break at lunchtime.

My question is, how do they know who is eligible for EMH? Will we have to scan our bands? And what time will FPs stop being distributed? We saw some for 10 pm, but none later than that.

Tonight is PM EMH at MK, 11 - 1. We’re planning to head back to the park around 7 or 8, and stay as late as we can hold out. We already did our 3 FPs this morning, and came back to the resort for break at lunchtime.

My question is, how do they know who is eligible for EMH? Will we have to scan our bands? And what time will FPs stop being distributed? We saw some for 10 pm, but none later than that.
FPs stop at normal closing time. After that, they scan your magic bands.

Is it worth going for EMH? Can you get on some of the bigger rides during the hour?
Depends on the cost.

If you're going to be awake anyway, yep...it's worth it. A much better option than sitting down at a character breakfast at that time in my opinion. Morning EMH will offer cooler temps when you shouldn't be as fatigued later in the day and as others have mentioned, earlier is always better in regards to standby times.

I am going to jump in.....we are planning EMH at HS for SDD in July.....staying at Coronado Springs. Anyone have any advice? We could not get FP for SDD so I am thinking EMH is our best option? Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thans!

I am going to jump in.....we are planning EMH at HS for SDD in July.....staying at Coronado Springs. Anyone have any advice? We could not get FP for SDD so I am thinking EMH is our best option? Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thans!
check to see if they are doing a Early Morning Magic on your HS day. If so, be prepared for a HUGE crowd. They hold the crowd back until right at park opening. There probably won't be an EMM if they have EMH. Either way, the park gets totally jammed at HS at park opening. Be prepared for shoving, running, and I have seen an ADULT jumping over several kids. This was in April. We attended an EMM and wanted to head to TOT and RnR but we were held back and when they let the rope drop crowd in we saw a guy doing just that. The rope drop crowd caught up with us as we were making our way to TOT. Most went towards Toy Story Land, but the rest headed the same way we were. The EMM was great. We are doing the After hours in September for AK. good luck

check to see if they are doing a Early Morning Magic on your HS day. If so, be prepared for a HUGE crowd. They hold the crowd back until right at park opening. There probably won't be an EMM if they have EMH. Either way, the park gets totally jammed at HS at park opening. Be prepared for shoving, running, and I have seen an ADULT jumping over several kids. This was in April. We attended an EMM and wanted to head to TOT and RnR but we were held back and when they let the rope drop crowd in we saw a guy doing just that. The rope drop crowd caught up with us as we were making our way to TOT. Most went towards Toy Story Land, but the rest headed the same way we were. The EMM was great. We are doing the After hours in September for AK. good luck

EMH is on Sunday morning at HS, no EMM that day. And after the first hour we are leaving for AK. Truly only going to try to hit SDD before park opening to the general crowd at 9.

The earlier the morning EMH the better. IM a big fan of morning EMH, refresh a ton, leave and chill for the afternoon, have a nice dinner and do an evening park casually using refresh if I want to or doing smaller attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter