Emergency contact info for kids

EACarlson

DIS Veteran
We are planning our first Disney trip as a family this coming winter. What does everyone do to make sure that the parent's contact information is with the kids in case they should ever become separated?

I have a medical alert that will slide on the magic band and gives my necessary information to anyone with a QR app on their phone. Would love to find something similar to this to put on my kids' bands.

We have used temporary tattoos with our contact information. Each tattoo lasted a couple days with sunscreen/swimming etc. Also a necklace with a dogtag with our information.

We did the small luggage/pet engravable id tags - they even have kiosks in many of the wdw gift shops with cute Disney designs. I laced them into the shoe laces and instructed my kids to show a CM the tag in case we got separated. I put my first name and cell on them.

Road ID makes interactive versions of each of their ID bracelets, tags, etc. It has some basic information on the tag, but also a phone number and/or website that a first responder/cast member could contact. You would be able to update it before/during your trip with relevant information such as cell numbers, resort, etc.

We used a sharpie in their First Trip or I'm celebrating buttons on the inside. The 4 year old knows DH's number, her mom's number (not that it would do much good from states away) and she knew mine, but we haven't re-enforced that like we probably should. The 3 year old I *think* knows the same numbers, but this is reminding me that we need to make sure they still remember. They know both addresses for sure, but again, won't help a lost child at WDW.

We used RoadID ... the bracelets or on the kids shoes when they were little. Now they know all of our phone numbers, so we don't worry about it.

We used RoadID ... the bracelets or on the kids shoes when they were little. Now they know all of our phone numbers, so we don't worry about it.
We also have Road ID bracelets for the kids- has both our cell numbers on them. They come in pretty small bracelet sizes or shoelace versions. My kids had Velcro shoes years ago though, so no good there!

We used a combination of temporary tattoos and Road ID bracelets. We still us the Road ID bracelets because I always worry if the kids are stressed out, they may not remember our phone numbers. We've never had to use either, luckily.

Do you rem where you got the tattoos?
Thanks

We used a combination of temporary tattoos and Road ID bracelets. We still us the Road ID bracelets because I always worry if the kids are stressed out, they may not remember our phone numbers. We've never had to use either, luckily.

Along with whatever method you use to ensure your contact info is with your child, don't forget to also snap a photo before you head into a crowded area so you remember what color shirt etc your child is wearing just in case you have to give a description.

Along with whatever method you use to ensure your contact info is with your child, don't forget to also snap a photo before you head into a crowded area so you remember what color shirt etc your child is wearing just in case you have to give a description.
This is one of the things the wife has already planned, picture every day before we leave the room with what everyone is wearing each day.

I had paper bracelets made with our "If lost, call [phone number] or [phone number]."
They would last a few days before needing to be changed, but I had one made for each day of the trip for each kid.

we put our phone numbers in sharpie on the inside of her magic band and told her if she ever got lost to go to a trash can, then tell a cast member that she is lost and her mommy and daddy's phone numbers are inside her band. there are trash cans every 30 feet (fun fact!) and we figured that a child standing by a trashcan, possibly crying was a smarter idea than telling her to just "find a cast member." we did explain that cast members wear name tags, and to tell them that she is lost and that our numbers are inside her band. thankfully we never had to worry, but the trashcan thing really stuck, she pointed out trashcans at the hotel, Dis Springs, and all of the parks and tell us she knew where to go if she got lost!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter