Embassy/Sunterra Grand Beach Vacation Resort

A Mickeyfan

DIS Veteran
I stayed at the now Sunterra Grand Beach Vacation Resort last week for a week. It was the Embassy Grand Beach... but Sunterra has taken over. I had a 3 bedroom. The grounds are very nice & so is the staff. I was never once bothered by salesman to do the "tour". The units are very large and the layout is good. Only down side is that the Living room, dining room furniture & carpets need a major overhaul. The tile on the floors in the bathrooms (3 bathrooms :thumbsup2 ) and kitchen were in excellent shape, but the carpets were stainned. The one in the living room was torn. The mattress's were very comfortable (didn't use the pullout sofa). There are lot of closet space & loved the full size washer & dryer in it's own "little room" (sort of a walk in closet). The unit did come supplied with 3 packs of coffee w/filters & creamer/sugers, dish detergent, dishwasher detergent & 2 rolls of paper towels in the kitchen, as well as one pot holder, 2 dish rags, 2 dish towels & a small spunge w/scrubbie on it. Each bathroom came with hand & body soap, shampoo & 2 rolls of toilet paper. There were also 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels, 4 wash clothes & 2 bath mats in each bathroom as well. They did supply you with 8 pool towels with a sign stating that if they were not in your unit upon check out, you would be charged $10 for each one (we decided not to use them :rotfl: ). They came on the 4th day to do a free midweek mini clean & replaced towels. We did not have them clean the unit but did take the towels. They also left us more soaps & coffee bags w/creamer/sugers. To be honest, I was afraid of staying here since there was some negative feedback with some saying that they didn't supply you with anything. The price I paid (thru SkyAuction) was only $224 for the entire 7 nights ($124 cash & $100 Skyauction Cert) definatly made it worth while. Would I pay the going rate of $200+ per night...NO ! Maybe after the renovations I would but not now. They have started the renovations already. I think they were working on Bldg 7. I was in Bldg 2 near the club house. There was always ample parking. They do have inside parking lots for some of the bldgs. I didn't like the spots there, they seemed toooooo close together. I prefered to park outside. The pools were nice, but we did not go in them at all. If anyone needs any more info, pm me & I will try to help.. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter