email from receipts app

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I do 4 different shopping apps where you scan the receipt to get points to turn into cash
I just cashout at one of them I think it was Fri
so today Mon I get an email from where they said the email was coming from that it was in my paypal account
yep it was there so all was good

now tonight I get another email supposedly from the same receipt app
but it wasnt the same email that the first was from

coincidence I thnk not
is there someone I can report this
since it looks like a fake email
thanks

Every legit company uses a business email address. If it looks like anything else after the @..........then likely it is spam. I get various emails from bogus sites saying things like my 'netflix subscription has expired' (have NEVER had a netflix account) or Fedex is trying to deliver a package (I have nothing currently on order). I just delete them. I assume these bogus emails get sent to THOUSANDS of people from some offshore location and the real company isn't going to waste their time running them down. Think you are wasting your time if you try to report them to the legit company.

NEVER open any attachments on suspicious looking emails.

Last edited:
You can report it as junk and block the sender but expect more with different email address. It was either a very lucky phishing email or a site may have access to your email. Try changing your email password and frequently if you don’t mind….. I know I don’t either but I also use a different email address for financial things ONLY. Also not opening the email helps it will usually differ from the real like Target sale …. you may see Target.com sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter