Email difficulties? Romancing the mouse?

Same thing here. I changed my dates and went for another house that is recommended here. Also, I am going to book my November trip with them too. So, they lost not one but two bookings by ignoring the emails.
It's a shame because I really wanted to give them a try.

Same thing here. I changed my dates and went for another house that is recommended here. Also, I am going to book my November trip with them too. So, they lost not one but two bookings by ignoring the emails.
It's a shame because I really wanted to give them a try.

Just wondered who you ended up booking with.

I just made reservations with them a few days ago. It did take about a day to hear back from each of my emails to them, but the idea of on-site owners makes me :yay:! I'd love to hear about house AND resort details from anyone who has stayed at their homes in Windsor Resort! (We're going to be in the 5BR/5B)
We're going to be there in the middle of October, and since we have NEVER gone that time of year, I'd also love tips on the typical weather that month. I've looked most of this up on various sites, but I'm just excited enough to keep talking/reading about it!

I still haven't heard from them. I send one read receipt, got the receipt that it had been read and still never got a reply. I cancelled my reservation in November and never got an acknowledgement, and I'm still on their calendar. Strange way to do business.

I still haven't heard from them. I send one read receipt, got the receipt that it had been read and still never got a reply. I cancelled my reservation in November and never got an acknowledgement, and I'm still on their calendar. Strange way to do business.

That's very strange. I would keep trying to make sure you are taken off their calendar or you may end up owing for a trip you don't want! I'm really sorry you are having such a problem. We had trouble a couple times reaching them, but eventually caught up to them. Hope your new place works out really great!

That's very strange. I would keep trying to make sure you are taken off their calendar or you may end up owing for a trip you don't want! I'm really sorry you are having such a problem. We had trouble a couple times reaching them, but eventually caught up to them. Hope your new place works out really great!

Don't see how I could owe... they don't have my credit card number, I never signed a contract, I sent them multiple emails to which they haven't responded. I have made a good faith effort to contact them. There is no phone number available on their website, so I can't call. I would have kept my reservation had they responded to either of my first two emails. It's been over two months since I sent those emails, over six weeks since I sent my cancellation email. At this point, I would think the burden would be on them. Again... I sent a read receipt on one email so I know they got it. They chose not to respond to me.

We just returned today from the Romancing the Mouse 5 BR/ 5 Bath house in Windsor Hills.:wizard: It was wonderful and we will never go back to staying on site! Holly and Mark were both very gracious and gave us great information on where to shop and back entrances to WDW. They had muffins, OJ and warm chocolate chip cookies for us when we arrived. We could easily come and go in a few short minutes. The house was well kept and had everything we needed. It was great to come home afternoons and either nap or swim when the parks were at the most crowded and then go back to the parks in the evening or just hang out at the house. We had a group of seven: my husband and I, our 24 year old daughter and her fiance, our 20 year old daughter, 17 year old son and 15 year old nephew. Everyone was happy to have their own space and bathroom. We didn't need to pack much because and took only carry-on bags because we could do laundry whenever we wanted. Mark was very responsive when we thought the pool heater was not working. At the end of our stay the whole family didn't want to leave.

I posted earlier that at one point Mark and Holly were having serious email problems for quite a while for which they apologized profusely. I am so glad that I was patient with them and did not give up when they had email troubles because this was our best Disney stay ever. I believe they have solved the communication problems at this point.

We just returned today from the Romancing the Mouse 5 BR/ 5 Bath house in Windsor Hills.:wizard: It was wonderful and we will never go back to staying on site! Holly and Mark were both very gracious and gave us great information on where to shop and back entrances to WDW. They had muffins, OJ and warm chocolate chip cookies for us when we arrived. We could easily come and go in a few short minutes. The house was well kept and had everything we needed. It was great to come home afternoons and either nap or swim when the parks were at the most crowded and then go back to the parks in the evening or just hang out at the house. We had a group of seven: my husband and I, our 24 year old daughter and her fiance, our 20 year old daughter, 17 year old son and 15 year old nephew. Everyone was happy to have their own space and bathroom. We didn't need to pack much because and took only carry-on bags because we could do laundry whenever we wanted. Mark was very responsive when we thought the pool heater was not working. At the end of our stay the whole family didn't want to leave.

I'm so glad to see this! I was starting to feel a little concerned! I would definately be freaking out if I was someone with a close trip date not getting a response! I guess I'll hope that they get all their email issues worked out well before our October trip!
If you don't mind me asking, did you make much use of the resort amenities? Also, what happened with the pool heat? We definately will need warm water in October! I read that they actually have a pool table in that house, was it there when you were renting it?

I'll probably think of more questions...I don't suppose you have pics? I'm so jittery/excited! :goodvibes

I'm so glad to see this! I was starting to feel a little concerned! I would definately be freaking out if I was someone with a close trip date not getting a response! I guess I'll hope that they get all their email issues worked out well before our October trip!
If you don't mind me asking, did you make much use of the resort amenities? Also, what happened with the pool heat? We definately will need warm water in October! I read that they actually have a pool table in that house, was it there when you were renting it?

I'll probably think of more questions...I don't suppose you have pics? I'm so jittery/excited! :goodvibes

You may want to check the calendar to see if you are listed or if anyone else is for your requested time. We did not use the other amenities although they sounded good. It was just that our teens and young adults were happy playing cards, hanging out in the hot tub or watching movies. I am not sure if the problem with the pool heat was just "operator error" or if it was because the night before was really cold but Mark came out quickly to make sure everything was OK and adjusted the timer on the heater for us. The pool table was used quite a bit and was great for our age group. The pictures on their website are very accurate. Oh, and the beds were so comfy! :cloud9:

You may want to check the calendar to see if you are listed or if anyone else is for your requested time. We did not use the other amenities although they sounded good. It was just that our teens and young adults were happy playing cards, hanging out in the hot tub or watching movies. I am not sure if the problem with the pool heat was just "operator error" or if it was because the night before was really cold but Mark came out quickly to make sure everything was OK and adjusted the timer on the heater for us. The pool table was used quite a bit and was great for our age group. The pictures on their website are very accurate. Oh, and the beds were so comfy! :cloud9:

Nice! We are def on the calendar! I'm glad you mentioned the beds, because that is what I forgot to ask. I was a little worried about how the 2twin conversion to king would work out...I don't want anyone falling through the middle! lol Thanks so much for your response! :thumbsup2

Nice! We are def on the calendar! I'm glad you mentioned the beds, because that is what I forgot to ask. I was a little worried about how the 2twin conversion to king would work out...I don't want anyone falling through the middle! lol Thanks so much for your response! :thumbsup2

We were there in June and there is no way you feel anything in the middle. If you didn't know it, you would never guess it was two twins. We had all 4 bedrooms together as kings and they were really comfy.

We didn't use any of the resort amenities either. Kids just loved hanging around in our own pool/hot tub and watching movies. DS did look at pool table in the resort game room (we didn't have one in our house--I believe they only put one in the 5 bed house) and the game room was pay-per-play and pretty run down. DS and SIL rented equipment to play basketball one day, but it was so hot they just came back.

Enjoy your stay!

We were there in June and there is no way you feel anything in the middle. If you didn't know it, you would never guess it was two twins. We had all 4 bedrooms together as kings and they were really comfy.

We didn't use any of the resort amenities either. Kids just loved hanging around in our own pool/hot tub and watching movies. DS did look at pool table in the resort game room (we didn't have one in our house--I believe they only put one in the 5 bed house) and the game room was pay-per-play and pretty run down. DS and SIL rented equipment to play basketball one day, but it was so hot they just came back.

Enjoy your stay!

That's fantastic! I don't think we would use the clubhouse much at all, but I bet DS and DH would want to check out the resort pool. Awesome to hear that the bed situation won't be a nightmare! Thanks so much for your response!

During Christmas week, I sent an email to Romancing the Mouse with questions on one of their rentals. I received a reply within a day or two. Yesterday I filled out a last-minute reservation request. I have not heard back from them yet but I went on the website and my name is listed for my requested reservation.

I think it will work out just fine, even with last minute trip booking chaos!

They had some trouble with email at the end of 2010. But absolutely awesome people, we stayed in January 2011 and would love to stay with them again.

And email difficulties in May of this year as well as the past few months according to an email I just got from them. I think I'd get my email issues fixed if I were them....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter