Elope to Orlando

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by MrsDeleo, Feb 5, 2018.

1. MrsDeleo

MrsDeleo Earning My Ears

Hey there,
    My fiance and I are older 36 and 42. We would love to have a wedding but honestly we have both done that and we would like to elope and spend our money on a disney honeymoon.
    My question is, where can we get married in Orlando ? Something nice but not pricey.
    I know Disney has services but its just US we wouldn't have a wedding party or guests, I also am very aware that disney is pricey. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. TinkLoverSam

TinkLoverSam DIS Veteran

There is a memories collection that Disney does that is really an elopement package. It does allow guests but only 4 total and many couples don’t have any guests at all. There is also Swan and Dolphin and Bouse of Blues in Disney Springs.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MrsDeleo

MrsDeleo Earning My Ears

Awesome!! Thank you I will do some research on those. We both love the idea of spending money on the honeymoon not so much the ceremony but having said that Im still a girl... I dont want to do the courthouse thing.. LOL
    Not that there is anything wrong with that just my preference.

TinkLoverSam likes this.
  5. TinkLoverSam

TinkLoverSam DIS Veteran

lurkyloo likes this.
  6. MrsDeleo

MrsDeleo Earning My Ears

Oh sweet!
    Thank you :)

TinkLoverSam likes this.
  7. JFox

JFox Mouseketeer

Yes. We eloped and were married 1/15/18. Stayed the remainder of the week for our honeymoon.

8. MrsDeleo

MrsDeleo Earning My Ears

Well we have planned everything and this is our "plan" for now. We live close to Florida (1 hour from panhandle) and we are planning on getting the marriage license ahead of time.
    We have booked a stay at Yacht Club and we plan on getting an officiant to meet us at the resort and marry us there. On our balcony or maybe somewhere kind of discrete. It will be just us, two friends and the officiant. I dont forsee this being an issue. Has anyone else done this? Maybe I should start another thread with this info? LOL

9. ALegrande

ALegrande Mouseketeer

You can do this as long as it’s in your room/on your balcony or on like a rented boat. If you do it anywhere on the property, even in the lobby or somewhere off to the side, they *can* stop you/kick you out. I would be sure to do it somewhere super private like your room in order to avoid having your big day spoiled!

MrsDeleo likes this.
  10. MrsDeleo

MrsDeleo Earning My Ears

THANK YOU this is good info, I have found a park in Orlando that might work for an outside wedding. I was nervous about that!! I dont see Disney kicking anyone out but I wouldnt want any issues. Thats AWKWARD LOL
    Thank you again :)

ALegrande likes this.
  11. MrsDeleo

MrsDeleo Earning My Ears

We were also looking at driving over to Kelly Park Rock Springs and getting married there, its SO pretty.

12. MeliMel

MeliMel Earning My Ears

How about a beach elopement? Cocoa Beach is about an hour away (I know, I know) but you can have a relatively affordable ceremony and head back to the parks for some play afterwards. Check out Small Miami Weddings (smallmiamiweddings.com). They specialize in elopements and small, intimate weddings (they go up to Orlando too). Also check out Marriage by Mail (marriagebymail.com). I highly recommend getting your marriage license ahead of time so that you don't have to worry about it during your vacation.

Not too sure the renegade wedding idea is a good one. LOL. But if you're doing the balcony thing, the Grand Floridian is the way to go! With dinner at Victoria and Albert's. :earboy2:

13. aristocatz

aristocatz DIS Veteran

If you are planning to go this route, I strongly suggest you stick to getting married on your hotel room balcony. I *think* this is accepted through Disney. Any other location, without booking a wedding package, you are putting yourselves at risk for breaking the rules. Get a room that has an amazing balcony view & it will be great!!