• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Elf Island wants YOU!!!

aengus

<font color=blue>Official Head VMK Cheerleader!</f
Elf Island wants YOU to give some feedback :goodvibes

it has been a week and they are wanting to hear from the people who have had an opportunity to try it out and hear their experiences and thoughts.

This is a great opportunity that they are reaching out to the players to get opinions and I hope many of us will take advantage of this.

What do you like?
What did you not like?
Suggestions or improvements or additions?

Give some specifics, share your ideas.

I will get the ball rolling.

Really like the beautiful graphics of the rooms and the animated features

The variety of mini games is awesome. Seems like there is something for everyone there.

The mail interface started rough, but now works really well (inlcuding the friend request portion)

Love how the hosts started right out with host games and the like right off the bat

The animated animals coming through the rooms are a great detail

Dislikes:

Don't like how we move to people when we click on them to pull up their data

Don't like how we can see each others inventory form that same screen

Suggestions/improvements/additions:

Some of the items in the stores are just very graphically different. out of sorts so to speak. Almost feels like artists from elsewhere sent in random objects and it was all stuck together. I feel it takes away from the beautifully designed rooms when the objects just dont have the same flow.

we need a dance option! clicking by my feet to dance at close is going to give me carpal tunnel syndrome! :rotfl2:

Fruit workx game seems a little too slow. Could use a little increase in speed

They want to hear from you too @_@

What do you like?
*The rooms are gorgeous. The graphics are very detailed. Makes me feel like I am in another world.
*The mini-games are great. They are addictive and a great way to make money. Also, I like the firefly feature telling me that stump or tree houses the game.
*I like the interface with friend information, but I am not sure if I like how much information is shown.

What did you not like?
*I don't like how we all pile on top of one another when playing a mini-game. They are there but not there. Would be nice if they disappear during the mini-games. Also, when in the games you can't pull up their information by clicking on their person, so it is useless to have us in a pile.

*I would like a room decorating lock feature. When I get just how I like it, I would like to lock that look and not accidentally drag my couch when I click near it.
*I would like a drop down box of Friend's List names or something for emailing from our buddy list. If you can't remember the friend's title, or it is Aengus instead of aengus, then you have to start over.

I'm tempted to wait until I've had more chances to log on before giving feedback, because I haven't been able to play much during the limited daily time slot, but I might as well pass on my experience so far.

The backgrounds and "story" artwork are very nicely done, which tends to make the avatars and other items look a bit superimposed.

My avatar had some bugs with her appearance that got resolved on Day 2. (I reported it in game, so don't know if it was something they fixed directly.) Sometimes items in the clothing interface turn invisible, making it impossible to change clothes.

The lag has been so bad on my wireless laptop that I have not been able to do anything more than look around a bit, buy one item, and play one mini-game. It takes forever for my chat to show up on the screen. I haven't even bothered to try out any staff games. (I've tried logging in again and it doesn't help.)

I'll be curious to see if the lag improves in the next week or so. As things stand at present, the game is not really workable on my computer.

I'll be curious to see if the lag improves in the next week or so. As things stand at present, the game is not really workable on my computer.

can you throw out some basic stats of your computer?

I have a fast computer (AMD Athlon Dual Core, 2.21 GHz, 4GB Ram) with 20mb download speed for my internet and I still have lots of lag.
Don't feel bad, AliceBlue.

The title says it all. Within two minutes of signing in and picking a home, I clicked on the book to see the field guide pop up. Couldn't get it to open, couldn't get it to close.

Managed to map to the Thanksgiving shop area where I froze and crashed.

Not an auspicious start for me, and I'm already frustrated with the game.

Loved the music and opening storyline, though. Just wish I could freakin' PLAY this game.

They are having issues with the field guide and they know about it and have said they are working on it. They want to make it easier to use. If you want to see whats in it click on this link and it has pictures of the pages in the guide:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2001924

Bug

The title says it all. Within two minutes of signing in and picking a home, I clicked on the book to see the field guide pop up. Couldn't get it to open, couldn't get it to close.

Managed to map to the Thanksgiving shop area where I froze and crashed.

Not an auspicious start for me, and I'm already frustrated with the game.

Loved the music and opening storyline, though. Just wish I could freakin' PLAY this game.

Wootfrustrating! sorry to hear you were on overload,
I would bet most everyone was also.. 7 boatloads
of vmk refuges,that disney could not handle most the time. understanding its beta also not disney which is what brought us together in the virtual world.pirate:

What do you like?
*The rooms, all the different lands, minigames are fun and the events that are put on by the hosts (Lily's fashion show was a cute idea today)

*What did you not like?
*For some reason my character wont fully load. It wasn't happening before today, but for some reason now I walk around with the blue sparkle 'loading' colors over the front of my character.
*Hours of play - I wish it were open later on the west coast. I dont get much play time at all during the week because it closes at 7 and I work until

But overall I think Elf Island is a lot of fun and I've had a great time exploring! Seeing old VMK friends is a plus too :).

I forgot to mention an addition :)

I would love to see a mute and sound control within the game interface. Sometimes I would prefer the music off in a game while I play my own music.

It was nice to see you Rahacat in the game ;)

I may add more things once I'm actually in the game... :)

What do you like?

*The background graphics are beautiful
*Love how we can sit in various places in each room
*I enjoy the games -- they're not too hard
*I enjoy seeing many friends in one place
*I like the variety of costumes (*cough* black top hats are cool too)

What did you not like?

*Characters are a bit dull & one-dimensional compared to backgrounds
*Inventories are not private
*Buddy list was not alphabetized
*That our furniture moved whenever we clicked on it (wish there was a way to have it stay put)
*Placement of furniture is limited (would like more choices of angles for furniture and items)
*That we could not sit on furniture (would be fun to sit in chairs and places in our rooms)
*Everytime I clicked on a piece of furniture my character would move over it.

*Would love to dance & wave
*Would like to see a chat log, or have the text scroll up so we don't miss anything
*Would love a black top hat (lol had to throw that in)
*Would be great if we had an option to choose our facial features
*Would love some multiplayer games
*Would be great if Mahjong had some other patterns to choose from (maybe levels in each game)
*Accessories for our elves to wear? (hey, you never know)
*Would like to sit on our furniture
*Would like our furniture to stay where we put it once we place it down in our room, and to have it stay in front of another item when "front" is clicked on
*Would love others to see the same exact thing that I'm seeing (size and placement of furniture in room)

Sure, if you tell me where to look. ;)

if you right click on my computer, it brings up a window. what does it say for cpu and memory?

also what version of windows are you using

What I like :

The public room graphics are cute bright and fun.
I like the message bottle. And the annoucement sheet.
I like being able to see so many of my friends
I like knowing there are some great hosts and mods in the game.
I appreciate how ex-VMKers got to go to the island first.

Things I do not like.
I do not like the my haunted armor is really haunted and that is keeps disappearing from my room. I solved the problem by not putting it out yet. Thanks Hula and Titan for repalcing the replacements rofl.

My avator looks flat against the 3-D background. To dull and faded. can we have more 3-D look.

I like my room but I do not like how the closet takes up so much room. Would like the ability to make it very small. tiny tiny small so it does not ruin the beauty of my room. Right now it cuts of some of my view of the ballerina music box. Such a same.

I do not like shopping by myself like to see others in the store.

I do not like others knowing what items I own, and how much credits I have.

The chat boxes are too big for the words. Either make the text bigger or chat boxes smaller.

Do not like the fact to make a buddy I have to leave my spot and fly over to them. Soem good spots are hard to find LOL.

What I would like

Would like the ability to decorate out side. Example gnomes are for gardens not inside. I was sad to find out all the items I bought to use outside are only usable in my room.

Would like the ability to build a room. Buy a totally empty room and build it using blocks, rugs flowers trees ect to make it totally unique

Would like the ability to play group games.

The princess room is wonderful, however most furniture looks bad in it. Does not fit the theme of the room. Does not seem to fit right even after shrinking. Example the fireplace the angle is wrong looks out of place.

Better instructions for mini games. They are not in depth enough for many novice arcade players. Even after playing them I am lost as to what I am really doing.

Need better exit signs as some places it is hard to figure out how to exit.

Would like an instance level to know if a room is full.

Would actually like to sit on furniture.

Some of the items look too real for the room like they do not fit the decore.

Will you have a family plan for membership. This is important to know before time is invested in the game.

Will there be a way to earn daily credits ie Webkinz wheel of WOW, Wishing well, Gem hunt etc.. Especially those who are bad at arcade games.

Would love to have the dance and wave feature.

It sure is a nice looking game.

The items though that you buy are kind of not of this time. As in the game seems to take place long ago. They didn't have microwaves etc... Where are we getting the electricity to run these things lol. The items to buy seem very out of place from another game. Unless these items are just beta release items. To me the game looks like The Hobbits. They didn't run around with a guitar lol.

The chat is a big problem. Need to have it scroll upwards. The persons name also should be Bold or different from the message.

Clicking people and you move to them is a problem. There is menu is ok, but it should just list there exploring # and the rest of the info in that part of the menu.

The high score tables for each game would be great. I know i heard many ask when that will be put it.

Otherwise the game really is nice. It does seem pointed towards younger kids. But im sure there will be more adult things in the future.

The biggest thing is to be able to see all your friends from vmk etc. Big plus for most that go there.

On another note, everyone remember the game is Beta right now, so the lag is not there just for you. around 4-6pm it seems fine for me. But around 8-10pm when more people log in, it slows right down and lag city. I'm sure they are running on Beta servers and not much band withe. Once the game goes Live, im sure those servers and online speed should be increased 10 fold.

Thats all for now take care, Dc

The movement of the elves is awesome, but the avatars still feel very 2D to me.

The music is great.

I like that we have ability to change our avatar's looks and clothing.

Dislikes
I hate that we can't actually sit on the furniture we can buy for our homes.

The game seems "small" to me. I would like the avatars to be bigger.

Also, I fear that this game will quickly turn into host playing favorites. Like VMK, there will be the "haves" and the "have nots". It's not fair to play a game like "find the host" when a host is on your buddy list. I know full well that lots of players now contact the hosts off the games on MySpace and elsewhere.

-I really enjoy the games I have played so far
-The characters are cute and animated
-The ease of chatting
-The Host and Mods are wonderful

Dislikes:
-The overlap of the chat bubbles
-The Field Guide that will not close or open
-A few of the games would not close at the end (volcano and rainforest) so I had to log out and back in
-Somewhat slow to change areas using map

Suggestions:
-Green skin option would be nice, LOL
-More furniture choice to decorate our rooms
-Chat bubbles that do not overlap or a chat log

Fun site so far - keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

-I really enjoy the games I have played so far
-The characters are cute and animated
-The ease of chatting
-The Host and Mods are wonderful

Dislikes:
-The overlap of the chat bubbles
-The Field Guide that will not close or open
-A few of the games would not close at the end (volcano and rainforest) so I had to log out and back in
-Somewhat slow to change areas using map

Suggestions:
-Green skin option would be nice, LOL
-More furniture choice to decorate our rooms
-Chat bubbles that do not overlap or a chat log

Fun site so far - keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

Hi,

If interested is reading the field guide check this link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2001924

Bug

For me I love the public rooms, the colors are great and the music is very pleasing. The mini games are fun and relatively easy to learn and play. The animals that roam in various areas are really nice but I wish that they were as colorful as the settings they are in, they seem kind of dull or whitewashed lol. The same goes for our avatars. I would like larger rooms (my island) or the ability to add rooms as with all the items available it is difficult to find room for all the furniture and nick nacks (lol just as Hula when she visited my ship last night). Also on the subject of rooms and furniture, I have a pirate ship but there is at this point nothing pirate themed for my ship. Somehow those music boxes and gumball machines just don't look right there no matter what I try to do with them. Also my closet or wardrobe with our clothes in really great but takes up way too much room. perhaps they could give us the ability to move and shrink it, or better yet the option to make it a button to click on when and if we want to change our avatars. I also would like to be able to use the yard area of my island for things like the scarecrow, gnome and or course the turkey. There should be a chat window that scrolls the chat or some way to prevent the overlapping of chat bubbles. It is annoying to have to run up front so someone can see my chat bubble. All in all I really like what I am seeing in the game so far. I like that the hosts are trying to keep us busy, not just at scheduled events. I love the scrolls that pop up to alert us of a host event. However, I would also like to be notified by these same scrolls while I am playing a mini game so I have the option of joining the host event or continuing my game. Keep up the good work!! You are doing great so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter