• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Elf Island NEW Blog 11/4

Bugdozer

<font color=royal blue>One day at a time.<br>Yeste
Ahoy, and congratulations to those who were granted a ticket to our first boat headed for Elf Island!

November 4th, 2008

For those of you who didn’t find your user name on the first boat, don’t worry, we have your user name and plan to announce the different boat launches and the dates the boats leave throughout the next two weeks.
Here are the features you should expect to see and explore:
o Elves running, jumping, flying, sitting and rolling.
o Fun interactive environments - like a volcano, a marsh, and more.
o Hidden passageways that lead to mini-games.
o Thousands of different elf clothes and personalization combos.
o Inhabit a cool home, like a Pirate Ship or a Music Box.
o Invite other elves to visit your personalized home.
o Read our multimedia Newspaper – The Tide.
o Spot some of our roaming hybrid animals.
o Buy, trade and gift items purchased in the Marketplace.
o Chat with elves through our chat-safe inclusive dictionary.
o Establish your elf buddies and meet them throughout the Island.
o Share your emotions through tiki-head emoticons.

What does Elf Island Closed Beta mean?

Elf Island is at the final stage where all the fantastic virtual features are actively being tested for technical bugs. If you notice that something is not working or you receive an error message while playing within Elf Island, we ask that you report the issue by clicking on our Moderator button which is, the “M,” located at the top right of every screen. We thank you in advance for remaining patient and forgiving. Remember, you are making Elf Island the best virtual world for kids around the world.

Setting Expectations

First and foremost, you and your child’s online safety is our #1 priority. Elf Island’s safety features are in place. That means that our chat is in working order and our moderators are in place.

As more and more boats dock Elf Island, we plan to add more and more fun features! This means more mini-games, more items to buy, sell or trade, secret passageways to explore, our house-building GoodQuest,™ and lots of other fun goodies.
Islanders, thanks for your continued support and enthusiasm! We are committed to creating a fun place for kids that enables them to give back, by influencing communities and environments, all through the fun and entertaining world of Elf Island. Get excited, we’re one step closer to sharing Elf Island with the world.

Bug

Has anyone tried to get in? We did as instructed and were informed that we could not "use" the preregistered names. Can't get past the registration window.

I'm in. Just a caution, folks. Takes a little bit to get the activation email.

I'm encountering some bugs at the customization page...:headache:

I was able to customize my elf and select my home but then everything started going really slow so I logged out.

Was in the process of choosing my clothes, then encountered problems :(

Same here. I'm logging back in now to try and finish.

And just to be clear:

What are we allowed and not allowed to do since we are in closed beta?
(Such as post picture...talk about elf island...etc?)

I found the game pretty decent. The only thing I don't really like is the way you move on the game.. I prefer a VMK style of movement. Just by that.. I can tell you I wont be spending alot of time on this game. It really is just the graphics that annoy me.. it reminds me of similar games like Club Penguin and BuildABear. Overall, the game just leans more towards Club Penguin game play rather then VMK..

Does anyone know information on the founder's cap?

If you don't pick it as a hat in the beginning, do you still get it for free after you finish making your character?

I can't find any way to change our appearance and my hair came out the wrong color!!! It's supposed to be dark red and it came out a light aqua.:scared1:
I reported it. LOL!

Does anyone know information on the founder's cap?

If you don't pick it as a hat in the beginning, do you still get it for free after you finish making your character?

If you click on the wardrobe in your house you can change it. The same thing happened to me and I was able to fix it.

I can't find any way to change our appearance and my hair came out the wrong color!!! It's supposed to be dark red and it came out a light aqua.:scared1:
I reported it. LOL!

I reported it. LOL!

If you go in your house and click on the wardrobe, it will bring up the Customize your Elf box.

If you click on the wardrobe in your house you can change it. The same thing happened to me and I was able to fix it.

If you go in your house and click on the wardrobe, it will bring up the Customize your Elf box.

Thanks!! :) I didn't quite get that far. Super lag. My gaming laptop died and is in the shop, so I'm on a really slow one. I'll try on the desk top later!

Does anyone know if the founder's cap is the same as the VMK founder's cap? And if it's not, where do we get it? And where is the Mouse Hole? lol

Also, what do you think is better, the castle or pirate ship house?

Did you all see that message about so many VMKers in the game. It was signed "Lily". I wonder if it's any relation the THE Lily? Hmmmm......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter