Electronic Signature for Sales Agreement

NickBCV

Mouseketeer
Yesterday our closing company emailed us the sales contract for a recent purchase that we agreed to. It was sent via Docusource and asked for electronic signatures for both me and my wife. They said once the sellers also sign I would get an email from Docusource stating I can download and print the fully executed document.

This seems odd to me...is there not a requirement, at least on the seller side that they provide a notarized wet signature? Maybe that is a requirement later in the process when and if we pass ROFR but just seemed odd to me. I have a question out to the closing company about the original signature but thought I would check and see if anyone else has experienced this.

Live, notarized signatures are required for closing, but not up front. A sales contract is pretty easy to break, so I'm not surprise they're a bit more lax about it.

Thank you. I guess as long as the sellers sign the deed with a notarized signature we should be okay.

We used electronic signatures on the purchase agreement when we sold our home. (We did live signatures for the closing). I think this is a fairly common practice in real estate, although I can't speak for the timeshare resale market. However, most homes sell for more than the typical resale contract, so I this method for wouldn't worry about this method for a timeshare contract.

We used electronic signatures on the purchase agreement when we sold our home. (We did live signatures for the closing). I think this is a fairly common practice in real estate, although I can't speak for the timeshare resale market. However, most homes sell for more than the typical resale contract, so I this method for wouldn't worry about this method for a timeshare contract.
We just got confirmation from the closing company that the initial contract can be an electronic signature but the closing docs will need to be notarized. As a side note, they did have to send us a new contract to sign as the initial one they sent us was drafted by an out of state office and they said Disney requires the docs be prepared by a Florida brokerage office or it would be returned.

Just signed mine electonically today. I did it on my iPhone and it was a bit hard to read and sign everything, but got through it. I hope the seller gets theirs signed and we can get it sent to Disney. So nervous about ROFR. No one seems to know who they will pass on and who they will take.

Just signed mine electonically today. I did it on my iPhone and it was a bit hard to read and sign everything, but got through it. I hope the seller gets theirs signed and we can get it sent to Disney. So nervous about ROFR. No one seems to know who they will pass on and who they will take.

There really isn't a rhyme or reason that anyone has found except maybe the unit number.

We signed the sales contract electronically and physically signed and mailed the closing docs.

Good luck nurse. I am in the same boat and feel like the contract I signed is too good for Disney to let it fly. The only thing that gives me hope is I do not see any history on the disboards ROFR thread of VGF contracts taken. Maybe they are just letting most of these go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter