• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Electrical Water Pageant

Bugeye

Mouseketeer
I just came back from a saty at VWL. What happened to the Electrical Water Pageant? They have cut it in half with only 6 or 7 barges. OK, they are probably saving a big chunk of money but when will the cutting stop. :(

I know the barges suffered hurricane damage and the show did not run at all for several weeks after the last storm. Could that have something to do with it? Did you ask any of the CMs while you were there?

It was only half a show when I was there this May (12-17) also. They were running late the night I saw it (due to MK Fireworks), so I assumed they showed half due to come kind of time constraint. I never thought to question it, but now that I read this post I sure am wondering. Has anyone else seen the show since mid May?

We had never seen the water parade & made a point of doing that while staying at the Poly last month. What a dissappointment. Our kids said, "where's the rest of it?"

Very much different than the first time we saw it. Dec 2001 at VWL. This past trip, end of Oct, we skipped Illuminations in order to see the the water parade. We are not scheduled to stay at a resort on the lake for quite awhile and remembered how nice it was before.

Big mistake! I got bit up by bugs big time on the beach waiting. A pontoon boat blocked our view and it was cut to almost nothing. My husband and I just looked at each other like what the heck was that??????????

If you've ever seen it before and to see it now you will be dissapointed. We were!

Ohhhh this is so sad to hear. :(

My kids, who are now 14 and 19 and I have always made EWP a tradition on our WDW trips. We used to stay at the Poly before joining DVC, and especially my younger daughter and I would watch it just about every night. When she was little we made up a silly song called "First there's a Dragon", where we'd name each float one at a time as it was illuminated. Even though she is a teenager we still continued to sing the song as a laugh, and it's a warm memory for us.

I am hoping something will be done to fix whatever caused the change, because, as BuzzandWoody said, now it's more like "Huh?, what happened to the EWP?". I am surprised I haven't read about it anywhere else. I tried to research on the 'net, but didn't come up with anything. I think I'll go post on another board and see if anyone has any more info. Meanwhile I am drying my tears. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter