Electrical Parade Tip? Other tips....

PrinceOfPeace

Mouseketeer
I haven't been to DL in a long time.....probably 4 yrs?? Any tips on how to plan for the electrical parade? And any tips on what to do that is new in the last 4 yrs?? thank you in advance

Hang out near the hub during first MSEP. When it ends, grab a spot in the street outside tomorrowland for fireworks. As fireworks is ending, grab a spot on the curb for second MSEP.

There was a recent thread about changes in last 4 years. Let's see how many I can remember.
1) New movie in Soarin
1a) Hyperspace Mt.
1b) Official Disneyland app.
2) Rollickin Roadsters
3) Frozen musical replaced alladin.
4) Character meets, like Frozen in Animation and Marvel in Hollywoodland.
5) AP center where starcade used to be.
6) Mansion now has FP all the time.
7) Security moved outside DTD on west side/more checkpoints.

Sorry for so many 1s. Kept thinking of other big things I didn't want to add to bottom, nor renumber.

Be aware of some things that you won't be able to do: ROA closed (Mark Twain and Columbia are docked, TSI closed, etc.), Big Thunder trail to FL closed, BTRBBQ closed, petting zoo closed, DLRR closed. No selfie sticks allowed.

There are Starbucks locations in both parks and 2 locations in DtD. Definitely download the app. FP return times strictly enforced now.

All of the fast passes in the parks are connected now with the exception of Buzz Lightyear. But the two parks are still not connected.

Hang out near the hub during first MSEP. When it ends, grab a spot in the street outside tomorrowland for fireworks. As fireworks is ending, grab a spot on the curb for second MSEP.

There was a recent thread about changes in last 4 years. Let's see how many I can remember.
1) New movie in Soarin
1a) Hyperspace Mt.
1b) Official Disneyland app.
2) Rollickin Roadsters
3) Frozen musical replaced alladin.
4) Character meets, like Frozen in Animation and Marvel in Hollywoodland.
5) AP center where starcade used to be.
6) Mansion now has FP all the time.
7) Security moved outside DTD on west side/more checkpoints.

Sorry for so many 1s. Kept thinking of other big things I didn't want to add to bottom, nor renumber.
Very helpful thank you so much.

Is fastpass like disneyworld? Or do I have to get them day of? Also, how many allowed?

FPs are not like at WDW. They are the old paper FPs. You will get them the day of your visit and you must have entered one of the parks in order to get them. How many you can get in one day depends. Pull your first FP, then look at the time printed on the ticket which says your return time (strictly enforced now) and the time when you can pull your next FP. Go with the earlier time to get your next FP. If FPs last throughout the whole day (not always the case on crowded days), you may get a nice number of FPs on one day, especially if you are park hopping (FPs are not connected between the two parks).

Is fastpass like disneyworld? Or do I have to get them day of? Also, how many allowed?
There is no limit to the number of FPs you can get if you manage your times efficiently. I've gotten eight or more on days that haven't been particularly crowded. Note that the best time to work the FPs are morning - as the day progresses, return times get farther and farther out, so it takes more time before your next window opens. You can get another FP either when the return window for your current one opens, or two hours later, whichever comes first. However, you cannot hold two FPs for the same attraction at the same time. So, for instance, if you pull a FP for RSR at 10:00 and its return time is 3:00, you cannot pull another RSR FP at 12:00. You'd have to wait until 3:00 (by which time it's entirely likely that all the RSR FPs would be gone).

FPs are not like at WDW. They are the old paper FPs. You will get them the day of your visit and you must have entered one of the parks in order to get them. How many you can get in one day depends. Pull your first FP, then look at the time printed on the ticket which says your return time (strictly enforced now) and the time when you can pull your next FP. Go with the earlier time to get your next FP. If FPs last throughout the whole day (not always the case on crowded days), you may get a nice number of FPs on one day, especially if you are park hopping (FPs are not connected between the two parks).
If you are hopping to both parks, do tickets have to be activated at both parks to get FP at both? Or will activating in one park allow FP in both parks?

If you are hopping to both parks, do tickets have to be activated at both parks to get FP at both? Or will activating in one park allow FP in both parks?

Aladora is correct. So what this basically means is this:

1. Everybody enters 1 of the parks - DL or DCA.
  2. You can grab FP for a ride in DL...let's assume for now that you're entering DL first.
  3. Then 1 person in your group takes EVERYONE'S tickets and goes over to DCA. This FP Runner person then gets FP's for a DCA ride for everybody.
  4. FP Runner then rejoins the group in DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter