electric vehicle plug-ins at DVC resorts

katiefloy2003

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone.

We plan to drive down to WDW and will be driving an electric car hybrid. I was wondering if any of the DVC resorts have plug-ins available? I can't seem to find anything about plug-in locations except for some being available at EPCOT. It just seems it would make more sense for these to be available at the resort where people are staying and I can't believe Disney hasn't already thought of this. I am most interested in plug-in availability at the Hilton Head Island Resort and Bay Lake Tower, but if there are plug-ins at one of the other resorts I may change where we stay to accommodate that.

Thanks!

No EV charging stations at any of the Disney Resorts (which includes HHI).

Electric Vehicle Charging Stations For your convenience, a number of ChargePoint charging stations are now available in parking lots at Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom park and Disney Springs. Arriving Guests may ask a Cast Member for directions to these charge ports, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Epcot: 4 stations at the front of the Journey Parking Lot
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park: 4 stations in the Medical Parking Lot
  • Disney Springs: 6 stations: 3 on the 5th floor of the Orange Garage and 3 on the 5th floor of the Lime Garage
To use this service, you will need a credit card or a pre-ordered ChargePoint card—available at chargepoint.com. The cost to charge at these stations is $0.35 per kilowatt hour, with a minimum service amount of $1.50. Charging will stop once the vehicle’s battery is fully charged. ChargePoint will “ping” the owners to alert them when their car is ready.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/

Looking at chargepoint.com, there might be a few in the MK parking lot.

If it's not a 100% electric, you shouldn't need a charge. If it is, you must live very close. I don't understand your problem??

If it's not a 100% electric, you shouldn't need a charge. If it is, you must live very close. I don't understand your problem??
If it is a plug-in hybrid then it can be plugged in to charge but it doesn't need to be. Charging at home can make lots of sense, but charging at most stations is overly expensive. They price of 35¢/kWh is about seven times what I pay at home.

Many hotels do have "destination" chargers available. For pure electric cars, you can easily use up a full charge getting to your destination. Mine has a 230 mile range, and a network of charging stations can allow long-distance trips where charging overnight at your hotel is a necessity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter