• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

El Pirata y el Perico

ddiva

Mouseketeer
It seems to be closed on every visit to MK. I was wondering if anyone knew if this would be open on June 2nd?

Who the %$#@# knows! This upsets me so much, because I think it is a great CS place to get something different other than burgers and pizza, and chicken strips. We ate there once in July and I think then maybe only on certain days of the week it was open? If we could protest I would, because we really liked the taco salad and beans and rice. pirate: You can't know for sure on this place. It does not run on a set schedule!

lovmy2girls said:
Who the %$#@# knows! This upsets me so much, because I think it is a great CS place to get something different other than burgers and pizza, and chicken strips.

:rotfl2: I thought it was just me! Every trip I plan to eat here and everytime I go it is closed! I guess it's just used during the absolute busiest times? Maybe I'll get to try it during free dining.

Same frustrations here as well. This is mine & my DH's favorite CS to eat at and it's never open. It's absolutely ridiculous. If they're never going to open it (even at the busiest times) maybe they should do something with it to stop teasing us.

They were testing it out as a buffet (Sept-Oct '05) We didnt try it out, but it was basically everything at a barbeque.

I too miss the old El Pirata y el Perico, I remember my sister and I were so excited to get there and eat, and it was closed, nothing else tasted good that day, I had my heart set on the food. :sad2:

I have been to the MK at all times of the year, so many times I can't count and I have NEVER seen this place open! I had been beginning to wonder if it ever had been open! :teeth:

I thought that we were the unlucky ones too! My DH and I have been dying to try pthis restaurant and it had NEVER been open.

We are hoping it is open next week!

last time we were there (back in december-january) we asked a CM since it was closed the day we had planned on eating there while the day before it was opened. it turns out that it's only open during the crowded weeks such as the holidays and the summer. no clue as to why though.::MinnieMo

The only time I have every seen this restaurant open was in the last week of April 2004.
It was open two days in a row, and I ate there the second day.
This was the least crowded CS facility at MK that day. I don't think many people thought that it was open.
:cool1:

I've been to WDW the last 4 summers and have NEVER seen it open.... the menu looks so good too!

it was closed last week too. to my great disappointment. they had the best taco salads

KimmLynn said:
I've been to WDW the last 4 summers and have NEVER seen it open.... the menu looks so good too!

I've been there the last 4 summers (and many more before those) and we have always been able to eat there. The hours have been limited the past few years, but we have always been able to eat lunch there at least once a trip during the summer. I think the place was only open 11-4 last summer. The food there has definitely declined since the old days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter