Eisner vs Iger

Jonfw2

DIS Veteran
Simple question:

Arguably the two best post-Walt executives for Disney in history.

I say Eisner. The company had virtually abandoned Imagineering when he took over. He brought park growth back from the brink.

Don’t get me wrong- Iger was huge. But Eisner was the best.

Last edited:
Simple question:

Arguably the two best post-Walt executives for Disney in history.

I say Eisner. The company had virtually abandoned Imagineering when he took over. He brought park growth back from the brink.

Don’t get me wrong- Iger was huge. But Eisner was the best.

They had two different missions and both were highly successful.

As you say Eisner put life back into the company, he brought back magic, creativity, true imagineering and a passion that was the essence of Walt Disney.

Iger built the movie empire, boosted the studios and changed film for the Disney Co. The company needed several strong divisions and he did this. Fortunately he also has personality and a love for the parks so they did okay ....

For the purpose of better ... in terms of the Disney image - I say Eisner, or financial reasons, Iger.

Sadly Chapek can't begin to fill either of their shoes. His resume is weak. I am concerned for the company going forward, especially if his handler Iger really leaves.

They had two different missions and both were highly successful.

As you say Eisner put life back into the company, he brought back magic, creativity, true imagineering and a passion that was the essence of Walt Disney.

Iger built the movie empire, boosted the studios and changed film for the Disney Co. The company needed several strong divisions and he did this. Fortunately he also has personality and a love for the parks so they did okay ....

For the purpose of better ... in terms of the Disney image - I say Eisner, or financial reasons, Iger.

Sadly Chapek can't begin to fill either of their shoes. His resume is weak. I am concerned for the company going forward, especially if his handler Iger really leaves.
I sometimes wonder if elderly board members thought they heard "Eisner" when they were voting yes for Iger.

Not related to this thread entirely but I will say “The Ride of a Lifetime” by Mr. Iger is an excellent read. Not a full memoir but not a full business book either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter