Eisner put on notice

manning

Just for that I have requested it
This appeared in the NewYork Post written by TIM ARANGO

http://www.nypost.com/business/57124.htm

Following are the first four paragraphs. The whole article can be read on the above link

September 16, 2002 -- The clock is ticking for Michael Eisner.

A timetable appears to be emerging for the Disney chief to revive the company's fortunes, according to a source close to the board. This person says Eisner has roughly a year to get the company on track before the board would seek his ouster.

Meanwhile, two influential investors - Gordy Crawford of Capital Research and Management, and Stanley Gold, a Disney board member and chief of Shamrock Capital Advisors - are still trying to recruit a replacement for Eisner, according to another source.

The pair recently failed to recruit Mel Karmazin, Viacom's president and chief operating officer, to Disney, but they've lately renewed their efforts at luring a new top dog to Disney, the source said.

It looks like Gold and Roy Disney are serious about getting rid of him. The mention of luring someone else could mean they have enough votes to pull it off, but on the other hand the indication that Eisner has got a year may also mean they may not but could be getting closer. I hope. Sooner would be better than later.

Also note another name has appeared. "Capital Research and Management"

ME could do a lot of damage in a year.
Of course he could improve Disney a lot in a year too. For years we have not seen any indications of this. Miracles can happen. ;) But ME would have to listen to others. I don't know that his ego will allow that.
I would imagine they are looking over his shoulder very carefully and still looking around for a replacement. It would cost them a lot to shove him out before his contract is up. But I think in the end it will cost them more to keep him around.
ME is almost as unpopular as Pressler now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter